Max Pass and app help - app NEVER works

collegejunkie

DIS Veteran
I'm at Disneyland now and my app has crashed constantly since arriving. I can't do a single thing on it! Sometimes I'm told my password is wrong and can't log in at all, even though my password works perfectly fine to get me into WDW MDE and Disneyland's website. I can only get in very briefly if I uninstall then reinstall the app, then it automatically logs me on and I can do maybe one thing before it tells me there's an error and that I have no tickets and no plans. This is SUPER frustrating! I want to get myself maxpass, and it won't let me see my tickets. The one time it did let me see my ticket, it asked for a password to purchase maxpass then promptly told me my password was wrong (even though it's not) and kicked me off. I restarted my phone a bunch of times, I uninstalled and re-installed the app. I don't know what to do! But, quite frankly, I don't even want to be in the parks without maxpass. Maybe it doesn't matter to others, but it is a big deal for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I have spent hours asking for help from CMs and no one is able to do anything for me. Thanks in advance!

Other people have reported problems with the DL app, especially since the most recent update. Maybe something in this recent thread could help you (Using Disney app while not on wifi)? Do you have the Play app installed? Some people have found that deleting that can help fix problems with the DL app. Good luck!

I’m so sorry you’ve been having difficulty with the app. We struggled quite a bit with it last weekend as well. We experienced slowness, crashes, forgetting login information, etc. I’m wondering if it’s time to replace my phone, although it’s only three years old. I’m just thinking maybe the app developers happen to test on newer models than what I have. So they may not notice all the same difficulties we do. It seems you’ve had even more challenges than we did, though.

You might also try reaching out to tech support. Here’s their information.
Disneyland Resort Tech Support:
‭1 (714) 520-6222‬
app.support@disneyland.com
Hours: 7 am - 7 pm Pacific time

Do you have the Disney play app? When I deleted that, then reinstalled the DL app, it began working for me. It's still a little glitchy, but it doesn't crash every few seconds like it had been. Not sure if the play app has something to do with it.

Make sure your phone is up to date as well, sometimes when apps updates they don't work right until you update your phone software too.

What phone are you using and are you sure it has the most current version of the operating system?

I have had zero issues with the DL App, Maxpass, and online ordering over the past month. I have an Android phone running 8.0.0.(Oreo).

The DL App was last updated 7/31 and is version 4.14

Try completely shutting down and restarting your phone. Turn OFF Wi-Fi and location services and try the app again. Also, go into the app settings and clear cache/delete files. This should help.

Have you tried turning your wifi off? I had issues with it in the parks in July when wifi was on, but when I turned wifi off, it worked absolutely fine with no glitches.

Im not sure what the issue is..we went last year and the app and Maxpass worked perfect for us

for what its worth I was using an iPhone X

hoping that it has all bugs out, we are going for our first time mon and not sure when we will be back, planning on maxpass hope its not a waste of money

I've had a lot of trouble with the latest app as well. It crashes upon launch more than a North Korean space shuttle.

I'm updating my iPhone's OS now. Maybe that will help.

OK -- I've completed my iPhone update. So far the app hasn't crashed once. Hopefully this does the trick... although it seems reasonable that Disney would have tested it on at least one or two previous versions of the iPhone OS. I used to work for an investment bank and we tested our equity valuation software on several different versions of Windows before it was released.

Sometimes it can be your phone. I have an IPhone 8 Plus on ATT. I did not use WI-Fi and I had only one minor glitch between July 8-11. It worked great! The one issue I had resolved by restarting my phone.

If you have an older phone they get bogged down from the app and don’t work well.

I’m here now too & the only times i’ve Had problems were when I was still accidentally attached to WiFi & when I had Disney Play app installed. Deleted DisneyPlay and maxpass works well (can still be slow to load mind you but I figure that’s everyone in the park using it like crazy!

Hi, all. Thanks so much for your input. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I checked that the software was up to date. I never had the Disneyland app before, since I go to WDW usually. I had the issues with the app both while using WiFi and when using data.

Guest Relations tried to put it on my phone separately, then when that failed too, they gave me a bunch of fast passes to use as I please. They were very kind. As a WDW passholder, I'm used to doing everything on my phone, so it's been frustrating not to have my dining reservations, not see my fast passes, and not be able to make my fast passes too. Tomorrow is my last day and I have some fast passes left over, so I think it will be best to simply use those instead of trying to deal with the app again. Guest relations says they know it's an issue and they hope it'll be resolved soon. I don't think they want it to negatively impact anyone's trip, so if you (nicely) talk to them about what's been going on, maybe they can extend the same kindness to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter