• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2022 Car Rental Thread (didn't see one yet)...

I rented with UT last May and had a back up reservation just in case. With UT, you are unable to link your Fastbreak number so you can't go directly to the garage. I tried everything including sending my adult son to the garage when we got there but they will NOT link a Fastbreak number ahead of time to a 3rd party reservation. The line for the budget desk was approximately 100 people long. I don't know how quickly it would have moved but I only waited about 15 minutes before I used my backup Avis (straight to garage) reservation instead and got a refund on my UT reservation. I was a bit worried that the refund wouldn't work since it was so close to reservation time but I did eventually get it. I have heard from others that the UT reservation is valid and there are no issues providing you don't mind waiting if there is a line.

My next trip is 5/30-6/8. Looking at $700 right now so I may have to resort to UT again. I am also looking at Turo but those initial fees are deceiving. It gives you an approximate total but when you go to book, they add on about $100 in fees. Still would be cheaper (I can get a car with good reviews for just under $500). Still contemplating. :)
I have it attached to my Fastbreak. I just went to the site afterwards. Had to add drivers license and credit card info. Have seen some posts that you can go to the booth. They have your paperwork up on the board just like Dollar does. I can't even imagine a car rental line 100 deep :eek:...sounds like a nightmare.

I have it attached to my Fastbreak. I just went to the site afterwards. Had to add drivers license and credit card info. Have seen some posts that you can go to the booth. They have your paperwork up on the board just like Dollar does. I can't even imagine a car rental line 100 deep :eek:...sounds like a nightmare.
Good to hear! Maybe I will give it another try for my May/June trip.

I had a budget car rental yesterday at MCO thru UT and have Fastbreak. Did not try to link it to Fastbreak ahead of time. Saw an hour plus line at the counter and went to the garage to try the Fastbreak window and was able to convince them to take me by showing my Fastbreak account# in the Budget app.

I had a budget car rental yesterday at MCO thru UT and have Fastbreak. Did not try to link it to Fastbreak ahead of time. Saw an hour plus line at the counter and went to the garage to try the Fastbreak window and was able to convince them to take me by showing my Fastbreak account# in the Budget app.

Did you just pull up your UT reservation in the app and show them? I can't see a way to link it to my Fastbreak but I can pull it up in the app.

Did you just pull up your UT reservation in the app and show them? I can't see a way to link it to my Fastbreak but I can pull it up in the app.
No, I just showed them my account profile in the Budget app which had my Fastbreak # displayed.

I just had a bait and switch for a Budget rental through Costco. The rate for a midsize car dropped to $458, but when I finalized the reservation, it rose to $511. The $458 isn’t what I want to pay yet, but I always book a new reservation as the rate goes down.

Agreed. I’ll stand in a line to save $500.
My current rental is less than $500, picking up at a hotel near Universal and driving to MCO to pick up DH for 6 days. I could probably save $100 or so by taking a rideshare to the airport and standing in line at the Budget counter, totally not worth it to me.

I just had a bait and switch for a Budget rental through Costco. The rate for a midsize car dropped to $458, but when I finalized the reservation, it rose to $511. The $458 isn’t what I want to pay yet, but I always book a new reservation as the rate goes down.

I think it is a bug, I found a good deal too (April), but then it goes away when the final booking happens, What I noticed was that the issue is with how taxes are shown. If you click on the "show details" you will notice the rental amount is the same, the taxes drops significantly when they show the initial amount, after the final booking the site shows the "correct" tax.

We’ve been driving to WDW for our last few trips, but thinking of flying for our May/June trip. Thinking outside the box, we are thinking of doing two one way rentals. One for arriving, with a Publix run in there before dropping off at CCC. Then pick up one the day before we fly home. I would rather not do this. On a side note, do coupons for National Or Alamo even exist anymore?

Just wanted to let people know that today were the lowest rates I have seen at Alamo for May 10-15

Just wanted to let people know that today were the lowest rates I have seen at Alamo for May 10-15
I saw that too! Still need it to drop quite a bit to match UCTs rate (although I’d be willing to pay more to be able to use Costco rate so I can skip the counter!!)

Another drop on Costco today -- my mini van is down to $608 for 5/14-5/21. I have a UCT booked, but really want to avoid waiting in long lines as I'm sure the lines are only getting longer with more people resorting to using UCT for the price difference.

I decided against using UCT Budget car rental and canceled the Paid Reservation last week. I received a confirmation that the cancellation was submitted, however, I still have not received a refund and my UCT account still shows an active Budget reservation. It's been 9 days so far. UCT customer service gives differing reasons for this, saying it either takes 24-48 hrs or 8-10 days for a refund.

I decided against using UCT Budget car rental and canceled the Paid Reservation last week. I received a confirmation that the cancellation was submitted, however, I still have not received a refund and my UCT account still shows an active Budget reservation. It's been 9 days so far. UCT customer service gives differing reasons for this, saying it either takes 24-48 hrs or 8-10 days for a refund.
I had to change my original UCT reservation b/c my flight was changed and it was credited back within a few days onto my credit card. Good luck!

I’m trying to get mine canceled as well. I started the process 5 days ago.

When I cancel a UCT car rental prepaid - do I cancel via Budget Rental Car (etc) or UCT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter