MAY 2014 Car Rentals

Costco rates keep dropping. I just checked on our rates, and tonight a Budget minivan for 6 days 2 hours is down to $209. Pick up this Saturday. I can't believe the rates are still dropping just 3 days out.

Costco rates keep dropping. I just checked on our rates, and tonight a Budget minivan for 6 days 2 hours is down to $209. Pick up this Saturday. I can't believe the rates are still dropping just 3 days out.

I'm kicking myself, my work offered a free Costco membership and I didn't fill out the form! How is Budget to rent through? Am I able to go directly to the car? If its worth it I will try and get the membership tomorrow.

My Alamo rate for a Standard (full size) at MCO is now down to 142.68 for 5/14-5/21. Would love to see it come down even more before next Wednesday but not counting on it.:furious:

Question I'm hoping someone can answer.
I won a bid on Priceline. We have a mid sized car for 7 nights for 200.00 with taxes and fees etc.
can I bring a coupon to upgrade when we pick up the car? Or, are you locked in if you get the car through Priceline?

Thanks

We picked up a car at budget today. I was 200 for May 7, noon, to 5pm on May 14th. We are fast break members and I went to the counter. I had an small suv reserved and she gave me a minivan for the same price :). Happy girl!

I have a car reserved at budget through Costco. I joined fast break so that I didn't have to wait in line. Will I still need to go to the counter or do they have some sort of kiosk?

Question I'm hoping someone can answer.
I won a bid on Priceline. We have a mid sized car for 7 nights for 200.00 with taxes and fees etc.
can I bring a coupon to upgrade when we pick up the car? Or, are you locked in if you get the car through Priceline?

Thanks

No coupons to upgrade with priceline, you are locked into the car you bid on.

You may have a chance to pay for an upgrade, but don't count on it.

Hotwire having great rates right now for my dates. Not as low as i booked them, but economy cars are 5 bucks a day.
This is happening RIGHT NOW

Was just checking Alamo for May 28th - June 3rd, and the rates are low , so go check them now !!!!!!

my rates for may 21 to june 3rd went sky high today! now over 300.00 some 400.00 . i will be sticking with my 246

Right now at Alamo for a mid size car for May 28th through June 3rd its $92.50 a week or $159.97 out the door! The prices on car are pretty good , but not so much on SUV's.

I see Alamo for a 1 week rental beginning 5/28 w/the upgrade @ those rates too, they have dropped a lot. Problem is I need an 11 day rental and the add on daily rate brings it up to $218.42 for a standard...exactly the same rate I booked quite a while ago lol.

oh well, there's still almost 3 more weeks of potential price drops!

:drive:Just put in a bid with Priceline for $12 a day for 5/15-5/20 and it was excepted. We have a full rental from Avis for a total of 109.60 :cool1: That saved me $50 over the midsize rental I had with Alamo. I so now I have a bigger car for less :) I maybe should have put in $10 LOL

I have a car reserved at budget through Costco. I joined fast break so that I didn't have to wait in line. Will I still need to go to the counter or do they have some sort of kiosk?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

You can go directly to the parking garage if you have Fastbreak. I think you're technically supposed to have your number on your reservation. But we didn't one time and they still helped us in the garage. It is much faster than going to the main Budget counter in the airport!

You can go directly to the parking garage if you have Fastbreak. I think you're technically supposed to have your number on your reservation. But we didn't one time and they still helped us in the garage. It is much faster than going to the main Budget counter in the airport!

Thank you! That is what I was hoping. I do have my # on my reservation so I should be good to go. Thanks again. I normally use Alamo and am used to their procedures, but my budget Costco rate is so cheap that I wanted to give them a try.

My rental went down by about $36 today on Costco through Budget. I used the BCD Code W852875 and MUGZ061 ($40 off) and got my rate for 8 days Full size to $192 all in. It was $228 when I checked it yesterday. (This rental is in PHX, not MCO.) I got the codes off the Costco site but rented through the Budget site.

I am still keeping my National reservation for $238 with the KLM code to see if we can get a minivan/SUV on the Emerald Aisle, but if not, I'm really happy with the $192. The rate was only like $88. PHX has crazy taxes!!!

Can anyone use the COSTCO codes, or do you have to present a membership ID to rent the car from Budget?

Can anyone use the COSTCO codes, or do you have to present a membership ID to rent the car from Budget?

You're supposed to be a member of Costco to use their codes. However, I've rented a couple times from Budget and 10+ times from Alamo with a Costco code and I've never been asked for my membership card. I guess you'll have to decide if it's worth the risk - they may force you into a much more expensive rental if you can't prove you're a member. I initially joined Costco because I saved well over the $50 annual fee on a car rental using their code.

In order to be eligible you need to be a member of Costco to get a Costco rate. As to whether or not Budget will ask to see your membership ID is anyone's guess. For me personally I do not use a code I am not eligible for; not worth the angst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter