Mass shooting in Canada

It’s the 2nd ‘anniversary’ of the Toronto Van attack this week .

Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing and the Stand off at the Branch Davidian cult complex at Waco Tx. I don’t think the date was a random choice for this killer.
His horrendous act yesterday will now live alongside two of the largest mass killings in US history.

It is the largest mass killing ever in Canada. People are stunned, especially as more of the details come out. How does a community react to this during a quarantine?

There was a move to light candles on peoples porches and to tie blue or tartan ribbons outside to show support to the victims and each other. The sunset was absolutely stunning and all my social media was full of pictures of it - like nature itself was sending a message.

M.
(Not my photo - just one of the amazing ones I saw posted tonight)

It is the largest mass killing ever in Canada. People are stunned, especially as more of the details come out. How does a community react to this during a quarantine?

There was a move to light candles on peoples porches and to tie blue or tartan ribbons outside to show support to the victims and each other. The sunset was absolutely stunning and all my social media was full of pictures of it - like nature itself was sending a message.

M.
(Not my photo - just one of the amazing ones I saw posted tonight)

View attachment 489598

Beautiful. Very poetic, a red sky the colour of the RCMP red surge dress uniform. It’s like the most perfect tribute to Constable Stevenson. #NeverForget 🇨🇦 💔

Have they identified a motive for this other than that the first target was his ex-wife?

Not that I have heard yet. I think his home in Portapique was burned down, but the mounties have been combing through his home/business in Dartmouth so maybe they will find some indicators there.

The RCMP have their hands full trying to process all the crime scenes. They are trying to find cottages to rent to put up additional investigators where they can investigate and still quarantine themselves as much as possible from the locals.

The provincial government also received a number of requests from outside media to allow them to come to NS and be exempted from the 14 day travel quarantine. Dr Strang, the chief medical officer, said nope.

There is no RCMP press conference scheduled for today. but they are expected to release a statement. The official death count hasn't changed, but there are people currently considered missing who are expected to be added once they finish processing the crime scenes where the fires were set.

M.

One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, from one of the most beautiful countries I've ever visited -- the anthem of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

The RCMP have their hands full trying to process all the crime scenes. They are trying to find cottages to rent to put up additional investigators where they can investigate and still quarantine themselves as much as possible from the locals.
A lot of people (even Canadians) don't know this, but the RCMP has one of the finest, most sophisticated crime laboratories in the world.

In the late 80's, they were one of just four crime labs (New Scotland Yard, FBI, and Miami-Dade Police were the other 3) who collaborated and developed the protocols for using DNA technology in the criminal justice systems worldwide.

There are old stories put together of a similar spree out of Britain I think it was. I remember the accents. Little quiet village and a good shot with a rifle went around on foot. Back when local police were towns away. First on site officer was killed before he exited car. Very hard to find a killer moving back when the phone lines couldn't take the call volume.

No matter how we split the hairs semantically, at least 23 22 innocent people have been murdered.

Which label we choose to use is irrelevant. Whether we find out why is irrelevant.

Twenty-three -two innocent lives are what matter.

The only positive thing about the whole tragedy is that the police killed the murderer.

Last edited:
No matter how we split the hairs semantically, at least 23 innocent people have been murdered.

Which label we choose to use is irrelevant. Whether we find out why is irrelevant.

Twenty-three innocent lives are what matter.

The only positive thing about the whole tragedy is that the police killed the murderer.

The RCMP issued a correction after this statement. There are 23 dead, of which 22 were victims.

It's not certain yet if the police killed the perpetrator or if he killed himself. Any death or serious injury involving police in NS is automatically investigated by SIRT and they will determine what happened.

M.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter