• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maxpass and late arrival

ekarlberg

Earning My Ears
I am waffling about whether getting Maxpass for our first day makes sense. We get there (tomorrow) at about 1 and plan on staying in the parks until close. I am having trouble deciding whether Maxpass will give us a decent edge to have a good first day or whether all of the fastpasses will be gone by the time we're up and running and the money would be better spent elsewhere. Has anyone tried Maxpass under circumstances like this? Thanks in advance!

There will be fast passes available at 1. But, some of the big name rides (Space Mountain, Indy, maybe Splash) might be gone, or only available for the end of the day. Probably the best thing you could do, is watch the DisneyLand app today and see what fast passes are available around the times you'll be there tomorrow.

Good luck, we're flying in tomorrow but won't be checking in until the evening. :)

I'd just wait till you get there, see what rides still have FPs available, and, if there are enough available for things you know you want to ride, go ahead and spring for the MaxPass. You don't have to decide till you get there; in fact, you can't. So check out the lay of the land first.

So, as of 1:33PM today, here are some current Fast Pass Return times. I'd expect similar results tomorrow.

Space Mountain - 5:15PM to 6:15PM
Star Tours - 5:10PM to 6:10PM
Matterhorn - 4:05PM to 5:05PM
Indiana Jones - 5:05PM to 6:05PM
Haunted Mansion - 1:50PM to 2:50PM
Splash Mountain - 2:50PM to 3:50PM

Guardians of the Galaxy - 6:40PM to 7:40PM
Radiator Springs Racers - Not available
Soarin' - Temporarily closed
Grizzly River Run - 2:00PM to 3:00PM
California Screamin' - 1:40PM to 2:40PM
Toy Story Midway Mania - 3:55PM to 4:55PM

We're going to be arriving around that time ourselves and we're definitely getting it. Especially since we might end up going back later in the evening after a nap for the fireworks. We could book additional FP from our hotel using MP.

Haunted mansion, Roger Rabbot and Buzz light year were essentially immediate fast passes for us all day today.....meaning at 4:30 we could pull any of those three rides and the return time would be 4:35. We left at 7pm and that was still the case

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter