~* May 2014 *~ I'm going, are you?!

I read on another site that the Matterhorn refurbishment has been pushed back to 8/25-11/13. The May dates are not on the map anymore so it could be true?! Consider it a rumor until it's official, but someone had emailed Disney and that was the information Disney had responded with...

Sign me up for May as well!

Heading there May 19 - May 30 staying at the Red Lion!

Anyone have ideas of what the early Fridays and Mondays crowds will look like? I know Saturday and Sunday are busy, but we can only do an extended weekend. Hoping that Friday and Monday are lighter....but still just happy to be going to my happy place!

Anyone have ideas of what the early Fridays and Mondays crowds will look like? I know Saturday and Sunday are busy, but we can only do an extended weekend. Hoping that Friday and Monday are lighter....but still just happy to be going to my happy place!

I believe Mondays will be lighter crowds than Friday..... At least I know Monday May 12th is predicted to be lighter than Friday May 9th....

One thing to consider is even though Fridays are typically more crowded than Mondays is that the hours are going to be longer so you still might get more bang for your buck if you pick Friday.

We will be there May 18-22nd. My brother wanted to plan a trip and he really had to twist my arm! It will be me, DH, DD (2), my brother and my parents. We'll be staying at Desert Palms Hotel but I must confess, the Disney resort discounts with the Orbitz discount is looking mighty tempting! Our last trip in September we stayed at DLH so it's going to be tough to go back to offsite!

I'll be three months pregnant on this trip. DH and I are big on rides so since I'll be limited on this trip, I'm looking forward to enjoying the food at the parks the most!

My DD and I will be arriving on May 7 and originally supposed to leave on May 11. But we may stay one extra day so we can spend mother's day at DLR. This is my DD first time and we are also celebrating her 4th B-day as well. I havent been to DL since 1991 so it's almost like my first time too. We will be driving from CA central valley.

I am kinda bummed about POC and IASMW being closed as well as Alice in Wonderland. But I figure there is so much more to see we will be ok

May 26 and 27! I graduate from high school on the 23rd, and me and my best friend are heading down soon after! We aren't actually going for the grad nights, just a brief two-day celebration. It'll be my 6th trip to DL, and I'm eager to graduate only so I can go to DL again! It'll also be my first trip without any parents or grandparents, just me and my best friend! Only two short more months!!!!! :woohoo:

We're down to 24 days!! We started planning this trip last July so I can't believe it's almost here!

We are flying in May 24th from San Francisco to do the VIP Tour the 25th. Staying at GCH. I was unaware of all the refurbs/closures but hoping the kids being able to ride RSR a few times will make up for it. :confused3 Our kids are 2, 3, and 6 so they won't care about the Matterhorn, Pirates, or Space Mountain closures, but IASW is going to be a hard one for them to swallow.

Any advice on what to ask our "Plaid" to include in our itinerary?

She said we do get to do the private 1912 Lounge in DCA since Club 33 is closed.

just found this thread and excited to post about our trip!

dates: may 10-16
stay: Carousel Inn and Suites (never stayed here before)

We are from the Vancouver, BC area and are DL vets as well as AP holders so we head town 2-3 times a year -- i was just there on a solo trip at the end of Feb and am now excited to go back with my family!

Since we are going to be there over Mothers Day (just like we did in 2013) i was wanting to book a special dinner so I booked the Blue Bayou BUT now realized POTC is down -- not sure if my special dinner will be so special anymore since watching the boats go by is a highlight of the meal

FYI -- Plaza Inn will open on May 16 from its refurb

I really wanted to do the Minnie and Friends breakfast since it was closed I didnt' think I was going to get a chance on this trip but it opens the day we fly home......:cool1:

Hi!

We just planned a very last minute (by my standards :) ) trip and will be in Disneyland May 5-10th.
It's my first visit and I'm soaking up as much information as possible.
I took over a year to plan our November 2013 trip to WDW so I'm feeling a little rushed and stressed as I try to learn everything I can about DLR in 24 days!

Looking forward to following along with this thread for the final few days of our count down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter