Massages on Magic

rundogrun

Mouseketeer
On the Wonder we were told we had to leave our bathing suits on during our massage.

Is this the case on the Magic as well? Nothing worse than lying around in a wet suit for an hour.

Really? Was this a massage on Castaway Cay? A full-body massage?

I've had massages on both ships, in the spa, and both times disrobed completely (and of course was covered with a sheet). It's the only way for me to get a decent massage. :)

...were on Castaway Cay and they weren't full body...my hubby got down to his briefs...we weren't wearing our swimsuits yet. I was told to get down to my bra and panties...then when they came in, the masseuse helped me slip out of the bra but kept it on the table under me. I assumed this was because we weren't having full body.

We weren't able to try any of the on board spa services, so I don't know for sure about those. :)

I hope you get to strip down because I agree with Michelle...for a full body massage, it's the only way to go. :)

They were full body massages on board the Wonder.

Our concierge had mistakenly booked it as a "Couples" massage, so perhaps the fact that we were in the same room together had something to do with it?

Anyway, sounds like I may be able to get a massage after all in August.

Thanks!

Hi rundogrun.

On the Wonder we were told we had to leave our bathing suits on during our massage. Is this the case on the Magic as well?

Only if you have gas...

We had a couples message on the Magic last November and they allowed us to completely disrobe if we wanted.

So you completely disrobe? Is it a female with female and male or female with male? I have never had a masage, for the fear of being uncomfortable, but everyone tells me they are awesome, and just like cruising, once you massage you always massage.

Joanna

My DH and I did the Spa Taster Couple Cabana and we both got down to our bathing suit bottoms. We each had a female attendant.

Females do the massages for both male and female guests. This seems to be a Disney thing, as I had a male do my treatment on one of our Royal Caribbean cruises.
I have never been told to leave my swimsuit on (sometimes I wear a suit to the spa and sometimes regular clothing). They either instruct me to strip to my underwear, disrobe completely, or disrobe to whatever is comfortable for me. Of course, for the seaweed wrap, everybody gets to wear those lovely and fashionable paper panties :jester: For the wrap, you definitely have to get undressed, but if you are female, they will ask you if you want your chest done or not. I imagine that some people might be uncomfortable with having seaweed smeared there, but not me! I'll strip for anything, as long as a massage is involved ;)
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

See you on the 18th cruise DMOss! I will be on it with my husband and daughter. This is our first cruise and looking forward to it!

Originally posted by inkkognito
For the wrap, you definitely have to get undressed, but if you are female, they will ask you if you want your chest done or not. I imagine that some people might be uncomfortable with having seaweed smeared there, but not me!

Hmmm...I'd probably LOVE the seaweed wrap. But what does it smell like?

I'd probably LOVE the seaweed wrap. But what does it smell like?

Well, with the name "seaweed wrap," I think we can eliminate the scent of carrots...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter