** May 2020 Check In **

Everyone has been added! Please let me know if I accidentally missed your post.

The announcement went out that Avengers Campus will be opening on July 18th, so I've removed it from the May calendar. @DellyHoliday was also nice enough to update us all that WOC's refurb has been extended through 5/4, reopening on 5/5, so I've updated the date in the first post.

We’re going 5/2-4. The CM on dining reservation told me WOC refurb is extended to 5/5 😭. Our original dates were 4/27-29 but I moved the dates even though the weekend crowd is worse, to see WOC... I’m so sad

Thank you for the update! I totally feel your pain. WOC is my #1 favorite show. I would also be devastated to find out it wouldn't be playing, especially after rescheduling once already so you wouldn't miss it. Big hug!

Everyone has been added! Please let me know if I accidentally missed your post.

The announcement went out that Avengers Campus will be opening on July 18th, so I've removed it from the May calendar. @DellyHoliday was also nice enough to update us all that WOC's refurb has been extended through 5/4, reopening on 5/5, so I've updated the date in the first post.

Thank you for the update! I totally feel your pain. WOC is my #1 favorite show. I would also be devastated to find out it wouldn't be playing, especially after rescheduling once already so you wouldn't miss it. Big hug!

Thanks for continuously updating the thread with new info. I've ran a similar thread to this before and its alot more work than I thought so I definitely appreciate the work you are putting into it ;)

I am really hoping we are good to go May 9 to 17th. Also hoping this means they will extend Soaring over California.
Oooh. I hadn't thought of that. Really hoping that we can still go May 13 - 17 (but knowing there is a good chance that we can't). If they extend Soarin' Over California, I will be so happy!

Do you think that everyone whose trips are being cancelled will reschedule for May?
My personal feeling is that the rest of the year will be busy in general from the spring break crowd rescheduling, but it should be spread out over several months. Not everyone has the flexibility to come as soon as May, so everyone who plans to reschedule for this year will fit it in when they can. I actually see a lot more people rescheduling for July, August and October in order to see Avengers Campus.

Do you think that everyone whose trips are being cancelled will reschedule for May?

I would think that most won’t be able to reschedule for as early as May. School closures will likely begin to eat into their surplus hours of educational time requirements thus it may be hard for any parents to take their kids out of school in May, especially so close to the end of the school year. International travelers may have a much harder time to reschedule/rebook for May due to cost, time, travel bans, etc. I could be completely wrong on all of this though!

From what I'm seeing, lots of people are rescheduling (the ones who are able to, anyway) for summer. Some are aiming for later in summer when they think the kids will be out of school if there are make up days/weeks. Some want earlier, like June, to avoid Avengers Campus crowds. A few are rescheduling for Halloween Time or Holiday Time.

Well, initially I was supposed to be there March 30-April 2nd, but that's off... so, I rebooked for May 6-12. Staying at Motel 6.

We are tentatively booked for May 10-14th at Grand Legacy after canceling our March 23-26th trip. It kinda depends on school schedules and such :)

I’m still trying to remain optimistic for my first week of May plans but considering that the CDC just released recommendations that gatherings should be no more than 50 people over the next 8 weeks, my optimism is starting to run a little low.

They did state that it is only recommendations and that they do leave the ultimate decisions up to the local state and county officials for formal rulings but you have to think that if the CDC is saying this, we may be in for a long haul of a closure unless people start taking this more seriously and the infection rate can be curbed in the coming weeks.

We just booked for May 9-15th at Grand Californian. We were originally going to watch our son run in the Boston Marathon but that was postponed. So Disneyland here we come!
Well, initially I was supposed to be there March 30-April 2nd, but that's off... so, I rebooked for May 6-12. Staying at Motel 6.
We are tentatively booked for May 10-14th at Grand Legacy after canceling our March 23-26th trip. It kinda depends on school schedules and such :)
I definitely feel for all of you who had to change your original plans, but I'm so glad you're able to join us here in the May group! I've added your dates to the list!

I’m still trying to remain optimistic for my first week of May plans but considering that the CDC just released recommendations that gatherings should be no more than 50 people over the next 8 weeks, my optimism is starting to run a little low.

They did state that it is only recommendations and that they do leave the ultimate decisions up to the local state and county officials for formal rulings but you have to think that if the CDC is saying this, we may be in for a long haul of a closure unless people start taking this more seriously and the infection rate can be curbed in the coming weeks.
Yeah, my heart dropped when I saw the CDC's recommendations, but like you, I've decided to remain optimistic. Things are changing quickly every day, so I'm hoping once we hit the peak, things will start changing for the better equally fast. I may be overly optimistic, but planning a Disney trip keeps me happy while I'm stuck indoors.:flower1:

We've cancelled our May trip :( While we aren't sure how long the closures will last, I've got health issues, and I'd rather stay healthy.... Thinking of rescheduling to September, but not completely sure yet.

We've cancelled our May trip :( While we aren't sure how long the closures will last, I've got health issues, and I'd rather stay healthy.... Thinking of rescheduling to September, but not completely sure yet.
I'm sorry you had to cancel, but I think you made the right decision if you have underlying health issues. We do not have underlying health issues, and are scheduled 5/10-16, but are seriously considering canceling. My daughter is in college, this trip was going to be the first week she was finished, so our options are limited, but I think I am going to try to make reservations for another time just to have them and then we can decide closer to May what we are going to do. This situation is changing on a daily, sometimes hourly basis.

Sorry you've had to cancel your trip...I agree, safety comes first. Big hug! I hope your September trip works out! I haven't had a chance to make it to DL for Halloween, but someday the dates will work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter