MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the offer of help because I SERIOUSLY NEED IT!!!! We are staying at CSR, but I am kind of freaking out because I heard a rumor that the Pepper Market and Maya Grill may not be on the dining plan. Since we paid for the dining plan it seems silly to stay at a resort that isn't on the plan.

I need a Phd to plan the meals. I'm a little frustrated that they aren't taking ADRs for May 2009 until early December. I actually was DREAMING about not getting ADRs last night! LOL!!!!

I'm also trying to plan which days we will be in which parks, but the hours for May 2009 aren't up yet either!! I'm thinking that we will want to spend the most time in MK.

So far, here are the restaurants that we want to see if I can figure out how to plan the times and the parks:

50's Prime Time Cafe
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's- I actually have a ressie for this one on the day that we arrive.
The Norway Princess meal in Epcot- I forget the name.
Ohana- I think we will go here for dinner on the day that we visit Animal Kindom
Hollywood and Vine- Maybe... again the logistics of this are killing me.
Boma- For breakfast possibly...

See, now is when my BRAIN EXPLODES! LOL.

We are from just south of Cranberry!

Hi Emily! :goodvibes We live north of Cranberry! DH works down there.

I just heard all this yesterday about the restaurants at CSR and all the other non-Disney restaurants possibly not participating in the DDP. It seems that they are losing a lot of money by participating. And you sure don't want to pay OOP for Pepper Market! :eek: It's very expensive. We stayed at CSR in May.

The park hours usually stay pretty similar to what they were the year before in the same month. One of us MAYers could probably dig up the hours from this year. . . That's what I did this year when planning, I went off of May 2007's hours.

You may want to start to look at the other moderate resorts just incase CSR really does not participate in the DDP. You are right, you sure don't want to stay somewhere that you can't eat at!

I wouldn't worry about getting the ADR's you want. I have always been able to get every time I wanted in May. :goodvibes

Hi Emily! :goodvibes We live north of Cranberry! DH works down there.

I just heard all this yesterday about the restaurants at CSR and all the other non-Disney restaurants possibly not participating in the DDP. It seems that they are losing a lot of money by participating. And you sure don't want to pay OOP for Pepper Market! :eek: It's very expensive. We stayed at CSR in May.

The park hours usually stay pretty similar to what they were the year before in the same month. One of us MAYers could probably dig up the hours from this year. . . That's what I did this year when planning, I went off of May 2007's hours.

You may want to start to look at the other moderate resorts just incase CSR really does not participate in the DDP. You are right, you sure don't want to stay somewhere that you can't eat at!

I wouldn't worry about getting the ADR's you want. I have always been able to get every time I wanted in May. :goodvibes

Great ideas! Thanks... which other moderate would you recommend? CBR or POFQ?

CBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me and shelly LOVE that resort..... But Jo loves PQFQ was going to stay at CBR in May 09 but it's only my DD and myself so i felt that for her POP would be better...

Morning all.....

Don't worry the people that are going in May are also waiting for the May hours to come out... It is very frustrating...

CBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me and shelly LOVE that resort..... But Jo loves PQFQI was going to stay there in May 09 but it's only my DD and myself so i felt that for her POP would be better...

I think we would like CBR, there is so many negative reviews on it! How are the buses, etc? The new pool is open right?

The new pool is open. Our Shelly will be there in January so she would be able to tell us more on the new pool. But the buses were great. The most i ever waited for a bus was about 20 min and that was going to DTD during the day. They came about every 10 min with no problem. The food was great. We ate in Shutter's a couple of times when we were there and we all loved it.

I think we would like CBR, there is so many negative reviews on it! How are the buses, etc? The new pool is open right?

You'll find positive and negative reviews of every resort on the DIS. You can't really go by those. Although recently there have been so many positive reviews of CBR! Apparently the new room rehabs and the new pool are a big hit! :goodvibes See Safetymom's CBR FAQ thread on the resorts board for all of CBR's info.

I picked CSR for our last trip because of some good reviews I read about it and we had a rather unpleasant experience there. So I guess you can never really tell until you get there!

CBR is great! Beautiful grounds, white sand beaches, hammocks by the lake, Caribbean music playing quietly everywhere, a relaxing tropical feel, a beautiful bridge and island, great and huge food court, friendly CM's, double sinks in the bathroom with LOTS of storage space underneath, and the LARGEST rooms of all the moderates! And now they have opened the brand new huge zero entry pool with 2 slides and they have a new children's pirate pool that looks like a mini-waterpark with several slides and a tipping bucket! I can't wait!! :yay: Oh, and bus service was great when we were there and they don't share buses with any other resort!

If you are looking for a small resort, then POFQ would be for you. We thought it was okay, but we really prefer the larger more spread out resorts.

:goodvibes Mornin ladies- er, and you too Sea---;)

Emily- so glad you came back!:goodvibes

You know- I really DID enjoy CBR. I'd definitely go back. Definitely. I prefer POFQ- but ONLY b/c of the smallness of the resort- NO other reason. The location o the resort, I think is perfect.

CBR is beautiful! Ask for the Aruba section and you will love the resort. At first they had us in the barbadoes section- which would have been a refurb'ed room- but I had requested Aruba b/c of the close walking proximity of the food court- Gotta have that coffee!:laughing: It isn't preferred, so you could always request preferred and get closer. But for me- Aruba was perfect- we were in bldg 44- courtyard view
the bus stop was right outside of our building- probably a 3 minute walk? We don't take the busses so I can't comment on the waiting time.

I do have some pics of the resort I took last month, so I will try to post them for you-

I had a Trip report going but ran into a strange post- so I deleted all my pics. I will work on getting them back up for you so you can see them.

Right now, though- I have to go shopping- more Christmas stuff to buy!

Have a great day MAYers!:snooty:

PS- Mari the pic of your DD is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a cutey!:cloud9:

Jo

Shelly-
they're talking about kids wearing an eye patch---http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013215

thought you'd like to take a look.

Jo

Shelly-
they're talking about kids wearing an eye patch---http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013215

thought you'd like to take a look.

Jo

JO - Can you post that link again? It didn't come through. Or I can try to go look for it. . . What board is it on?

Thanks.

:rotfl2:

How many times are you going to change your mind??? :goodvibes

I'm going to drive myself :crazy2: before I go in May.... I think i'll stick to POP but i so want to go back to CBR.... we'll see what happens....

:goodvibes Mornin ladies- er, and you too Sea---;)

Emily- so glad you came back!:goodvibes

You know- I really DID enjoy CBR. I'd definitely go back. Definitely. I prefer POFQ- but ONLY b/c of the smallness of the resort- NO other reason. The location o the resort, I think is perfect.

CBR is beautiful! Ask for the Aruba section and you will love the resort. At first they had us in the barbadoes section- which would have been a refurb'ed room- but I had requested Aruba b/c of the close walking proximity of the food court- Gotta have that coffee!:laughing: It isn't preferred, so you could always request preferred and get closer. But for me- Aruba was perfect- we were in bldg 44- courtyard view
the bus stop was right outside of our building- probably a 3 minute walk? We don't take the busses so I can't comment on the waiting time.

I do have some pics of the resort I took last month, so I will try to post them for you-

I had a Trip report going but ran into a strange post- so I deleted all my pics. I will work on getting them back up for you so you can see them.

Right now, though- I have to go shopping- more Christmas stuff to buy!

Have a great day MAYers!:snooty:

PS- Mari the pic of your DD is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a cutey!:cloud9:

Jo

Thank you.... I'm almost done with my xmas shopping.... well this year we are only giving gifts to the kids since everybody in my family has to spend money when we go to WDW in Jan.... which is good.... we all save just get things for the kids.....

I'm off to TDS again today. I just got invited to a bday party next week.... i hate this season i feel as if i'm at a party every weekend.

WOW you should have been here in the begining we went through 10 pages in about 2 hours.... that's when we were all on but little by little they have drifted off....

A quick hello to everyone!

Been taking care of my MIL the last 48 hours. She hasn't been feeling too well. She is now in the hospital and they are running a lot of tests on her.

Got to go now. Check back later on.

Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter