MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up the car this morning and paid Ford. It was actually a very nice experience. The car was supposed to be ready yesterday around 11:30. So, I had waited there all morning. Unfortunately, it wasn't ready, so they put me in a rental. It was a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. It was very nice. I got to keep it until this morning. When I picked up my car they washed the outside. Very nice. The dealership is brand new and has an LG flatscreen you watch while you wait. They are extremely polite, yes maam, no maam, thank you for your business maam. If I had to give em nearly $500, they certainly made it pleasant.

:lmao:

:sad1:

It seems that a lot of dealerships are trying to give people a "concierge" type of service because of all the money they separate from you! :lmao: There is a car place in our area that has a coffee bar and a mini golf course to keep you entertain while they are changing your oil. Too much!

I picked up the car this morning and paid Ford. It was actually a very nice experience. The car was supposed to be ready yesterday around 11:30. So, I had waited there all morning. Unfortunately, it wasn't ready, so they put me in a rental. It was a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. It was very nice. I got to keep it until this morning. When I picked up my car they washed the outside. Very nice. The dealership is brand new and has an LG flatscreen you watch while you wait. They are extremely polite, yes maam, no maam, thank you for your business maam. If I had to give em nearly $500, they certainly made it pleasant.

:lmao:

:sad1:

It seems that a lot of dealerships are trying to give people a "concierge" type of service because of all the money they separate from you! :lmao: There is a car place in our area that has a coffee bar and a mini golf course to keep you entertain while they are changing your oil. Too much!

I would certainly say it was "conciege" level. (And I am sort of picky about that term.)

I was greeted the moment I pulled my car in. Offered to help me carry my drink mug and Sunday School lesson I had brought to study. EXTREMELY CLEAN and smelled great in the whole dealership.

They did have coffee, not Starbucks, but a very clean and well decorated coffee area. The girl kept making fresh pots while I was there. My dh was kidding me last night that I might just like to go there to hang out!

:laughing:

I think I might get my car detailed there. I have never had that done since I owned this car. It is 5 years old. So I am sure it is time!

::yes::

woooohooo I got dancin' bananas!!! I feel special now :laughing:

Sea--I was a little shocked at how cheap they were when I saw a 2GB the other day. When I got my last one, they were reallllyyy expensive but then again that was years ago. I love it when prices go down.

woooohooo I got dancin' bananas!!! I feel special now :laughing:

Sea--I was a little shocked at how cheap they were when I saw a 2GB the other day. When I got my last one, they were reallllyyy expensive but then again that was years ago. I love it when prices go down.

Rather than taking pics off my memory card this year, I just went and bought a new one.

I love that too! :love:

My family was chosen to ride the train with characters and throw out pixie dust to open Magic Kingdom this morning. I was hoping that a nice dIS member might happen to have taken photos/videos that they would like to share because none of the photos they took with my camera turned out.

It was so magical, even my husband got a big smile on his face. We had a group photo with Mickey and all the characters that rode the train (and I hope someone might be able to salavage it when I get home and can post it because they shot it with the sun glaring right on us, and to make matters worse it was shot using 1600ISO from fireworks last night so it is major highlight blowout (it would have been great if a photopass person would have been there to capture that once in a lifetime memory on camera, but we will not forget it). My son also got invited to ride the teacups with alice and the mad hatter (they rode the train this morning for opening ceremony and told us to be at the teacups at 9:30am to ride with them).

It never hurts to ask if there is a chance for you to be family of the day. We got there around 7:30am for our 8:05 breakfast reservation at crystal palace and my son saw a cast member with a green pin lanyard and wanted to trade with him. While he was trading I just asked how the family of the day was chosen and if there would be a chance for us to be that family and he asked what time my reservations for breakfast were for and I said that we didn't mind missing breakfast in order to open the park. He told me to bring my family over to a bench and that is how we got picked. It was great watching my son's face light up when all the charcters came to see him.

Anyway, we are still at the CR, and I just couldn't wait to inquire about photos and videos of this mornings opening ceremony at the magic kingdom.

Wishing you all lots of pixie dust.

My family was chosen to ride the train with characters and throw out pixie dust to open Magic Kingdom this morning. I was hoping that a nice dIS member might happen to have taken photos/videos that they would like to share because none of the photos they took with my camera turned out.

It was so magical, even my husband got a big smile on his face. We had a group photo with Mickey and all the characters that rode the train (and I hope someone might be able to salavage it when I get home and can post it because they shot it with the sun glaring right on us, and to make matters worse it was shot using 1600ISO from fireworks last night so it is major highlight blowout (it would have been great if a photopass person would have been there to capture that once in a lifetime memory on camera, but we will not forget it). My son also got invited to ride the teacups with alice and the mad hatter (they rode the train this morning for opening ceremony and told us to be at the teacups at 9:30am to ride with them).

It never hurts to ask if there is a chance for you to be family of the day. We got there around 7:30am for our 8:05 breakfast reservation at crystal palace and my son saw a cast member with a green pin lanyard and wanted to trade with him. While he was trading I just asked how the family of the day was chosen and if there would be a chance for us to be that family and he asked what time my reservations for breakfast were for and I said that we didn't mind missing breakfast in order to open the park. He told me to bring my family over to a bench and that is how we got picked. It was great watching my son's face light up when all the charcters came to see him.

Anyway, we are still at the CR, and I just couldn't wait to inquire about photos and videos of this mornings opening ceremony at the magic kingdom.

Wishing you all lots of pixie dust.

Wow! How wonderful for you and your family!

Maybe one of the MAYers who is currenlty there saw you guys and got you on film!!!

Were going to Disneyland on Sunday - I hear that they are going to put an Indiana Jones layover theme onto Adventureland promoting the new IJ4 movie coming out next week. I will be taking lots of pictures and maybe a few movie clips too.

Hi all. Well yestrday we went to BB and I saw Kristina (huggie) again. Very nice our daughter played together for a while. It was nice, after being in the sun for so long we went back to CSR for a cat nap. We got ready then off to Chef Mickey where I ran into Shelly. Again very nice family. She is in the building right next door to ours. So close yet we haven't run into each other at the resort. This morning we went to AK nice park not much to do ther so we are now on our way to DTD. Doing some shopping then back to resort to pack :( we leave tommorow.

KB- I loved LeCellier I had the steak. Very yummy.

Sea- I love the pool at CSR I just don't like that its so far away from the main building. I guess I liked the layout of CBR too much. But the resort is beautiful. PM could be better but ok. Well guys I'm almost at DTD so will get on later or tommorow.

Hi Mari! Thank you for the live report from WDW!! Glad to hear that you are having a great time and bumping into our Mayer families again. Hope that you have a good time at DTD. Have a great evening! - Seacrest

NC - my lunch report: I was in the North Hollywood area (San Fernando Valley) seeing a client today. Universal Studios City Walk was close by, so I decided to go and find some lunch up there. What is nice is that they will valet park your car for up to 2 hours free. Ended up at Tony Roma's and had a bbq chicken sandwich, baked potato, salad, hot bread with garlic butter and iced tea. Yum! After lunch, I walked around City Walk, it was weird, nobody was there except a few Japanese tourists. Tried to find something for my wife for her birthday tomorrow, but nothing really stood out and said "buy me!". Left City Walk about 1:30 and headed back to Santa Monica - it was about 95 in valley, as soon as I came over the hill into the Westside area, the temp dropped to 85!

hey guys ii'm here live from disquest.... i remembereed that you could use their comps for a little while....well we are sad to be going back home tommorow... but it will be ok... we have an adr tonight at CP but not sure it we will keep it. tommorow before we leaave we are heaading to MK to say bye to the mouse.... well guys will try to check in later...

NC - sorry to hear about your car.....

Sea - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DW i know u will find the best present......

Were going to Disneyland on Sunday - I hear that they are going to put an Indiana Jones layover theme onto Adventureland promoting the new IJ4 movie coming out next week. I will be taking lots of pictures and maybe a few movie clips too.

That sounds cool.

Here is a little Indy info for you guys. If you buy 4 2 liter Dr. Peppers, you can get a free Indiana Jones movie ticket. We don't drink DP so we decided to pass but for all you Dr. Pepper lovers out there, that would be a sweet deal!

Hi all. Well yestrday we went to BB and I saw Kristina (huggie) again. Very nice our daughter played together for a while. It was nice, after being in the sun for so long we went back to CSR for a cat nap. We got ready then off to Chef Mickey where I ran into Shelly. Again very nice family. She is in the building right next door to ours. So close yet we haven't run into each other at the resort. This morning we went to AK nice park not much to do ther so we are now on our way to DTD. Doing some shopping then back to resort to pack :( we leave tommorow.

KB- I loved LeCellier I had the steak. Very yummy.

Sea- I love the pool at CSR I just don't like that its so far away from the main building. I guess I liked the layout of CBR too much. But the resort is beautiful. PM could be better but ok. Well guys I'm almost at DTD so will get on later or tommorow.

Oh, I am so glad that you like Le Cellier!

Sounds like a great day!

Have fun at DTD!

I can't believe you leave tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter