May 18th, 2024 - May 25th, 2024 Disney Dream - DVC Member's Cruise

Be prepared to bring an empty suitcase! So much DVC daily gifts for each person in the stateroom! We filled the empty one with all the stuff.
Thank you for the tip!
On our previous DVC Member Cruise, we made sure we had extra room, and we still ended up leaving some things…this time, we making sure we have much more space.😊
We just got off the Wish for the 2023 MC. They compiled all 4 nights of swag into a "swag bag". Jen LaForge has a good summary of what was in it if you were interested. We thought it was a good idea but it might've been a one-off, who knows if the "shorter" cruise made a difference. The note they gave us informed us that DVC didn't want us spending time in our cabin packing away all the swag when the last night was crammed with special programming.
Ours showed up a couple days ago...

This will be our first Disney cruise of any type! ... The timing 'worked out' as we had just opened a new cc with 12 months no interest ...hehe.

I have to come to terms with the cost. We are family of 5... nearly 20k for a week, is like 200 points resale!!! I guess I have till January to decide :)
We are on the waitlist (Member Svcs on the Wish was kind enough to add us) but we have the same problem. Either two inner rooms adjoining, a family verandah, or concierge... not cheap! An even bigger problem is that the middle daughter (of three) is graduating high school on May 22! I've planted a brain seed and we'll have to wait and see if it takes root.
So are we. Trying to figure out how big an extra suitcase to bring.
We just got off a 3 day Wish cruise. And in about two weeks, Fantasy for 5 days; b2b for 10 (Southern Caribbean0
Try a packable duffle bag (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PVZ87W?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1). We didn't end up using the swag bag but rather, fit swag for five into luggages and moving clothing into the duffle.

So are we. Trying to figure out how big an extra suitcase to bring.
We just got off a 3 day Wish cruise. And in about two weeks, Fantasy for 5 days; b2b for 10 (Southern Caribbean0

Try a packable duffle bag (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PVZ87W?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1). We didn't end up using the swag bag but rather, fit swag for five into luggages and moving clothing into the duffle.

A pattern I’ve noted with the last few MCs since I started going on them, the DVC stateroom gift of a bag to help hold their gifts has tended to be more of a hand-carry type tote bag on the east coast cruises, when a lot of people may be driving rather than flying. For last year’s Alaska MC, when the majority traveled via air, our bag was more airline-friendly, and much larger since the cruise was a week long. Here are some pics - it is a heavy canvas, good backpack type material. Size is 24”x12” and approx 15” high.

95A3FEE3-8A33-4C48-BE8F-FDB4E0099691.jpeg

731E11AB-215B-4745-984C-B80347CA3114.jpeg

6B3C0EBC-D680-4665-9656-E052AF4A388C.jpeg

On my flight back, there were several other MC attendees also on board. I had to laugh at the airport, wondering what the baggage handlers were thinking seeing so many of the exact same bright blue bags being checked. There were also several more as carryon bags.

I’ll be hoping for a similar type bag on this Barcelona MC. However, in the event that is not the case, you might want to check these out - roll-up compression bags. I used some of these on a recent trip and they were a lifesaver to be able to travel with only one piece of checked luggage. Very easy to use, no additional equipment needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLHBVZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

A pattern I’ve noted with the last few MCs since I started going on them, the DVC stateroom gift of a bag to help hold their gifts has tended to be more of a hand-carry type tote bag on the east coast cruises, when a lot of people may be driving rather than flying. For last year’s Alaska MC, when the majority traveled via air, our bag was more airline-friendly, and much larger since the cruise was a week long. Here are some pics - it is a heavy canvas, good backpack type material. Size is 24”x12” and approx 15” high.

View attachment 794264

View attachment 794265

View attachment 794266

On my flight back, there were several other MC attendees also on board. I had to laugh at the airport, wondering what the baggage handlers were thinking seeing so many of the exact same bright blue bags being checked. There were also several more as carryon bags.

I’ll be hoping for a similar type bag on this Barcelona MC. However, in the event that is not the case, you might want to check these out - roll-up compression bags. I used some of these on a recent trip and they were a lifesaver to be able to travel with only one piece of checked luggage. Very easy to use, no additional equipment needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLHBVZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
I knew I recognized that bag! We were on the same cruise !

I'm so jealous of y'all who were on the recent member cruise! How was it? We love Bill Farmer and would have loved to have been there

ETA: we at least did get to see him at Destination D23 right after your cruise

I'm so jealous of y'all who were on the recent member cruise! How was it? We love Bill Farmer and would have loved to have been there

We had a blast!

My oldest daughter (18) slept through the morning program featuring Bill and the voices of Mickey and Minnie. We came back to the room and told her thinking she wouldn’t care. She popped up and said she is a huge fan of Bill…GWORSH, we said, we didn’t know you were such a big fan of goofy!

Turns out Bill voices her favorite character on Disney’s Amphibia, a modern animated series on The Disney Channel! Hahaha!

She ran off and found him chatting with other fans in the Grand Hall and he signed her lanyard while using his Amphibia character voice!

That was just one unique episode that made the MC our best cruise ever. 😀

Member cruises are always fun! Packed with lots of sessions with special guests. This year we had an extra bonus with two special evening concerts, the Disney on Broadway and the Disney Princess concert. Jodi Benson was a surprise addition to the Princess concert. The special guests, like Bill, are always so generous with their time and approachable as you see them walking around the ship.

Having been on a few, this year’s was my first with only one sea day, For me, thst made it impossible to attend a couple of the special sessions I would have liked, because they were only able to be offered one time. Not sure I’d do another with only one sea day, as I missed the extra day of MC programming. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind come booking day LOL.

We had a blast!

My oldest daughter (18) slept through the morning program featuring Bill and the voices of Mickey and Minnie. We came back to the room and told her thinking she wouldn’t care. She popped up and said she is a huge fan of Bill…GWORSH, we said, we didn’t know you were such a big fan of goofy!

Turns out Bill voices her favorite character on Disney’s Amphibia, a modern animated series on The Disney Channel! Hahaha!

She ran off and found him chatting with other fans in the Grand Hall and he signed her lanyard while using his Amphibia character voice!

That was just one unique episode that made the MC our best cruise ever. 😀

Member cruises are always fun! Packed with lots of sessions with special guests. This year we had an extra bonus with two special evening concerts, the Disney on Broadway and the Disney Princess concert. Jodi Benson was a surprise addition to the Princess concert. The special guests, like Bill, are always so generous with their time and approachable as you see them walking around the ship.

Having been on a few, this year’s was my first with only one sea day, For me, thst made it impossible to attend a couple of the special sessions I would have liked, because they were only able to be offered one time. Not sure I’d do another with only one sea day, as I missed the extra day of MC programming. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind come booking day LOL.
Sounds great! I'm even more stocked about next year's MC now.

I wonder what they'll do in 2025. I'm thinking something on the Treasure is likely.

Sounds great! I'm even more stocked about next year's MC now.

I wonder what they'll do in 2025. I'm thinking something on the Treasure is likely.
Same here. I’m hoping sessions on Walt’s travels in Europe, and the influences on him for parks, movies, attractions, etc.

I agree, I suspect the Treasure might be a future MC. That would give us a week and lots of sea days, looking at the initial itineraries :earsboy: :fish:

I suspect the Treasure might be a future MC. That would give us a week and lots of sea days, looking at the initial itineraries :earsboy:

Though I guess it may not be until 2026 since they didn't do the Wish until a year after

Agree!

I love how they are differentiating The Wish (elegance and conventional) from The Treasure (adventure and off the beaten path) even though they are ships of the same class. Did they theme the Magic and Wonder, Dream and Fantasy differently from each of their sister ships??

Smart call DCL!

I am so disappointed. I had thought that I got my first choice connecting cabins on the Mediterranean cruise, but realized on my callback just now that the agent made a mistake and gave us cabins on opposite sides of the ship. Despite my best explanation that the other family would be minimally impacted by swapping rooms so that ours could connect, DVC absolutely refuses.

So, by any chance, does someone here have confirmed room 6512 on the 2024 member cruise? I can trade you the exact same cabin on the other side, and throw in a very valuable (>$2,000) Disney gift.
UPDATE: The magic is real!!!! I just got a call from DVC saying they've moved me to the connecting cabins!!! Thanks for everybody who expressed concern, and if someone in this group made this happen behind the scenes, I can't thank you enough!!

Posting as an example of some of the MC sneak peak programming - the new short Once Upon a Studio for the Disney Studios 100 anniversary will premier on US network television on October 15. It was previously screened at Destination D23 the weekend after the recent MC.

But, who saw it first? We did, on the 2023 MC!! :smickey: They had two screening opportunities on our sea day. It is things like this that make the MCs a special experience.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-short-once-upon-a-studio-to-premiere-in-oct/

UPDATE: The magic is real!!!! I just got a call from DVC saying they've moved me to the connecting cabins!!! Thanks for everybody who expressed concern, and if someone in this group made this happen behind the scenes, I can't thank you enough!!
Awesome!

We cancelled a couple of days ago ☹️. I think just in the last week or so people could cancel... I'm guessing there have been a number of initial cancellations. Not sure how long the wait-list was, but maybe availability out there.

Well, I'm not entirely sure how it works. But I do know we wanted a cat 7A but those were sold out by the time we got through so we ended up with 8B, and they offered to wait-list 7A for us. Not sure if there is a wait-list outside of that circumstance.
Not sure if you’re still on the waitlist for a 7A but we were originally booked in a 7A and decided to try and change to a 5A, our waitlist just came through so I’ve changed rooms and our 7A will now be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter