MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Wouldn't lanyards solve the whole "i don't want to pull my pass/ticket out over and over" brew-ha-ha?
Follow-up question to this one: How are the passes scanned, actually? If your pass is in a lanyard in a clear plastic thingy, can you get it scanned without taking it out? I know this wouldn't work when pulling the FP from the machine, but to scan at the rides, would that work?

We're leaving tomorrow, and I'm debating bringing lanyards or not.

I'd imagine that the FP return times are due to the park being quieter than normal (predicted by Disney) hence a perfect day to roll out a big change.

Wanted to add, that DH has continued to be our FP runner today. Obtaining the FP remains the same. It's just redeeming them that has changed. And to redeem each person does have to scan their own card. It's really simple to do. It turns green when it's accepted and yes, it brings up your picture to the handheld device the CM is holding. I hope that helps.

Not having been before, I'm not sure of the queuing procedure, but how does the FP runner get the cards off the other family members if they need to scan them twice before riding the ride.

Not having been before, I'm not sure of the queuing procedure, but how does the FP runner get the cards off the other family members if they need to scan them twice before riding the ride.
That's precisely the problem about which many people are complaining. You can't, unless they allow scanning off a phone or facsimile of the tickets while on the ride line.

Follow-up question to this one: How are the passes scanned, actually? If your pass is in a lanyard in a clear plastic thingy, can you get it scanned without taking it out? I know this wouldn't work when pulling the FP from the machine, but to scan at the rides, would that work?

Saw lots of people doing that. They just kept the barcode facing out. We've never used them but I'm thinking of picking up some for the whole family for the next trip.

Again, some said that they saw pictures attached. That's what helped bring it up as a concern if it was true. Combined with some reports of people witnessing groups being forced to give each individual their correct ticket/pass, it makes sense why it's coming up as a concern.

And in good old Disney fashion, people are experiencing different things. Some are reporting not being forced to give tickets/passes to their respective owners. Some are. It wouldn't be unsurprising if one day tickets were an exception to a picture rule (if it exists, but currently too many varied reports with only first day of implementation). They already are handled differently for entry (no picture, require hand stamp).
Where have you seen that the tickets need to be matched to the owner of them? There was a previous post where one didn't have a FP attached so they had to reverse how they did Rider Swap but doesn't mean the ticket has to match the rider. There's no time for CMs to be matching people up. I personally think this is a non issue. The do ask everyone have there own ticket to go through. My experience this is for efficiency. It goes much faster than someone scanning for everyone.
To test the photo theory, my husband and I purposely switched our park tickets with each other at the FP return scanners. We did it on 3 different rides, with some rides having 2 scanning sections(once when entering the FP line and once again at FP merge point). No one said anything to us. We finally confirmed by ride number 3 that the CM scanner shows a green check mark. Not a photo.
Thanks for doing that.

I noticed photos in the handhelds at Space Mountain.
Not saying people haven't. Just saying that's hasn't been my experience.

It might work with a clear plastic lanyard. It's very quick and easy to scan. Just hold the ticket or AP card under a circular sensor. You don't have to insert anything.

Where have you seen that the tickets need to be matched to the owner of them?

Related issue. At BTMRR last night two guests had FPs that had been given to them by strangers. Pixie dust. Of course their tickets were rejected by the scanners. They explained how they received the FPs to the CM and he let them through but cautioned that they probably wouldn't be able to get through in the future.

This will cause us to change things up just a bit. I generally hold all four of our AP's and distribute them just prior to getting to the gates and them collect them once we are inside. It looks like I'll have to start doing that when we use FP's as well.

As others have mentioned it will also prevent us from gifting people with FP's that we end up not using. I always enjoyed handing them to someone approaching the standby line and spreading a bit of Disney magic.

To test the photo theory, my husband and I purposely switched our park tickets with each other at the FP return scanners. We did it on 3 different rides, with some rides having 2 scanning sections(once when entering the FP line and once again at FP merge point). No one said anything to us. We finally confirmed by ride number 3 that the CM scanner shows a green check mark. Not a photo.
Did you two approach the FP lines together or at separate times? I'm just wondering if they saw both of you together and figured "oh, they just mixed up their tickets".

Where have you seen that the tickets need to be matched to the owner of them? There was a previous post where one didn't have a FP attached so they had to reverse how they did Rider Swap but doesn't mean the ticket has to match the rider. There's no time for CMs to be matching people up. I personally think this is a non issue. The do ask everyone have there own ticket to go through. My experience this is for efficiency. It goes much faster than someone scanning for everyone.

I've seen it mentioned more than once in this thread. If you read through all of the replies since the system went live, you'll find all the evidence of what some of us are voicing concern over. It's not just some random mention elsewhere on the internet. It was here in this discussion.

I haven't once denied that others have had a experience more similar to yours either. I've simply said (in different words) there have been conflicting experiences that will make a difference in how we navigate the new system.

As already mentioned: there is true Disney inconsistency happening. I don't know why I'm shocked. There was a lot of confusion over the Premium vouchers way back when people were using those after that level of pass went away and people got different results for a few days.

Related issue. At BTMRR last night two guests had FPs that had been given to them by strangers. Pixie dust. Of course their tickets were rejected by the scanners. They explained how they received the FPs to the CM and he let them through but cautioned that they probably wouldn't be able to get through in the future.
It's really not though. Those weren't FPs they were given but reminders. It sucks we can't do that anymore but it's still not definitive proof that I can't use my kids AP/FP at the scanner. I'm not trying to be contrary I just think people are looking for issues where there most likely are none.

Quick update: Today, at least at Big Thunder they are allowing parents to scan their children's passes along with theirs. Still haven't been able to definitively see what pops up on the handheld. I'll see if I can ask a CM before we leave today.

I've seen it mentioned more than once in this thread. If you read through all of the replies since the system went live, you'll find all the evidence of what some of us are voicing concern over. It's not just some random mention elsewhere on the internet. It was here in this discussion.

I haven't once denied that others have had a experience more similar to yours either. I've simply said (in different words) there have been conflicting experiences that will make a difference in how we navigate the new system.

As already mentioned: there is true Disney inconsistency happening. I don't know why I'm shocked. There was a lot of confusion over the Premium vouchers way back when people were using those after that level of pass went away and people got different results for a few days.
I've been following the thread since it started. I guess I'm just reading it differently. Like I said I'm not arguing, I just feel it's not a big issue. Getting ready to use FP. Will purposely trade with DD to see what happens.

It's really not though. Those weren't FPs they were given but reminders. It sucks we can't do that anymore but it's still not definitive proof that I can't use my kids AP/FP at the scanner. I'm not trying to be contrary I just think people are looking for issues where there most likely are none.

No one is looking for an issue. They're basing their concern off reports that there was strict enforcement of tickets/passes from their experience.

I've been following the thread since it started. I guess I'm just reading it differently. Like I said I'm not arguing, I just feel it's not a big issue. Getting ready to use FP. Will purposely trade with DD to see what happens.

As have I. But I think you've missed a few posts. It happens. I occasionally get redirected to a new page and totally miss a handful of posts. I usually try to back up a page or so wherever I get redirected to make sure I didn't miss something.

Please try it on a few different FP rides, thank you! I hope others continue to test this as well. I liked figment's suggestion to try approaching separately and see if it was just a case of the CM thinking the tickets got mixed up.

New Question...

- Can you arrive early or late to use your entry ticket FP. I believe at WDW you can arrive early or a bit late to use your Magic Bands.

Thank you for taking the time to test the system and talk to CMs while you are on your vacation. It's really thoughtful and quite helpful to those of us planning trips!
Not a problem. I appreciate it when others do it.

Swapped passes, no issues. Green Mickey/Checkmarks on the handheld.

New Question...

- Can you arrive early or late to use your entry ticket FP. I believe at WDW you can arrive early or a bit late to use your Magic Bands.

I don't think so! Yesterday I saw three instances where people were denied entry. Two were early and one was late. They all argued with the CM while we waited right behind them but they were sent away. One was Star Tours, one was Indy and one was Space.

I don't think so! Yesterday I saw three instances where people were denied entry. Two were early and one was late. They all argued with the CM while we waited right behind them but they were sent away. One was Star Tours, one was Indy and one was Space.

Good to know but I wonder how late. Pretty much need know from first-hand experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter