• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maxpass Afternoon Only???

nutshell

Oh, Disney!
Im chaperoning my son’s high school band trip to DLR. Some days we won’t hit the parks until afternoon (after they finish performance or workshop or college visit). Is there value to having Maxpass with an afternoon or early evening arrival? We’re going mid-February. Thanks.

A year ago we used our MaxxPass all day, every day!

Are you going to have a day where you are able to be there all day? If so I would probably skip maxpass on the short days and just get it for the full day(s).

If all the days are going to be partial I would probably play it by ear. See what availability looks like when you get to the park, if most of the maxpass FPs have been claimed for the day skip it, if there is still a good variety get it.

Keep an eye on the app for wait times and FP availability/return times each day. Then, if you think there are still FPs with decent return times for rides you want, just purchase MP once you go through the turnstiles each day. If you don't see anything you like on the app, then skip MP that day. One of the great things about MP is that you're not obligated or locked in -- wait until you get through the gates -- then decide based on the circumstances that day. If you get lucky and hit a low crowd day, go for it! And remember that you might want to get MP for yourself, just for the photos if you see photographers around.

Last edited:

IMHO
DCA: afternoon no, evening no
DLR or DCA+DLR: afternoon yes, evening no (unless it’s a 11pm-midnight closing at DL)

Because: DCA runs out of FP earliest. If DL closes at like 9pm there is simply not enough time from 6pm to 9pm to get your $10 out of MP.

I’m debating the same thing for our first day, we will prob actually get IN the parks around 1:30 or 2 pm (I’m hoping for a quick-ish check in to GCH) and I’m not sure if it will still be worth it at that point, but DL is open till midnight (it’s a Sunday) that night, so I kinda think it may be. Consolation is that the regular FP system is always there, so there’s that option too...

Another thing is, idk about your son in particular but lots of kids visiting the parks LOVE to take pictures. My friends and I would have used maxpass for that reason alone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter