Maui

Yeah, it's spam musubi. Found in most convenience stores across Hawaii. And really tasty, in fact. :)

Pretty common at quick service sushi places around here.

I’ve also tried Spam, rice, and eggs. Had it at McDonald’s. But it was easy enough to make at home.

<deleted>
I never said it's the end of the world, you're being dramatic. I said that the planet is warming and as a result we're having more extreme weather and wildfires, like the tragedy of Lahaina. This is a fact. The more extreme weather and wildfires are going to make it more difficult for all human beings to live comfortably on this planet. As with all things, those at the poorest end of the scale will suffer the most. In poorer countries like India, they are seeing a rapid rise in renal disease which is directly connected to prolong dehydration in people who work outside without respite from the increasing temperatures. That's just one example....there are many more.

And I'm saying that the temperature is rising due to climate change, which is us pumping excessive amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere, causing the planet to warm....when it should be in a cooling period. The planet began to warm up....when we started burning coal. As a result of that, we've raised the temperature 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (1.0 degree Celsius), with most of this warming coming in the last 35 years.

As a result of all of this.....some of us are noting that we are having more frequent 500-1,000 year floods, longer and more extreme droughts, longer wildfire seasons that cause increasingly more destruction and hotter summers with long periods of 100 plus, or in the case of Phoenix 110+ days and the hottest July in recorded history. 2022 was the warmest year on record, until we get to the end of this year, when 2023 will take the lead. It's happening all around us....you don't need the news to see it.

Also, I don't watch CNN....I don't have cable.
If people can't see that it's getting worse, that's on them.
Wild fires do happen, but not as bad or often. Floods do happen, but not as bad or often. Record temps do happen, but not as often... also, the earth will survive, but we (as a species) wont.

Note the Hurricane coming to SoCal, sure its not the first time, but its definitely not the norm. (granted, I wouldn't be surprised if the hurricane turns into nothing, but media hype)

Side note, no one should watch CNN (or Fox), you can get better factual unbiased information on YouTube. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the things I have read that have been proposed in the name of climate change are absurd. Blocking the sun is definitely terrifying and would have broad implications. New Zealand proposing to tax cow "emissions" is another one.

ClassicShoddyBasilisk-size_restricted.gif

I never said it's the end of the world, you're being dramatic. I said that the planet is warming and as a result we're having more extreme weather and wildfires, like the tragedy of Lahaina. This is a fact. The more extreme weather and wildfires are going to make it more difficult for all human beings to live comfortably on this planet. As with all things, those at the poorest end of the scale will suffer the most. In poorer countries like India, they are seeing a rapid rise in renal disease which is directly connected to prolong dehydration in people who work outside without respite from the increasing temperatures. That's just one example....there are many more.

And I'm saying that the temperature is rising due to climate change, which is us pumping excessive amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere, causing the planet to warm....when it should be in a cooling period. The planet began to warm up....when we started burning coal. As a result of that, we've raised the temperature 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (1.0 degree Celsius), with most of this warming coming in the last 35 years.

As a result of all of this.....some of us are noting that we are having more frequent 500-1,000 year floods, longer and more extreme droughts, longer wildfire seasons that cause increasingly more destruction and hotter summers with long periods of 100 plus, or in the case of Phoenix 110+ days and the hottest July in recorded history. 2022 was the warmest year on record, until we get to the end of this year, when 2023 will take the lead. It's happening all around us....you don't need the news to see it.

Also, I don't watch CNN....I don't have cable.
Ahhh….coming from someone who called me dramatic when it comes to our cratering economy. One thing that is 100% accurate is that we will never agree on anything.

Are you going to make fun of peoples religious beliefs. A lot of things predicted in the book of revelation are coming true. Obviously you’re not well read on the Bible.
Not making fun at all. People can believe what they want to believe. The Bible isn't a big part of most of the world's people. They believe other things. A belief is different than science. Do you disagree with that?

Not making fun at all. People can believe what they want to believe. The Bible isn't a big part of most of the world's people. They believe other things. A belief is different than science. Do you disagree with that?
If you ever read the book of revelations it talks about the increase in natural disasters. Wars and rumors of wars, famines, droughts, cashless society, immorality. I can’t say it’s inaccurate.

If you ever read the book of revelations it talks about the increase in natural disasters. Wars and rumors of wars, famines, droughts, cashless society, immorality. I can’t say it’s inaccurate.
I don't need a synopsis from you.

Some of the things I have read that have been proposed in the name of climate change are absurd. Blocking the sun is definitely terrifying and would have broad implications. New Zealand proposing to tax cow "emissions" is another one.
I would think human farts would be even worse. I know I do my share.

Even an atheist would see some coincidence.
So because someone that was of some intelligence a "long long time ago" was able to see how humans can destroy stuff, it has something to do with religion.? How does being written in the bible (a book in the fiction section) make it not human interference.?
What part of prediction makes it not something we caused.?

Isn't that the subject of the argument against climate change, is that it isn't caused by humans.?? (or is it that its not caused, but accelerated)

Also, someone wrote the script for the movie Idiocracy, & it is has some serious coincidences too. ;)

Last edited:
I listened to "The Daily" NYT podcast today, as I do every day, but today was an absolutely harrowing account by a survivor. I won't recount the details here, as it's not for the faint of heart....it includes both human and pet suffering. I just can't imagine being in this man's situation. He recently moved into a new cottage. He didn't say whether he was a renter or buyer, suspect he was a renter as he said that he was one week away from his insurance kicking in...and that he'd lost everything. So I think maybe he lost the contents of his home...which is still so terrible.

He ended up saving his neighbor's life....they escaped on his scooter. Like so many, they ended up in the ocean. His description of the wind....so hot that it was burning and blistering his skin...just so amazing how any of those folks survived. He was asked if what he saw and heard haunted his dreams, and he said...he sees and hears it....with his eyes open. The level of trauma here is off the charts.

At the time of the recording he was still in a shelter. I read another article in the NYT tonight that a lot of the hotels and AirBnB's in Ka'anapali are being put aside for the survivors for the foreseeable future. I know there are a couple of people on this thread who had trips to Maui coming up and it would seem that particular area is going to be out of commission for some time.

I listened to "The Daily" NYT podcast today, as I do every day, but today was an absolutely harrowing account by a survivor. I won't recount the details here, as it's not for the faint of heart....it includes both human and pet suffering. I just can't imagine being in this man's situation. He recently moved into a new cottage. He didn't say whether he was a renter or buyer, suspect he was a renter as he said that he was one week away from his insurance kicking in...and that he'd lost everything. So I think maybe he lost the contents of his home...which is still so terrible.

He ended up saving his neighbor's life....they escaped on his scooter. Like so many, they ended up in the ocean. His description of the wind....so hot that it was burning and blistering his skin...just so amazing how any of those folks survived. He was asked if what he saw and heard haunted his dreams, and he said...he sees and hears it....with his eyes open. The level of trauma here is off the charts.

At the time of the recording he was still in a shelter. I read another article in the NYT tonight that a lot of the hotels and AirBnB's in Ka'anapali are being put aside for the survivors for the foreseeable future. I know there are a couple of people on this thread who had trips to Maui coming up and it would seem that particular area is going to be out of commission for some time.
The survivor accounts are difficult to read and listen to. I read an article written by a woman who rode out the fire on a sailboat with her husband. The things they saw and heard gave me chills. I can’t imagine what it must have been like for the people trapped in their cars on the road.

The survivor accounts are difficult to read and listen to. I read an article written by a woman who rode out the fire on a sailboat with her husband. The things they saw and heard gave me chills. I can’t imagine what it must have been like for the people trapped in their cars on the road.

Yes, in fact, this survivor recounted a super eerie detail. He and his neighbor were in the water, and as the fire intensified with ambers flying everywhere, the boats in the harbor began to catch on fire. As the ropes to these boats burned...the burning boats began to drift out to sea. His friend/neighbor was struggling to keep his footing and had gone quiet for some time, but he roused him to ask him to look at the burning boats....in a single file, on fire...drifting out...as if they were being driven by captains.....just to see if he was seeing the same thing. He felt like he was going crazy.

One small point of "kind of" comic relief. He and his friend get rescued by the coast guard. On board they see two other survivors that they saw at one point during the chaos on the shore....two people in their bathing suits. The man was red...burned from the wind, the woman wasn't as bad. She came over to him on the boat and handed him a pair of underwear to put over his face as he was choking on the smoke. He thought to himself....I'm not putting your underwear over my face lady. But then he realized she had put on a pair of shorts and and a shirt over her bathing suit...*his* shorts...and a shirt he'd gotten in Las Vegas several years back. They'd found his abandoned bag on the jetty and put some clothes on. So...he took the underwear to cover his face....it was his underwear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter