May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!

Maybe last post before we leave.

Stay safe everyone in Cal!

Boss heard I was going to Cal for this conference, and started laughing. Seems like EVERY time I go to one of these, a natural disaster follows me. One time in Orlando they had tornadoes all around WDW. Another time I was away I was IN a hurricane.

So if you want someone to blame for the fires, I guess it is my fault.

All kidding aside, we hope this ends soon, and I cannot imagine having that kind of fear and concern and being at the whim of which way the wind blows.

You are all in our prayers!

Are we sure we want you on this cruise? :rotfl2:

Morning Thieves!

I checked on clynne and family and the were evacuated on Monday, but they know their house is OK and may be going home today.

Haven't had a response to my e-mails to Aunty Brat, so snail mail going out today.

Time to check on NotSoLittleMermaid, Cheri, too.

Lots of hugs, pixie dust (I typed pizza dust first!), congrats and bon voyages for all. I keep stealing time to read, but not a lot of time for posting lately.

Thanks for the update Jackie.

Must have been frightening for clynne(is it Carolyn), but at least they get to go back to their home.

I do hope Laura is doing ok. If you haven't written the letter yet, please let her know we were asking about her and looking forward to her being back on here and cruise planning!!:grouphug:

Been missing Cheri too. We need our champagne Girls mascot.:banana:

Hi everyone...what a day! Well, we got a recorded message from the superintendent from our school district that school tomorrow is cancelled due to the poor air quality, proximity of fires and the uncertaintly of the direction of the fires...they want families to be together if something comes up. So, I'm good with that, I'd rather have my kidlets right with us. DH is on "vacation" the next two days. Let's continue to hope all this settles down quickly.

Thanks for everyone's concern and well wishes...send pixie dust...we need some Disney love in CA!

I am glad that you are all together. Let us hope that the fires die down and more control of them is established today.

Safe travels to all heading to Florida - and remember we want lots of pictures!

Well we are headed off to work - sky is totally red again this morning - hopefully air quality starts to improve!!

This is one of the kindest things I've ever experienced.
I have no way to know who sent it, but there is a kind soul
working in the dead letter office of the US postal service.

Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God,
Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday
and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy
that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.
I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and
to swim. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her
you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.
Love, Meredith.

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope

Because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, "To Meredith" in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, "When a Pet Dies." Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,
Abbey arrived safely in heaven.
Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.
Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays
in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our
bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in,
so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and
have something to remember Abbey by.

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for
helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother
you have. I picked her especially for you.
I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.
By the way, I am wherever there is love.
Love, God

DogHeavenPicture.jpg

Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God,
Love, Meredith.

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope

Because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, "To Meredith" in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, "When a Pet Dies." Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,

Love, God

DogHeavenPicture.jpg

I teared up reading this....that was so nice of that postal worker!

]

What a touching story. I got teary reading that one:sad2:

Holly:

I am so glad that you stuck to your beliefs and got Tyler in for these testings. It must be a stressful time right now testing and waiting, but a relief since you know answers are coming soon. It sounds like he has lots of supporters around him to help him (and you) through this time.:hug:

To those of you in Southern California - I know I haven't posted anything since the fires started, but please don't doubt that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much for getting on here and keeping us updated as to how you guys are doing.

I went to dinner at Boma's last night....with Ian and Sukie (they will be on the cruise and will probably jump on the thread band wagon as it gets closer to out departure date) and got to meet PJ/Penny. We were thinking about all of you (esp. those of you in So. Ca). I updated Penny as to the posts for the last few days.....about the Lisas and how close the fires were, and Tyler's dr's appt. She is going to meet Kathe, V, John & not sure who else at Epcot tomorrow.

Ian took pics on his camera, and I took one w/ my camera phone - but I have no clue how to get the picture now out of there! Ian will be heading home tomorrow and is supposed to be sending the pics to me as soon as he can.....I will then post.

Lisa...glad to hear that you are all going to be together today. It doesn't make it less nerve wracking, but at least you are all together! Keep us posted. You are in our thoughts!:hug:

Everyone is California is in our thoughts during this stressful time. Keep safe!:hug:

For those traveling to WDW today or soon, have a blast and say hi to Mickey for me!

Holly - so glad things seem to be rolling w/ Tyler.....the mystery will be solved soon I'm sure. I'm glad that his dad was open and approachable at your appt on Tues. Keep your focus on Tyler and God will provide!

Deb (eventho I don't know if you'll read this)...so glad things worked out for your brother. Glad you'll get to spend some time w/ him in FL too.

Dear God,
Love, Meredith.

Dear Meredith,

Love, God

DogHeavenPicture.jpg

Someone did their good deed for the year! Wouldn't it be nice if everyone cared so much?

Sorry for this sad post, here is the place we come to share, good, bad and ugly. This I'm afraid is the later.

I just got a call from my cousin, Laura, in Redding, her preemie baby granddaughter passed last night. Shalya was a twin. Her sister Sierra is holding strong. She had an infection last week and it looked like they had it under control, but suddenly and ferociously it came back in the night and she passed. She was 2 months old yesterday. The twins were born on my mom's 80th birthday.

Mom(Toni) and Dad(Brian) are strong stock, but nonetheless I'm sure are devastated with this. They also have a son 3 years old at home.

Please keep my extended family in your prayers.

Nan

Lisa:

The dog story was so touching. I'm so galden (is that a word) by the person who sent that book to little Meredith. So touching.

Sorry for this sad post, here is the place we come to share, good, bad and ugly. This I'm afraid is the later.

I just got a call from my cousin, Laura, in Redding, her preemie baby granddaughter passed last night. Shalya was a twin. Her sister Sierra is holding strong. She had an infection last week and it looked like they had it under control, but suddenly and ferociously it came back in the night and she passed. She was 2 months old yesterday. The twins were born on my mom's 80th birthday.

Mom(Toni) and Dad(Brian) are strong stock, but nonetheless I'm sure are devastated with this. They also have a son 3 years old at home.

Please keep my extended family in your prayers.

Nan

Nan - so sorry to hear about Shalya's passing. Thank you for sharing the news with us....you know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Here's praying for little Sierra too...may she continue to strengthen and grow. :grouphug:

Holly:

I am so glad that you stuck to your beliefs and got Tyler in for these testings. It must be a stressful time right now testing and waiting, but a relief since you know answers are coming soon. It sounds like he has lots of supporters around him to help him (and you) through this time.:hug:
Thanks Kaylee! I do feel better knowing we're on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter