Maximum Capacity for Disneyland?

50thisyeartoo!

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the maximum capacity for Disneyland is? :confused3 Is there a sign posted anywhere? What happens when that last person goes in? Does a bell ring? Can you imagine being in line and told you "can't go in because they are full"? :sad2: I'll bet there will some threads here like that after the birthday celebration. I would cry if it were me... :crazy:

:flower: From what I've been told, Disneyland's capacity is 80,000. I'm not sure what will happen when they reach that amount because I believe it's never reached that, but probably will on July 17th. I'm sure if that happens an announcement will be made over the speakers and there will be a lot of angry people! :mad:

Disney does not release such information. And for the most part that # changes depending on # of attractions, shows, restaurants etc that are open. There are also several stages when there is a capacity crowd forming. First they stop selling tickets, then stop letting new admissions (only letting re-enterys in) then they stop letting anyone in the park. 80k seems to be the number that most people say when this come up and it is probably pretty close.

As for never reaching that, that is not really correct. Disneyland has "closed the gates" to new admissions many times. NYE is almost always a capacity crowd. Christmas time also can see capacity crowds, as well Independence Day.

Everything Christa said is right on. 8K is approximate only.

If the begin to close the gates they will try to redirect people over to DCA by giving them a discount on food. I can't remember what it was.

If you find the gates are closed try again in a few hours (If you don't mind wall to wall people). Lots of guests will leave in the early afternoon because of the crowds and the gate may reopen.

Now, the capacity is set by the fire marshall, right? Couldn't some one just ask him/them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter