May 2003 Cruisers/ 6 months and counting!

vicnmickey

I wish I was Cruising
6 months from today we will be flying out of Chicago to start our magical WDW vacation. I can remember when it was over 12 months. Is there anything that I should be doing to make sure everything is done.
We have ressies for the 7 night land/sea, Hyatt night before vacation starts. Have several Fare watchers going for airfare, I am hoping the prices go down the beggining of the year. I check these boards everyday for new tips. I just hope I am not forgetting anything. Oh, yeah a time traveler so I can speed up time till April 30th 2003. :D

We will be flying out of D.C. the day after you leave. We are doing 2 nights at the CR before our 7 day eastern. My 6yo DD asks for a countdown update every night!

We have not booked air yet either. What is a "fare watcher?"

Vic I know what you mean. DW, DS and myself are booked on the May10th 2003, 7day west Carrib on the magic. We can't wait either. I also just booked airfare on Continental for 211.00 RT out of Newark, nj to Orlando. I have'nt seen anything lower then that in a long time for a non-stop. I also booked us a room at the airport hyatt for the 9th. This will be our second Disney cruise. We can't wait, and on top of all that we leave next friday for 8 days at the BWV. yippee..

Have a great trip.

Scott, Peg and Tyler

I have to wait a little longer than you folks because we are doing the 3 night cruise on 5/22, but just as excited!!!! I am looking at the different resorts to stay at because we are flying down the night before, but have yet to book. We plan to book our airfare in Jan as well as the car. We decided to rent a car because we are going from airport to port to BWV to airport. I priced out limos but it would be just the same to rent a car and we can leave the car seat in the car along with one of the strollers while we are on ship and stop at the grocery store before hitting BWVs.

To answer your question on Fare Watcher, I use Travelocity.com. They have were you can put in several different depature cities and when the prices go up or down you can be notified via email. It makes it simple to keep an eye on airfare. I hope this helps.

Is it May yet :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Carone0318. You'll be getting on as I get off! We're doing the 4 day leaving May 18. (Myself DH, DD)

May 18/02-Wonder tlens- We will be on the same cruise. Just booked yesterday!!
It's nice to know there will be other Canadian's, especially so close to home. We went last May on a 3 day and it was wonderful.
Can't wait, hope to see you on board! :p

The countdown clock is telling the story. We have done 2, 3 day cruises, the Eastern and the Western and now a 4 day. We will be ready.

Russ and Miss Vivian

we also cruise in may , 10 western 7 day
BUT like the count down timer says
we r doing a 3 day in dec,
so we r very excited about that , and then may will be oh so much closer,,,, lol
peter

We are cruising the same time. May 4-8 Wonder here we come. Have you ever been to Freeport and what is your thoughts, stay on the ship or get off. When we first booked it was suppose to be a day at sea, so we might treat it like that.

ruvidu we will have to start are own May 4 post soon!!!

We booked on board last month and did not know it was a Freeport cruise. We will probably treat it as a sea day as well. Chicken strips and hot dogs all day while sitting by the pool.

Russ

I am sorry to be the one to tell you the bad news about Freeport. I was upset also when I first found out because I wanted the day at sea. So many people say Freeport is waste of time I wonder why Disney doesn't get rid of it altogether. We might just get off, just to say we were their. I am sure the kids wouldn't mind a day by the pool or in the Oceaneer's Lab!

I found out when I got home from the cruise and checked out the DCL web site. No biggie. We can at least say we have been to all of the DCL ports of call once we leave there. We will probably stay on board in Nassau as well.

Russ

we're doing the land sea vacation in May as well.
2 other families have booked with us.

May 8th - 10th we'll be at the Polynesian Resort
May 11th - 15th on the Disney Wonder

YEAH! Where do you live? I see you have 2 daughters? What ages? My daughter will be 3 1/2.

My Husband and I will be on the Wonder May 15th - 18th. Before that we will be at BCV in a 1-bedroom for 5 nights. We are celebrating our 20th Anniversary! So no kids this time! The CM that took our reservation asked me if there was a special occassion and I told her about our anniversary. She then asked what night we would like to celebrate. Does anyone know what they do for this? Also, this is our first time on a cruise. Hope my husband doesn't get sea sick. He sometimes gets motion sickness on rides. Any suggestions?

We are from Leamington- down near Windsor I have one daughter who is 4 now, her Birthday is May 19th on board the cruise. My other daughter is only 2 weeks old. The Oceaneer Club was great for my 4 year old last year, she had fun. We plan to use Flounder's Reef for our infant, so that we might enjoy some quiet time without kids. Palo's for sure one night, some dancing at one of the clubs or just some quiet time on deck 10. Keep in touch.:p

We are planning a family vacation for May 15th thru the18th at the Poly. We board the Wonder on the 18th for the four day. Does anyone know if the comedy club is back? Or are they still doing the dueling pianos?

9/98 4 days Grand Floridian/3 days Disney Magic
9/99 4 days Grand Floridian/3 days Disney Wonder
9/00 7 days Disney Magic/3 days Grand Floridian

Hey, that's three DIS'ers on the 18th cruise! WooHoo!:Pinkbounc

Very happy to see posts referencing our first ever cruise - 5/4/03 - 4 day. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter