May 18th, 2024 - May 25th, 2024 Disney Dream - DVC Member's Cruise

We are considering cancelling the Barcelona Members cruise. We paid 1/2 with points 1/2 on a credit card.
Anyone know what DVC/DCL's policy is on this? Would we lose everything?

We are considering cancelling the Barcelona Members cruise. We paid 1/2 with points 1/2 on a credit card.
Anyone know what DVC/DCL's policy is on this? Would we lose everything?
Not sure if this will apply to totally cancelling - on the DVC charter cruise we went recently, we had a person back out. We paid all cash. They refunded us the fare for the person backing out but we “lost” $95 because it was a modification. So maybe cancelling would get everything back except $95. As for the points, it might go to a certain category that you can only use those points for. Hope that helps in your decision either way.

When we booked, member services told me we can cancel for full refund until 120 days from sailing. ( I'd guess you get all the points back too ... albeit restricted)

UPDATE: The magic is real!!!! I just got a call from DVC saying they've moved me to the connecting cabins!!! Thanks for everybody who expressed concern, and if someone in this group made this happen behind the scenes, I can't thank you enough!!
===============================================
I am so disappointed. I had thought that I got my first choice connecting cabins on the Mediterranean cruise, but realized on my callback just now that the agent made a mistake and gave us cabins on opposite sides of the ship. Despite my best explanation that the other family would be minimally impacted by swapping rooms so that ours could connect, DVC absolutely refuses.

So, by any chance, does someone here have confirmed room 6512 on the 2024 member cruise? I can trade you the exact same cabin on the other side, and throw in a very valuable (>$2,000) Disney gift.
I am still looking for the person booked in 6512. Anybody? I'll make it worth your while...

Last edited:
I’m starting to research our ports and thought I’d share this find - the 2024 Cannes Film Festival runs May 14-25, 2024. We will be in Villefranche on May 23. From what I’m reading, Cannes is very crowded during this time, which could spill over to neighboring areas. There could also be several very large yachts in the harbor.

https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/press/

Hi, sharing some more research findings for our port in Villefranche-

Villefranche includes tour options to Monaco. We will be there Thursday 23 May. The Monaco Grand Prix is the following Sunday 26 May. I was looking at a possible private tour option that included Monaco. The tour guide responded with the following-

Unfortunately this tour is not available during the Grand Prix period as Monaco is completely closed for the 4 days that the practice (Thursday + Friday) qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday,

I don’t know how this might impact DCL port adventure options that include Monaco, so thought I’d pass this along.

Called into DCL and got transferred around a bit (probably back to DVC member services) - was advised that airfare and hotel would not be available thru them so we're on our own. Good to know early!

Hello Everyone,

If anyone who is booked on this DVC Member cruise from Barcelona and has to cancel in the future, would appreciate if you wouldn’t mind letting me know , the cruise is currently sold out and they won’t take a waitlist .

Hello Everyone,

If anyone who is booked on this DVC Member cruise from Barcelona and has to cancel in the future, would appreciate if you wouldn’t mind letting me know , the cruise is currently sold out and they won’t take a waitlist .
There was a wait-list before. I guess it's full?

I’ll check again in the morning, thanks for the info
Well, I'm not entirely sure how it works. But I do know we wanted a cat 7A but those were sold out by the time we got through so we ended up with 8B, and they offered to wait-list 7A for us. Not sure if there is a wait-list outside of that circumstance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter