MAW trip for in September

jodirenwick

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney World in September on a Make a Wish trip for my son. Can anyone else tell me what their experience was on a Make a Wish trip to Disney? Did anyone stay at Give Kids the World? Do I need to plan for anything ahead of time? Thanks!!

Jodi

Hi, we are going in October! There is a lot of info here on this forum about GKTW. Do a search for GKTW and Give Kids the World.

We're going in 2 weeks!! :bounce: :jumping1: :bounce: I'll let you know how the trip goes,I'm sure it will be amazing.Make a Wish was here yesterday,and they brought everything we needed for the trip,tshirts,hats,luggage,pins,and,of course the expense check.We can't wait!!!

You should probably get a hold of your Wish coordinator or Wish volunteer about MAW setting up a character meal for your ds. Also, I know when we went on our MAW trip last yr for my dd, we had to set up the priority seatings( I don't remember what they call it now) ourselves to eat lunches, dinners at the parks.
Our family did not stay at GKTW for my dd's MAW trip. We went a more alternative route for my dd's wish. Most MAW families do stay at GKTW,which is about a 20 min drive from WDW. MAW should be setting up the car rental.

What I have seen(on these boards) and heard,when you arrive at GKTW, there is an orientation mtg to attend to get your hopper passes to the parks,Seaworld tickets, and Universal Studio tickets.
Also heard the restaurant at GKTW is nice. There are past posts on this board if you want to look up other families' experiences at GKTW.

Also, if your ds wanted a character meal at US(for example), you would need to have your Wish person set that up for you.

Have a great trip! :cool1:

Rosemarie :flower:

Congrats on your upcoming trip. We had our ds maw tirp back in May and we stayed at gktw and it is a magical time for everyone in the family! There is so much to do at the village itself and the food is really great! The villas are very nice, big and clean- you will be pleasantly surprised by the whole gktw village. They give you very good and easy to follow directions to all of the theme parks and other locations you may want to go to. Our ds and dd had a great experience on this trip they have many wonderful memories that they still talk about. You and your family will have a blast during your trip, and I remember before we left of all the worries and concerns that I had quickly vanished as soon as we started our trip. MAW does a wonderful job at making sure that you and your family has to worry about nothing, they take care of everything and the same goes with gktw. Their have been many families on this board who have went and can answer any questions you can think of to ask. Have fun! :hyper:

Thank you all so much for the replies. I have done a search for GKTW and found alot of information which was great. We are extremely excited...in fact I think I am more excited than the kids are. My one question for those who have been to GKTW...I saw in some past posts that they supply you with laundry soap and all that jazz....is there is a washer/dryer in the villas...or do they have laundry vacilities at the village?

Jodi :)

Hi again Jodi!
Haven't been yet,but there are washers and dryers in the villas.That should make things so much easier,less to pack! :flower:

Lisa

Yes the washer and dryer are right in your villa-in the hallway behind doors, that is where you will find all of the supplies you'll need also. I would throw in a load in before we went somewhere and when we got back finished drying the load-that way we always had clean clothes. You will want to pack very light and be sure to take an empty suitcase you will need it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter