Matching Shirts

DBF and I were joking around about wearing matching shirts on our trip, but now I'm starting to consider it, but still hesitant.

Would it be weird if two adults did it? We are a couple in our twenties and it is just us.

Also, for people who have done matching shirts: did you make them before you went or at DTD? If you made them before, where/how did you do it (tie-dye, from the Disney Store website, etc)

We've only done it once, in cute Christmas shirts I got off etsy for our Christmas Day in EPCOT. It was cute, the pictures turned out sooo cute, and Minnie Mouse just loved them :D

I've seen ppl matching without kids. I dont think its weird at all! Do it! pixiedust:

It's fun and you will be surprised how many people do matching shirts. I have my daughters match pretty much every day, but even my too-cool husband will don matching shirts for a couple of days....ONLY at WDW!

It's Disney World ...you do things there you'd never dream of doing anywhere else! :earboy2:

I think matching shirts are a fun idea....in fact there's an entire board here at the DIS devoted to making shirts!

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

:tinker:Have fun DISigning!

I'm traveling with extended family in the fall and some who won't participate in the matching tshirt idea, but we'll have "coordinating" shirts. AK day with choice of Safari Mickey ears or picture of the tree of life or Safari Donald (ideas for each from the design board here or Etsy or simply googling DIY Disney shirts - you'll find tons of blogs). MK day red shirts with black Mickey or Minnie ears and the year, or white shirts with mouse ears on the pocket/logo area. You get the idea. Some of us have store bought shirts that are inspiration for other shirts we'll make to coordinate.

TONS of people do it, with and without kids. I like making or ordering iron-ons because you can find a favorite brand/cut/style/color in just your size with exactly your favorite character.

Nope. Not weird. :goodvibes Nobody's going to give you a second look.

As for us, one day out of each WDW trip, I force my poor dh to don a matching or themed shirt to go with the rest of us and we take our Christmas card photo. Our first year, we all wore our "Don't Mess with Texas" t-shirts. The next year, we were all wearing Mickey shirts. The next, we were all dressed in Superman t-shirts, complete with velcro capes. Last year we were all decked out in Monsters, Inc. It's fun and it's the only time each year we do it. ::yes::

We did matching shirts. My wife bought the decals online and ironed them on the shirts. I think we will be doing this again this year. It's not weird no matter how many people are in your party. I see so many people with matching shirts or shirts announcing what family or group they are.

I've seen everything from what looked like someone used a sharpie to professional screen printed shirts. Do whatever you are comfortable with. It does look good in pictures.

I think matching shirts look great in photos and I don't think they have to be exactly the same. Sometimes same design, different color shirts..or same topic. And they don't have to always Disney themed or characters...One day we each wore a soda beverage shirt (DH was Coke, I was Dr. Pepper, My sister was Mountain Dew and DS was Icee). Another time we were each a different ccolor M&M shirt. And to be honest, the shirts that got us the most reactions was the year we wore Angry Bird shirts - it was just when Angry Birds were starting to get popular and there really wasn't a lot of merchandise around.

I see that you're no longer looking for validation, but let me provide it anyway.

My husband and I are in our mid-40s, our son is 7. On vacation, while we don't "match" our outfits, per se, we do coordinate so that we are all wearing the same color shirt. I'll pack for me and my son and tell my husband to pack the same color shirts. Then when we arrive I'll say, "Today is green shirt day." And then we all wear green. And so on.

I plan on doing this until my son begs me not to. Then maybe I'll consider stopping.

So if your boyfriend is willing, DO IT! :p

We've been throwing ideas about coordinating and matching shirts and here's the few ideas we came up with.

-coordinating Disney Afternoon shirts, probably Darkwing Duck and Tailspin (BF was born in late 80s, me early 90s so we grew up with these)

-making/buying shirts that say "i'm his Eve" and "i'm her WALL-E" (his favorite movie)

-and to humor me, Perkis Power shirts from Heavyweights because it is by far one of my favorite movies growing up.

Thoughts on these? Are they too obscure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter