MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY jo....... Loving your TR.....where r the pics....

um, yeah about the pics. Remember last year when I took two pictures? I did better this trip. I took 7. Only it seems I can't upload any pics at all to my computer. I am having a rotten day.

Jo

I made it all the way through Florida and back home only to have a major accident this morning.

You all are not going to believe what happened to me. I spent my whole morning in the ER.

I walked out this morning to tell Drew bye and watch while he got on the bus. as the bus pulled off, I turned to walk up the steps, with my hands in my pockets- it's cold here and I had on my winter coat, thank goodness. I somehow tripped going up the cement steps and started falling face first towards the steps. I couldn't get my hands out of my pockets to catch myself, so I ended up on my chin.

I had a ginormous gash on my chin and when I fell, my jaw got jammed ( I have TMJ to begin with) and I thought it was going to lock down on me. Blood was everywhere, I was screaming, Belle was running, my Mom was running behind me yelling "what happened??" and I bled all over my white jacket and white carpet.

Long story short- I am allergic to many meds- including the 'caines'- Lidocaine, Novocaine so they couldn't give me anything to numb it. So they gave me 5 shots in my chin of saline and benadryl-
and I got 1 stich inside and 6 on the outside. And my Dr looked lik a heavy Mr Miyagi and scared me half to death.

And Mark is out of town. He is beside himself, ready to fly back home. I told him not to, that my Mom is here. He is not happy.

Good heavens. I am a complete mess.

j~

I made it all the way through Florida and back home only to have a major accident this morning.

You all are not going to believe what happened to me. I spent my whole morning in the ER.

I walked out this morning to tell Drew bye and watch while he got on the bus. as the bus pulled off, I turned to walk up the steps, with my hands in my pockets- it's cold here and I had on my winter coat, thank goodness. I somehow tripped going up the cement steps and started falling face first towards the steps. I couldn't get my hands out of my pockets to catch myself, so I ended up on my chin.

I had a ginormous gash on my chin and when I fell, my jaw got jammed ( I have TMJ to begin with) and I thought it was going to lock down on me. Blood was everywhere, I was screaming, Belle was running, my Mom was running behind me yelling "what happened??" and I bled all over my white jacket and white carpet.

Long story short- I am allergic to many meds- including the 'caines'- Lidocaine, Novocaine so they couldn't give me anything to numb it. So they gave me 5 shots in my chin of saline and benadryl-
and I got 1 stich inside and 6 on the outside. And my Dr looked lik a heavy Mr Miyagi and scared me half to death.

And Mark is out of town. He is beside himself, ready to fly back home. I told him not to, that my Mom is here. He is not happy.

Good heavens. I am a complete mess.

j~

Oh Jo! I am so sorry. That just sounds terrible.

Poor Mark! I know he must feel helpless not being there. Thank heavens your mom is there!

Thanks, NC. I am scared to think how I"ll feel tomorrow. If my jaw doesn't get any better within a month's time, I'll be hopping a plane to Arkansas to Fort Smith to see my Dr there that was a God send to me.:)

Mark just called. He is all checked into his room at the hyatt.

http://huntingtonbeach.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

It looks beautiful. He says the weather and blue sky are gorgeous, Sea!!! Now I am really really jealous.

I should've gone to Cali.

:guilty:

Jo

Wednesday 5/14 – On tap: Magic Kingdom

So we wake up at 6:30 and we are red eyed like we just flew with our heads out the window of the power lock car ala Beau Gator the Bulldog looking for his Burger King cheeseburgers. I say I’m taking a shower, Mighty good Man says he’s going to go run TGIFriday’s from the night before off.

I get into the shower and I’m just starting to feel a bit more awake when I look and see… mold…
All over the walls- in the grout of the shower. Nice, I say, and make a note not to touch anything.

I get ready, Mighty Good Man comes in sweating up a storm, gets into the cold shower and I’m waiting for it… waiting… waiting… “ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!” There it is. “BABY! There’s mold in here!!!! We’re moving to the Poly!!”

I calmly reply what do you expect for $84 a night and he gets out and gets ready all the while trying not to touch anything that hasn’t been doused in Clorox spray that we brought.

We hop into the power lock car and he says for the second of a hundred times that he is so happy that I stood my ground when the lady told us to upgrade the car. We zoom out of the parking lot and get to the MK in record time. It’s 8:35. Hop the tram and go to the tix window to double check the days on our hopper from last year. 4 park days left and 6 water parks and more options left. Yippee! Onto the Pink monorail (in honor of Belle, since she wasn’t with us) and zipped through the Contemporary, wistfully wishing we were staying there. Get to the MK and see that they are just starting the opening ceremony for park opening. Got to bag check just as they open the park and see the DISer that posted here helping to open the park. Aww- I didn’t know it was a DISer, but I remember commenting to Mighty Good Man that they looked like a nice family. Awwwww.

Scoot under the train station and wham. People. Lots of them. I was scared. Walked briskly to Tommorrowland where the rope was still up. Had a moment of remembering NewCrew and last year when we met up at the same spot. Countdown began and we were off towards Space Mtn. Mighty Good Man got FP’s and I stood in line behind about 100 people. Already. How the heck did that happen? We walked all through the ride, never stopping until the split- only the right side was open. Good. I like that side better anyway. Waited for 10 minutes to board. I got in front, Mighty Good Man is behind me and we are out in Space! Very good ride.

We walk to Buzz and ride- the sign says 10 minute wait, we had about a three minute walk through the line. I was on the left, Mighty Good Man was trying to steer and proceeded to whip me by scoring 129,000 to my measly 8,900 points. I promise to beat him later and we walk to try to find coffee. Any coffee. I didn’t care what it looked or tasted like. I needed it. The place we always get it is the Enchanted grove- right at the teacups. It was 9:30 and they didn’t open until 10 am. What the heck? So we walked to Pooh and rode the fat bear’s ride, all the while commenting on how the parks were beginning to look empty. Must have been the mad morning rush. Realized it was going to be a light crowd day and then walked to Peter Pan. Mighty Good Man grinned ear to ear, reliving his boyhood- it’s his favorite childhood ride- and it was a walk on.

Ten o’clock, time for coffee! Walked to that spot tucked away on the side of the castle near Liberty square. Got a latte, Mighty good Man got a regular coffee. Went and sat for about 45 minutes in the rocking chairs by the Hall of Presidents. At that moment, we were both very happy and relaxed. Pulled out power bars and we had breakfast. Rocked and rocked till we felt like we should be doing something more. Walked over to Splash and got FP’s for later in the day. Walked onto BTMRR- and called Mary C who was still at home with the fever. She listened as we rode- she rode it with us! Haha. It made her smile so we felt a bit better. Walked onto POTC- went to the right side- everyone else went left- herd mentality, you know. There was a 20 minute wait posted here. Not for us. Got front row. Woo hoo! Looked at Captain Jack and realized that robot looks all together too real. Wanted to join my great great great great great uncle something another and sang “Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate’s life for me.” Made a mental note to find out said Great great Uncle something another’s pirate name.

Walked to HM to see the new stuff and we liked it a whole bunch! The stair room is really neat. The new Bride room is freaky. The cars are good now with the new speakers. Very enjoyable ride.

Walked out at 11:45. Time for lunch- right on schedule at Columbia Harbor House. Our favorite CS at the MK. Unfortunately, the menu has changed and they no longer serve the Galley salad. So I got the new Harvest salad and Mighty Good Man got the tuna sandwich with chips. The salad was good. It had chicken, squash, broccoli, sunflowers lettuce and some other things I can’t remember. Picked up a packet of the bleu cheese dressing and one of the olive oil balsamic vinagrette light dressings. Sat down upstairs, by a window in a corner where it was quiet and peaceful. (One of the reasons we love this place). Noticed that the entire packet of bleu cheese dressing was 24 grams of fat. Back to reality. Olive oil dressing it is.

Finished up and decided we were finished with the MK- already?! So we hopped the monorail over to Epcot. What a nice ride. Got into Epcot and looked into the art store there. Found a numbered painting of the Black Pearl that we salivated over and considered buying. Saw the price and Walked out with nothing, haha.

Saw that Soarin had a 60 minute stand by wait at this point. Went to Test track and got FP’s. Walked to my favorite restroom in all of Epcot, LOL, and saw that the building that it is attached to had a lot of people coming and going, part of it was roped off. Didn’t think much about it and walked inside. Mighty Good Man waited outside for me.
When I was washing my hands, I noticed this blonde girl and a black girl rushing into the bathroom. Still didn’t think anything about it. We didn’t realize until the next day what was going on with them, and who they were.

Walked the WS and had a Kaki Gori in Japan when it got a bit warm. Very good, just like always. I got strawberry, Mighty good Man had strawberry and cherry.
We went to the dupont outdoor living patio next to Morocco and sat for about an hour. We did the same thing last year and thoroughly enjoyed the rest. Mark was able to do a bit of work on his Treo while I rested.

Rode the ride in Mexico- love it. Found some things to buy the kids, but decided to wait until the last day to get them (Big mistake in hindsight). Went back and rode Test Track. 10 minute wait in FP line. Fun ride, as always.

Back to the front to ride Space Ship earth. What a disappointment. As most of you know, it’s my favorite ride in Epcot. I’ve always loved going in there when it’s hot and you need a cool dark place to rest and regroup. I love the whole Rome burning smell, the monotone monologue and always try to ride it at least twice in a trip. Not this time. Dame Judy Dench just really doesn’t work for me in this voice over. I don’t “get” her sound- it doesn’t jive with the sights you are seeing. The beginning of the ride is somewhat cheesy with them taking your picture, and then you see some things are the same- the cavemen, etc. Most of the ride is the same, until the ending. It is very disappointing in that you feel like you are waiting for a big dramatic ending and all you get is fluff. I don’t care for the cartoon of you living in the future with your big heads on the screen. My picture was awful, for heaven’s sake. At least give us a warning, please, so that you can look proper. Ha ha.

It was 4:45 and time to head back to the MK for LTT dinner. Uh oh. Monorail to the MK was down, out of order. We had to ride the bus back to the MK. At this point, I was thankful for the power lock, power window car and made a note to never second guess the rental car idea.

Finally made it back to the MK and checked into the LTT. Had a 15 minute wait and watched a few children have complete meltdowns before supper. That was entertaining. Then we experienced an ugly acting woman who was very full of herself, cutting everyone in line trying to check in. I guess she thought she was too good for lines. Mark said that if you were with her, you’d always have a character meal, to which I laughed out loud.

Supper with the characters was good. We didn’t have kids or a camera, so the characters just sort of walked off after greeting us, but I did hug Dale who was a very, very good hugger. Kind of squishy and huggy. Our waiter from Haiti was very nice and Mark left him an extra large tip. The food was the same as always. Kind of a Thanksgiving feast . Loved the mashed potatoes.

After dinner we rode the TTA and walked to the front of the castle to get ready for Wishes. We found a bench in the forecourt that had a sweet lady and two gentlemen sitting on it. I asked if I could possibly sit with them and the older lady was so kind! She scooted way down and talked to me while Mighty Good Man went in search of coffee for us. She told me all about herself, and I told her about the kids being at home sick. When the temps started dropping, she said “Dear, I have a sweatshirt that you must put on. It’s getting a bit chilly out here and you’ve been in the sun all day. You don’t want to get sick.” Well, really I wasn’t cold, I had coffee and it was actually just starting to feel good to me. So I declined, but she turned to her husband and told him that she was worried about me. Some people are so sweet. I hope to be like her when I am old and grey.

Wishes began and of course I cried and made three wishes, because one is never enough for me.
We told the older couple goodbye and wished them a good vacation, then walked around the back of the castle- through Fantasyland and around the empty park while it cleared out.

Got back to Main St. with no one there and went and bought some pins for the kids for the October trip. Walked out of the store, walked onto the monorail with only two other people and found our car, thanks to the Panic button. Okay, not really- b/c our car was only one of three left in the Minnie parking lot. No panic needed.

Got back to the room, took a shower and was asleep by midnight. Great day was had by all!

Up next: Epcot, a Dream won, and who was that girl? We find out the identity of the Bathroom Bandits….

Oh no Jo!!! I am so sorry that you hurt yourself this morning! I will be praying that you have no complications and that you feel better soon.

I have been to that hotel before. HB is a nice place. I hope he can get down to the beach and enjoy some of our California living!

I wished you could have come out here too, maybe next time!

Seacrest

Thanks, NC. I am scared to think how I"ll feel tomorrow. If my jaw doesn't get any better within a month's time, I'll be hopping a plane to Arkansas to Fort Smith to see my Dr there that was a God send to me.:)

Mark just called. He is all checked into his room at the hyatt.

http://huntingtonbeach.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

It looks beautiful. He says the weather and blue sky are gorgeous, Sea!!! Now I am really really jealous.

I should've gone to Cali.

:guilty:

Jo

Thanks Sea- Mark called back and said he just walked on the beach. He is sad I am not there. Maybe one day...

I'm going to go and try to eat. It hurts to open my jaw. I'll post more tomorrow. Have a great night.

Jo

Jo, I love your trip report! It is so descriptive.

I can't wait to find out who are the "bathroom bandits" are!

DISers should hire you to write their TRs! :lmao:
:cool1:

hey guys! CRAZZZZY day at work... :sick: yuck! first day back is the worst... i 've been busy since we got back and haven't been able to check in with my mayers :snooty: ...

and things are not so great here - - - i have to go to court tomorrow :guilty:

all the stuff with my parents got WAAAAYYY worse while we were away... and there were PFA'S - jail trips - break IN'S - break DOWN'S - and i was trying to be left alone and have a great trip and it just didn't seem to happen... :sad2:

they tried to keep my out of it at first - but as soon as i caught wind of everything - it was all down hill from there...

anyways... i never had to do a trip report before and i don't know if i'll be any good at it... we were there so long that by the last day of our trip - i couldn't remember the first ... :confused: :eek: :rotfl: but, i'll do my best

we had some BAD stuff happen to us when we were down there that definately made some of the magic go away, but most of the cm's did their best to resolve any issues that we did have so, i can't really complain

we did still have an amazing trip, so i don't want to sound too much like a negative nancy and the great times DEFINATELY outweighed the bad so all in all it was a super fun time... maybe after i get home tomorrow i'll try to start a TR for everyone ...

MARI - TR looks great so far :goodvibes
SHELLY - I feel you - I had some housekeeping issues myself :sad2:
JO - You are the queen of TR'S you need to tell me your secrets:rotfl: :wizard:
KAIT - I agree entirely about the bus situation for POR - I'm glad you said something too - because there was RIDICULOUSLY long lines every day from the parks :scared1:

NC and SEA - i'll keep you guys posted with TR as soon as possible - - - we all need a disney fix :flower3:

i'll talk to you guys soon - wish me luck :hug:

Jo, loving the trip report! Sounds like you guys had a fabulous trip :goodvibes Looking forward to reading the next installment! Oh, and I'm so sorry you hurt yourself :hug: I have TMJ, too, and I've had my jaw lock before just for something stupid like yawning too widely :sad2: I can't even imagine how painful that must be. Were they able to give you something for the pain if you are miserable tomorrow?

RF, glad you had a good Disneymoon overall...coming back to work and the real world is hardest the first couple of days. And sorry to hear about all the family drama :scared:

Morning MAYers!

RF- oh wow. I am shocked. prayers for you and your family. I hope everything goes good today.:hug: And don't work yourself up into a tizzy trying to do a TR. We'll be happy with bits and pieces until you can give us the scoop.

Katiebell- Thanks.:hug: TMJ is probably someof the worst pain I've ever had in my life. The Dr in AR I had was my complete savior. I wear two different mouth guards when I'm having issues. So to fall on my chin and have it jam up in my jaw was excruciating. Mary C asked how bad the pain was and I said it hurt worse than when I had her. She was wide eyed but it was true, LOL. Do you have splints to wear when yours is flaring?

NC- the next installment of the TR is being worked on as we speak.:rolleyes1

Sea- haha- the Bathroom Bandits... You'll all be surprised when I tell you! Just know this...
Whenever Mark goes anywhere, he always runs into famous people...;) He must have that "vibe":rotfl:

Woke up to pain in the jaw being a lot less than yesterday, thank goodness. The power of MAYer prayers, once again.:flower3:

I'll be working on day 2 of hte TR for a bit today- I'll post it when it's done!:woohoo:

:grouphug:

:snooty:

Jo

Good morning MAYers! :goodvibes

Sorry about the bus situation at POR RF & Kait. I know the buses were crowded last year when we stayed at POFQ because they share with POR. One good thing about CSR, the buses were NEVER crowded. I think a lot of the people staying there were there for a conference, so that left the buses pretty bare! And all trips were under 10 minutes! :yay: So that helped to make up for some of the crappy aspects of the place!!

Great TR's Mari & JO. I am still working on my pictures. Probably won't get them done today either, I have some stuff to do at the school in a little bit. Maybe tomorrow. . . .

Did anyone see my post about SW ruining our luggage? Should I call someone? I'm still not sure about what to do. We never had a problem like this with AirTran. I'm really not loving SW. On our flight home we were in group B, we had to take the very last two rows to all sit together. After awhile they start asking people to move so this one little girl can sit with her dad. Must have asked 3-4 times. I don't know if anyone ever switched or not. I couldn't see from the back of the plane! :laughing: But I just thought that was pretty crappy. Why not just assign seats??? Then all families can sit together. I just don't get why they do that. And the lining up and standing there forever until they let your "row" board. :confused3 Between that and some other "issues" we had with our flight home, I'm just not very happy with them.

Morning all....

Shelly - Thank You.... I think youshould call Sw. I mean the worst they can say is that they can't do anything for you but you never know until you try.

RF - Sorry you had problems on your Disneymoon... But i'm happy that you had a great vacation overall. Sorry for your family troubles. I know it's hard to come back to that after you had such a great time.

Jo - LOVE the TR.....

RF - Sorry things are so bad. I hope court goes well. I know I was so dreading having to testify against those thugs who broke into my neighbors house. I cannot imagine going for a family issue. I would be an emotional wreck. :hug:

When you have time, tell us the good, the bad, and ugly from your trip.

Jo - Can't wait for that next installment! By the way, I loved your Arkansas Razorback reference. :love: I couldn't help but feel that was for me! (although I am sure it wasn't. :laughing: )

Shelly - I would call SW, the sooner the better and let them know the issue and ask how to file a claim on the luggage. Have you looked on their website to see if they have any info there? We have never had a luggage issue. Sorry. Let us know how it goes.

Mari - I am going to check out your TR!

Stephy- Have a great trip!!!! :woohoo:

Okay, here goes!

Day 1 ~ Saturday May 10th:

Well you all know we had that 2:00 in the afternoon flight! But it ended up not to be too bad. We didn't have to get up so early in the morning that it is still dark, like we have in the past. As a matter of fact, we didn't even have to set an alarm!! :lmao: I had planned to leave here around 11:00 or so, just to make sure we had plenty of time. Well, at about 10:30 we decided that we couldn't wait any longer!! :yay:

100_3479.jpg

Got to the airport with plenty of time to spare!

100_3482.jpg

100_3483.jpg

And yes, in 90% of DS9's pictures he is giving his "Rock On" sign with his hands. . . . ??? :confused3 :rotfl:

Got to Orlando in no time. The ME line wasn't too long and I was probably through it and done in about 15 minutes or less.

100_3491.jpg

Then it was off to the CSR line!
100_3492.jpg

What??? It was empty! They opened the rope and escorted us straight onto the bus. (it was about 94 and VERY humid out :scared1: )But then we got on the bus and waited. . . and waited. . . I guess until the bus got about half full, probably about 20 minutes. Then it made one stop at POP and then onto CSR. Check in went pretty quick and smooth. Got our room request, a corner room on the 2nd floor of the Cabana section. Too bad the corner room only had 1 window. :confused: They've always had 2 windows before, that's why I request them, it makes the room seem a little bit bigger. The room is not the cleanest, as I told you, but it will do.

100_3570.jpg

100_3575.jpg

100_3576.jpg

100_3578.jpg

100_3581.jpg

100_3582.jpg

Unpack and head to Pepper Market for dinner. Like I said, not the best service, but the food was decent.
100_3500.jpg

100_3502.jpg

100_3503.jpg

Went back and changed to go swimming. Got to the pool around 8:00pm and apparently the slide and waterfall had closed for the night. We stayed for awhile anyway, but I will post pictures of the pool later when that stuff was running!

Got back to the room and we hear a knock on the door. . . . Remember the whole 30% off pin code ordeal run-in I had with the CM on the phone way back when??? And her boss said she'd send my kids something for all my trouble. Well here they were. . . Pirate hats filled with Hershey candies, chocolate coins, gems, stickers, and so on. Not 30% off my trip, but still very nice! :lmao:

100_3506.jpg

100_3505.jpg

That was about it for arrival day. Went to bed so we would be well rested for a big day of shopping and meeting MAYers :snooty: the next day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter