Mattress Comfort level moderate vs deluxe

Jessica Furukawa

Earning My Ears
Ok, looking for a real honest review on comfort level for sleeping arrangements! Are moderate level hotel rooms less consistent in mattress comfort than deluxe/villas? Specifically looking at Caribbean/PORiverside and BCV. Comfort is subjective to how you want your mattress, but if everyone is leaving a certain resort feeling tortured from the mattresses, than we’d like to avoid that particular location

Ok, looking for a real honest review on comfort level for sleeping arrangements! Are moderate level hotel rooms less consistent in mattress comfort than deluxe/villas? Specifically looking at Caribbean/PORiverside and BCV. Comfort is subjective to how you want your mattress, but if everyone is leaving a certain resort feeling tortured from the mattresses, than we’d like to avoid that particular location

That's impossible to answer as we have found wildly different comfort levels of mattresses in the same room. Having said that we have had multiple stays at every level of resort and cannot honestly say we could make any correlation to our comfort and resort level whatsoever. We have stayed multiple times at all 3 of the resorts you listed and none stand out as being better than another.

I haven't found much of a difference no matter what the level. I can tell you that we recently stayed in AKL ( Sept 2018 ) and the queen bed was medium firmness ( not too soft or too hard ) and were higher off the ground than the mods I had been in. We just stayed Yacht Club and left the bed was the same ( medium firmness ). These beds are higher and you can store luggage under.

The only bed I never wanted to do again was the sofa bed in a 1 bedroom villa. Worst sleep ever.

I have stayed at both of these places, BC more than POR, and I think it's really room to room rather than resort to resort, which makes it pretty much a crapshoot.

Hard to really say. I will tell you, my family kindly refers to me as "The Princess and the Pea." I am super sensitive to a bad mattress. It's been a long while since I've stayed at a moderate (mostly offsite and last year did the Contemporary). I can say that I was *very* pleased with the mattress at the Contemporary. I thought it was extremely comfortable. Prior to our nights there, we did two nights at a regular hotel chain near Universal (Drury Inn). I wasn't fond of the mattress there.

I know this doesn't really answer your question though, but I felt compelled to gush about my mattress at the Contemporary!:)

One good thing that someone told me about AFTER I spent a week at ASMu on a creaking, dipping mattress is that you can ask them to change it out if it's bad or add a board under it if it's not firm enough etc. I wish I had known this because my mattress felt like it had been at my great grandma's house since I was a toddler. lol

I don't think there is a real way to know if you'll like the mattress at any of these hotels. I am very sensitive to the mattresses I'm sleeping on. I've never had an issues with the moderates, but the last time I stayed at one was almost 9 years ago. I didn't like the bed at Pop, but I've stayed at multiple deluxes and sometimes I like the bed and sometimes I don't and it's the same hotel.

The best mattress I've ever slept on in my life was at the BC about 10 years ago - no idea what they did but that was like climbing into a cloud. I still think about it - lol!

If I had to generalize I think the mattresses at the values and mods seem like the same ones and I get a good night's sleep. A more recently renovated room seems to have helped get a better mattress. I felt like the mattresses at the deluxe resorts have some extra softness or padding to them- the GF mattress was very nice but still nothing tops that time at the BC. I am thinking there is no way to control the mattress but I'd bet the ones at deluxe resorts are a bit nicer. I wouldn't pay the extra hundreds a night ONLY to roll that dice on the mattress tho - lol!

I have found the mattresses at the moderates to be very similar to those in the DVC villas, including VGF. I only noticed the difference at AoA, which is the only value I have stayed at. That mattress was squeaky, too firm for my taste, and uncomfortable. I still liked the resort, though.

We have stayed at values, mods, and deluxe resorts, and I can't say I had more terrific mattresses at one resort over another. I will say that I think the deluxe bedding is superior to the value and mod bedding. The thread count of the sheets is higher and feels more luxurious. To me, that helps make for a good night's sleep, if that helps.

We have stayed at values, mods, and deluxe resorts, and I can't say I had more terrific mattresses at one resort over another. I will say that I think the deluxe bedding is superior to the value and mod bedding. The thread count of the sheets is higher and feels more luxurious. To me, that helps make for a good night's sleep, if that helps.

I think that's one thing that stood out to me at my Contemporary stay. Very nice sheets.

We stayed AKL lodge last year and POP this year and I'm assuming it's because of the refurb, but the bed at POP was just as comfortable to me as AKL was.

We recently stayed at the CR (in the tower) and the mattress was outstanding! I meant to check out the brand, but neglected to do so. On the other hand, we stayed in a unit at BLT last winter and the mattress felt like mush (we were only there one night and had an early a.m. departure, but I did register a complaint). We haven’t stayed at a moderate in a while, but I remember them being generally fine.

That's impossible to answer as we have found wildly different comfort levels of mattresses in the same room. Having said that we have had multiple stays at every level of resort and cannot honestly say we could make any correlation to our comfort and resort level whatsoever. We have stayed multiple times at all 3 of the resorts you listed and none stand out as being better than another.
This:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Had the 2 mattresses in the same room feel totally different.

My experience has been that both the beds and the bedding at swan and Dolphin are more comfortable than any of the Disney resorts where we have stayed.

The only memorable mattress at disney that i have slept is was this past spring at Coronado. The mattress and pillows were amazing. I actually ordered the same pillows for our bed at home.

I have slept in all categories and have had different beds everywhere. Our beds at Coronado in 2015 were amazing! Beach club villas, the bed was amazing, but the pullout was bad enough that after one night I begged to be moved to a regular room with 2 beds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter