• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 16, 2004 / 4 Day Wonder

plenam

Its a dog eat dog world & I have milkbone undies
Hi, Our family ( myself,DW, DS 10, DS 7 ) are going on the four day Wonder cruise May16th, this is our first cruise and really looking forward to it. Hope to see other board member there too, see ya on board!!

Brett

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :bounce: :bounce:

"Waiting to live the dream!!"

Hi Brett...and Scottie
Cash, the Wonder Dog, and I are members of this sailing, as are an untold number of cruisers taking part in a 4-day land/4-day sea tour group that signed on under the name "Free Wheelin' Cruise" that set aside as many of the accessible cabins as possible for a group on wheels cruise... I don't know any of the others, although Deb Wills is supposed to be one of the cruisers...
The TA organizing the tour is Chet McDoniel of Cruising Co, Etc. (chetm@cruisingco.com). Knowing how narrow the elevators can get with wheelchairs packed in the mix, all I can say is, watch your toes......:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

See ya on the high seas!

Hi Brett...and Scottie
Cash, the Wonder Dog, and I are members of this sailing, as are an untold number of cruisers taking part in a 4-day land/4-day sea tour group that signed on under the name "Free Wheelin' Cruise" that set aside as many of the accessible cabins as possible for a group on wheels cruise... I don't know any of the others, although Deb Wills is supposed to be one of the cruisers...
The TA organizing the tour is Chet McDoniel of Cruising Co, Etc. (chetm@cruisingco.com). Knowing how narrow the elevators can get with wheelchairs packed in the mix, all I can say is, watch your toes......:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

See ya on the high seas!

Lynda & Cash,

Looking forward to see you on board and we'll be "watching our toes".

Brett

"waiting to live the dream"

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Lynn(the DW) and I will also be aboard on this sailing. It has been a while for us, almost two years. We are looking forward to this trip and meeting other DIS folks.

Good to see a post about this sailing.

Lynda, it would be nice if Deb Wills is on this sailing. She is a very nice lady. It is also cool that this will be a free wheeling cruise. That is great. Now to find steel toed sandals :p :p

Now time to start the three P's. planning, packing, and praying for patience while being imPatient. :jester

I did not even realize this posting was hiding out here! Happy to see we have others sailing on the 5/16 cruise…I was worried there would only be a handful of people on the entire ship…oh wait that could mean a free upgrade to the Disney Suite If only we were all so lucky!:tongue: This will be our second cruise/wdw trip, and our second one with MIL joining us. We are VERY excited and just booked a night at the Radisson for 5/15 yesterday.

At the time of sailing:

ME!
Sunny (wife)
Susan (mil)
Meghan (daughter will be 7 at sailing)
Morgan (daughter will be 3 at sailing)

Bummer on the upgrade. It is good to see other DIS folks going on this sailing.

We will get in early on 5/16 and will drive to the port. After the cruise we get almost two days after at WDW, BCV's. This is number 8 DCL for us. No experts as it has been a couple of years since we last sailed. It is great to see we get the day at sea after CC. Much better for the packing up. Wonder what the returning cruiser gift is these days.

We have a late seating for diner and are on Deck 7, can't remember the stateroom number at this time.

We shoudl plan a simple get together to just say hi. actually chances are we all will be among the first in line top board. :hyper:

I defiantly agree on the first in line to board…we will be there bright and early ready for the magical doors to open to 4 nights of heaven! Shortly after they open I am sure I will be holding Morgan since she will be freaking out over the characters, she does not like anything in a large costume. We hope it will be different this time around though, she has been watching Disney sing along videos every day to get to know the characters better (I like to tease and say we have her on a ten-step plan).

We are in the late dinner seating also and on deck 8, in a deluxe family stateroom. We are not sure if we like the current room location, as it is just shy of the forward elevator and stairs. We may look into moving towards more midship.

Scott H-

I just realized we will be at the same resort after the cruise. We are at Beach Club Villas for 3 nights after sailing

This will be our first stay at BCV. Sadly it will just be one night for us. But we should be able to get almost a day and a half in at the parks.

Had friends who had a family suite on DCL and they really enjoyed the stateroom.

We are renting a car to get to and from the port. So much cheaper than a shuttle for just the two of us.

Looking forward to meeting some more DIS folks.

Happy New Year to all.

Our belief is any time in WDW (no matter how short the stay) is better then no time in WDW at all!! My MIL, who will be cruising with us again, lives in Florida so we have an automatic chauffer for our trip ;)

I believe we have a day at sea and not a stop in Freeport, is that everyone’s understanding of our itinerary. Last cruise they added Freeport on us and we missed out on the day at sea so I am keeping my fingers crossed this time. If we have the day at sea our itinerary should look like this:

Itinerary:
Sun
Travel to Port Canaveral to depart at 5 p.m.
Mon
Arrive at Nassau at 9:15 a.m., depart at 11 p.m.
Tue
Arrive at Castaway Cay at 7 a.m., depart at 5 p.m.
Wed
Relax for a full day at sea.
Thu
Arrive at Port Canaveral at 6 a.m., debark the ship at 8:30 a.m.

From what I have heard they only stop at Freeport a few times a year and may not this year due to the Wonder being in dry dock in Oct. for a couple of weeks for maint.

Brett

"Waiting to live the dream"

I understand the itenerary to be as Scottie posted. That looks very good to me.

Your are correct any time at WDW is a good time.

I was just reading a post about bridge tours being offered again. Sounds like a great way to learn some insider secrets about the ship. I believe I will swing by guest services shortly after boarding to sign up!

We have done a couple of the bridge tours when they were available. They are very informative and interesting. Might just have to do it again. I really find the workings of the ships very interesting. Realy looking forward to the trip and warmer weather. It is -10 this morning.

Looking forward to warmer weather too....-7 here this morning. BTW, do they have engine room tours? My son and I would really like to see the inner workings of a ship.

Brett

"Waiting to live the dream"

I think you have me beat on the weather. I think the lowest we got to last night was about 9. I have not heard of a Disney engine room tour before but that sure would be cool!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter