May 2022 Car Rental Thread (didn't see one yet)...

When I cancel a UCT car rental prepaid - do I cancel via Budget Rental Car (etc) or UCT
I started a Chat on UCT webpage and requested a cancelation. They put me on hold a few minutes and then said the cancelation through Budget was requested and refund will be available in a couple days.

Alamo dropped $60 yesterday for my mid-size SUV - 5/11 to 5/18 vacation. Used Costco.

Anyone seeing coupons for Alamo? My Costco rate is down ($671 if you can call that 'down', lol)--but seeing zero coupons available?

Anyone seeing coupons for Alamo? My Costco rate is down ($671 if you can call that 'down', lol)--but seeing zero coupons available?
If you scroll near to the bottom of the Alamo main page, you will see an offer for a Free Upgrade and a couple others

When the price lowers and you rebook, do you cancel the original reservation? I always have, but now, I can't. When I tried to cancel through Alamo, they told me I had to cancel through my third party vendor. But Undercover Tourist wouldn't cancel it. Should I be concerned about having two reservations, or do other people just rebook without canceling?

I wasn’t planning on getting a rental car, but I think we’ll need need one for the ecv rented for my mom. I booked a standard SUV from Avis through Costco for $596 on Monday and today it was down $60 to $526. It is cheaper through UT, but I can’t bring myself to prepay for the rental.

And, I was just able to get a Standard SUV through Hertz via Priceline through Autoslash for $434 for May 13 - 21. That's what I paid for the 3rd week in Feb for one less day.

Last edited:
When the price lowers and you rebook, do you cancel the original reservation? I always have, but now, I can't. When I tried to cancel through Alamo, they told me I had to cancel through my third party vendor. But Undercover Tourist wouldn't cancel it. Should I be concerned about having two reservations, or do other people just rebook without canceling?
UT is prepaid, so you would need to cancel to get your money back. Why wouldn't UT cancel?

It’s preferable that you use the link sometimes at the top of this page. That way the DIS gets credit for it.

I'm seeing some amazing deals using undercover tourist for car rentals in the last half of May. For 2 weeks I can get a full size car for $525 or standard suv for $728.

My party consists of 2 adults and three small children age 3, 6 and 9. Besides having a car seat do you think a Full Size car would be ok, or should I do either a standard or intermediate suv? I think we'd have at most 2 checked and 1 carryon bag.

When you rent a care thru UT can you skip the counter if you are a member at Budget? If you can't skip the line, do you have to wait in the line in the terminal or can you go to the parking garage to their booth out there?

When you rent a care thru UT can you skip the counter if you are a member at Budget? If you can't skip the line, do you have to wait in the line in the terminal or can you go to the parking garage to their booth out there?

There have been mixed results on skipping the counter. I wasn’t able to add my CC# when I did online check-in, but the counter agent said I could’ve gone to the garage kiosk to add it. I’ve read that some were able to skip the counter while others were not.

Finally some movement on my 6 day rental picking up at Universal and returning at MCO. Through Costco, down from 453 to 391. Hoping for more drops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter