May 2010 PTR...Mommy, I miss our Florida home <3 Updated 4/16/2010

Desiree430

Mouseketeer
Hello all...This is my second attempt at doing a PTR. I started one for our trip last year but wasn't able to keep up with it. I'm hoping this time I can do a little better;)

I'll start with introductions- gotta get the kids down for bed soon!

I'm Desiree (26) - I work part-time in a salon and have been to Disney 6 times before having kids and this will be our 3rd time with the kids. My grandmother owns timeshare and it was always rotated between my mom and her sisters and brother. I have never stayed onsite before and keep going back and forth about doing it this year.

Ajandme.jpg

SO- Anthony (28) - works for Mercedes. Big Phillies/Eagles fan. This will be his 4th Disney trip... All with me!:thumbsup2 He really has no complaints about doing Disney. My question to him is always...where else can we vacation that the kids will enjoy as much? They are too young still to do cruises and beaches (they just don't enjoy the beach too much yet) So I'm pretty sure we will be going to Disney for the next several years which is nice because we don't have the need to get everything done in one trip!

This is from 2008!
IMG_653_0133_246.jpg

DS- AJ (6) In First grade. Loves sports and his favorite park is Epcot. AJ really enjoys learning and his first trip to Epcot we got him the passport and visited each kidcot station. He loved wearing his pin with the flags of each country and guessing where we were. Last year we never got to make it past Mexico because it was downpouring so much and despite the ponchos the little ones were freezing. We spent a few hours in innoventions though which we hadn't done the first year we went to Disney with them.

AJsitting.jpg

AJcarousel.jpg

DD - Adriana (4) is the Princess:rotfl2: Loves to dance and sing. Loves everything girly. They kids have a piggy bank that they save up change all year long and right before we go to Florida we cash it in and thats their own spending money. Whenever we talk about Florida my daughter is always reminding us about bringing her piggybank. Her first trip to Disney was when she was 2 and she remembers alot of it. When she met the Genie in Epcot he did Eskimo kisses with her... ever since then everynight before bed she asks for Genie Kisses... my favorite moment! Last year we did the BBB for her and afterwards went to dinner at Park Fare. The table we sat was right in the center and when Prince Charming came out and they danced she was the first little girl he brought to the floor and danced with him. We have it on video and it's her favorite part from last year.

ADricheese.jpg

Adriserious.jpg

So now this year we are taking this trip this year with my brother and SIL and so far my 2 nephews who are 2 and 3. This will be the 2 year olds first trip. It's a little hard planning with a group and I know my brother won't be doing alot of the same things we are so I've been trying to plan out things different ways but not knowing what he wants to do or if his other kids are coming make it so hard! Last year we went with my mother, my brother and three of his kids. I hadn't planned for much that trip..tried to make it more relaxing. We were just going to do 2 parks, waterparks and then the character meals and BBB but we got caught in all that rain though so hoping for much better weather this year! The bright side about the rain for us was we did get to see my godparents who I hadn't seen in about 10 years and we saw some other family which we probably wouldn['t have seen otherwise

This is the "unofficial" plan so far....

Saturday May 22 - checkin, relax and possibly go to DTD
Sunday May 23 - Animal Kingdom
Monday May 24 - Magic Kingdom and 9:30am ressie at The Crystal Palace.
Tuesday May 25 - Typhoon Lagoon
Wednesday May 26 - Epcot ...possibly Akershus
Thursday May 27 - DHS and 10:15am ressie at Hollywood and Vine
Friday May 28 - 10:15am ressie at Chef Mickeys Blizzard Beach
Saturday May 29 - DTD and head home

As of right now we aren't staying onsite which is part of the reason our breakfasts are later. Besides if my brothers family decides to go also and we can get the reservations we would never make it to an early breakfast. For us the breakfasts are worth doing since we pay OOP and I know my kids will eat more here than for dinner. We really don't rush through the parks and we don't park hop so I'm perfectly okay with us not really doing anything until later and staying late. Even if we miss out on rides/attractions we can always catch it the following year!

This is the "unofficial" plan so far....

Saturday May 22 - checkin, relax and possibly go to DTD
Sunday May 23 - Animal Kingdom
Monday May 24 - Magic Kingdom and 9:30am ressie at The Crystal Palace.
Tuesday May 25 - Typhoon Lagoon
Wednesday May 26 - Epcot ...possibly Akershus
Thursday May 27 - DHS and 10:15am ressie at Hollywood and Vine
Friday May 28 - 10:15am ressie at Chef Mickeys Blizzard Beach
Saturday May 29 - DTD and head home

As of right now we aren't staying onsite which is part of the reason our breakfasts are later. Besides if my brothers family decides to go also and we can get the reservations we would never make it to an early breakfast. For us the breakfasts are worth doing since we pay OOP and I know my kids will eat more here than for dinner. We really don't rush through the parks and we don't park hop so I'm perfectly okay with us not really doing anything until later and staying late. Even if we miss out on rides/attractions we can always catch it the following year!

Hi Desiree I found you! I'm subbing. popcorn::You have a great start going. Adrianna is a doll in her BBB stuff. We are going to be in the same parks a few days this year! Maybe we'll run into each other! :goodvibes Our 4 yr old's would probably get along fabulously. :)

Hi Desiree I found you! I'm subbing. popcorn::You have a great start going. Adrianna is a doll in her BBB stuff. We are going to be in the same parks a few days this year! Maybe we'll run into each other! :goodvibes Our 4 yr old's would probably get along fabulously. :)

Oh yes! I jumped ahead a bit and got to see your plans! It seems our dds are into a lot of the same things.. When is your dd bday? Adriana is in November. Works out good since the last 3 years we have done Princess dressup trunks for her birthday. We have a Disney store in the outlets about 15 minutes away so about a week before her birthday I go and see what costumes are left that she doesn't have and rack up. I usually get them for about $10 and the shoes for $5:banana: For our BBB trip last year I ordered them online since they were the ballerina ones...thought the ones she has she might end up too hot with. This year we are going to order Aurora since that's the only costume she doesn't have yet.

I haven't done much planning the last few days... Got the Just Dance game for the Wii and have been playing it so much with friends and the kids. It's addicting and quite a workout.

Also I got a new netbook so I have been waiting till I had a free moment to start doing some more reading and planning. We are expecting another blizzard so I might have a weekend of planning ahead of me:woohoo:

Updated plans - not too many changes but I made some more reservations today:cool1:

May 20 - leave NJ :banana:
May 21 - Check into hotel in Ormond Beach and rest up
May 22 - Breakfast at hotel and then head to Daytona Beach for a few hours. leave around 1:30pm and drive to Orlando to check in:banana: Unpack...go to store for some groceries and relax
May 23 - Animal Kingdom and then a 6:30pm appt@BBB in DTD
May 24 - Magic Kindom 9:30am res.@Crystal Palace and 10:30am appt@the Pirates League for ds(6)
May 25 - Typhoon Lagoon and DTD
May 26 - Epcot 10:45am res. at Akershus
May 27 - DHS res. Hollywood and Vine@10:15am
May 28 - Chef Mickeys @10:15am and then Blizzard Beach
May 29 - DTD for some last time shopping before heading home

I still have to make a second backup plan in case my brother does decide to do anything with us though. These are all just for my family without him and his kids.

Speaking of my brother....let me talk a little bit about him and his kids since they might be along on the trip.

I have 2 brothers John(JJ) and Justin. JJ is the one with kids and who we will probably be going down with - he has 4 kids Nyasia(12), Tyler(10), Kal-el(3) and Shia(2) and a step-daughter Heaven(11)

This is 3 of his kids and mine last year in Magic Kingdom. His youngest the baby stayed back in NY with the mom. So if he comes it will be his first Disney trip!
IMG_5332.jpg

My brother and his son
IMG_5376.jpg

Tyler(dn) and Kal-el(dn)
IMG_5374.jpg

Nyasia(dn) and Adriana(dd)
IMG_5342.jpg

Travelling with a large group was quite interesting to say the least. I'd say I have patience but I hate waiting around for people when I'm already ready to go:rotfl:

The good parts was my kids had their cousin's to keep them entertained since we ended up staying in the resort alot because of the rain.

Not so good parts... we missed our Chef Mickey's reservation (was able to get another one at 1900 Park Fare) because it was so early and too many people/kids to have to get ready and out the door. That's partly why I made later reservations this year. We aren't early risers and since it's vacation I don't want to have to be rushed or annoyed waiting around for others. My brother doesn't understand the importance of Disney Planning:confused3 He's just a get up and go and do whatever type of guy. Turns out though it rained our whole vacation last year so we didn't end up doing much in the end anyways. We did have family come to our timeshare that we hadn't seen in years which was nice. I don't know if this year we will be able to do any of that since I don't really have a free day planned.

My cousin, his kids and his mom were also down the same week as us but they stayed somewhere else. We did meet up with them at some points thru out the trip but didn't have any plans with them.

My nephew and AJ and my cousins kids
IMG_5410.jpg

Hi Desiree! :wave2: I found your PTR and I am joining in for the fun. We'll be at Disney during the same exact days! In fact, it looks like we may be in a couple of parks during the same day! :thumbsup2

You have a beautiful family! :goodvibes

Hello.

Just found your PTR and I'm joining in.

Your kids are adorable. (Your DD is beautiful) She looks so cute in her princess dress. She sounds a LOT like my DD. She'll be 4 next month and also loves to Sing and Dance. She preforms for me ALL the time, I LOVE it. I'm so excited for her to meet all the princesses on our upcoming trip. Actually I think she's more interested in meeting the princes. LOL!!! Everyday she tells me. ""Mommy... I wanna marry a Prince" :lovestruc

Well, I'm looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

BTW .... love the pictures.

Welcome to my PTR... I haven't been around for awhile because life has gotten in the way:rolleyes1 I hope to start having more updates soon now that the time is getting closer and closer:banana:

Hi Desiree! :wave2: I found your PTR and I am joining in for the fun. We'll be at Disney during the same exact days! In fact, it looks like we may be in a couple of parks during the same day! :thumbsup2

You have a beautiful family! :goodvibes

Hello.

Just found your PTR and I'm joining in.

Your kids are adorable. (Your DD is beautiful) She looks so cute in her princess dress. She sounds a LOT like my DD. She'll be 4 next month and also loves to Sing and Dance. She preforms for me ALL the time, I LOVE it. I'm so excited for her to meet all the princesses on our upcoming trip. Actually I think she's more interested in meeting the princes. LOL!!! Everyday she tells me. ""Mommy... I wanna marry a Prince" :lovestruc

Well, I'm looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

BTW .... love the pictures.

Hello and Welcome! Thanks for joining my PTR... there hasn't been much to update lately but in about a week or so I'll begin my shopping and packing:banana:

Girl's are so much funprincess:... Quite different than boys. My son just decided to play baseball and soccer this spring:eek: So my saturdays will be dance, soccer and baseball for the next 10 weeks:scared1:

So with Easter coming up I've been thinking of doing Disney themed Easter baskets this year. Get the kids some things for the trip like Disney towels, new movies - probably Princess and the Frog for dd and UP for ds, some coloring books, candy and not sure what else... was thinking maybe a bathing suit and sandals. It definitly gives me a good excuse to start some shopping for the trip:rotfl:

Hi again! I think your Easter idea sounds great. We're going to be at AK and MK on the same days this year! My youngest is four and has a birthday at the very end of Sept. She will be turning 5 this year....:eek: I can't believe she is starting school this year. Makes me so sad.

Hi again! I think your Easter idea sounds great. We're going to be at AK and MK on the same days this year! My youngest is four and has a birthday at the very end of Sept. She will be turning 5 this year....:eek: I can't believe she is starting school this year. Makes me so sad.

Hello! I am hoping for sunshine this year but I will definitly be packing ponchos after last years experience. All that money spent and they kept ripping:confused3

Adriana has another year to go since she won't be 5 until November... my son was an early starter at 4 though his birthday is September 12.

I spent today shopping for the kids Easter's baskets. There is a Disney outlet about 15 minutes away from where I live so I got the kids towels $10/each ... Princess and the Frog and Buzz Lightyear. Tumblers for $3.99/each T-shirts that were $5.00 and 2 that were 2.99/each Some cute notebooks for 1.99/each and a Disney Princess Binder for 4.99 (which will be used for DDs travel journal):thumbsup2 and I was going to get the Easter plush dolls that were $8 but got little ones that are in eggs instead for $5 and Easter bags for 1.99/each :banana:

Then went to the dollar store and got the kids glow bracelets and necklaces (for home and a pack each for Disney) coloring books, Disney puzzles, bubbles, sparkly balls, Disney paddles w/balls, hula hoops, Disney chalkboards, candy

And finally at Target got ds AJ... Alvin and the Chipmunks the squekal... DD the Princess and the Frog, bathing suits and some more Easter candy. WHEW! I might've gone a bit overboard but alot of it will be used for vacation:thumbsup2

IMG00258.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00259.jpg

And now just to complicate things a little further... my brother just back from Florida - where he was looking for jobs and a place to live:sad2: Now he isn't sure if he will even be going which is fine but makes it hard to make plans:scared1: My mom is thinking of going if my brother doesn't go or his girlfriend doesnt go but doesn't want to ask for the time off until my brother lets us know what is going on:rolleyes1 The reason my mom isn't sure is that the place we stay at is a 2 bedroom. The master room has a king size bed where we will stay with the our kids. The other room has a 2 full beds. If my brother comes with all his kids then the 13, 11 and 10 year old will stay in that room and my brother and his girlfriend will stay in the living room with the 2 little ones (3 and 2) on the pullout. If my brother's girlfriend doesn't go then my mom can sleep in the room with my neice (13) and my nephew (10) the 11 year old is my brothers girlfriends child so she wouldn't be going. Then my brother can stay in the living room with the 2 little ones. Really what it comes down to is that if my brother comes with all his kids and his girlfriend then there isn't room for my mom travelling wise since we are driving down. I really don't like all this being up in the air and not knowing what to do. I want to add my mom on to my adr's but then if she doesn't come is that okay? What if I don't add her and then just show up with her? My daughter can sit in a highchair so we can still squeeze in a table for 4. I'm afraid of not being able to get the same adr's if I try and change it to add more people. I didn't even make any adr's with my brother and his family... it's just too much not knowing!

In other news... I picked up some things yesterday (Easter basket stuff) but I didn't add everything into the basket to keep things even with the kids. I have been having a bit of a hard time really finding clothes for the kids that I like especially online. We try and shop thru Bing because you get cash back on your purchases but I really didn't care for Old Navy's stuff and Targets online clothes. The things I did like for Adriana they didn't have in her size:confused3.. Disney store had some shirts for 2.99 so I got dd(4) these shirts

DSC_0989.jpg

and this binder (for her journal) and notebook
DSC_0985.jpg

and these notebooks for ds(6) if I can't find a binder for his journal I will just make a binder with Disney stickers etc. like I did last year
DSC_0986.jpg

Cute Stuff! I bet the kids are going to love their Easter baskets! I'm having a hard time finding summer and spring stuff that I like too. :confused3 There was a lot of cute stuff out last year but this year :eek:.

Hope you have a Happy Easter!

At my job yesterday I was talking with a client and he informed that his family was going to Disney next week. We got to talking about the websites and planning and he mentioned his wife does all the planning... Out of curiousity I asked if she used the Disboards and he said yes.. I didn't want to be too nosy and ask what her name was but I'm very curious! Just goes to show what a small world it is:)

Tomorrow we are taking the kids to Hershey Park for Springtime in the Park.. I'm so excited:cool1: It's supposed to be beautiful this weekend. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter (to those who celebrate for any reason)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter