• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2022 Car Rental Thread (didn't see one yet)...

Our 10 day rental dropped from $717 to $535 for a midsize SUV. We could have saved "only $100 instead of almost $200 by switching to National.

I’ve been waiting to see if Costco rates dropped as we get closer to our dates. Unfortunately, they’ve been hovering around the same level. I decided not to wait any longer and booked through Undercover Tourist, where the rates have been at least $150 lower. We now have a midsize SUV, which we got for $330 plus a ticket cost.

I cannot believe Costco rates are still so high. I booked with UCT but would switch if Costco comes down enough. Crazy prices this year!

I haven't found anything better than the Hertz $421 for 9 days for a standard SUV. I keep checking, but it's all going up not down. I'm at 31 days and I don't see it getting better - only worse.

Costco/Alamo had a drop today for my trip on a mini van (5/14-21). However, it' still $150 more than UCT/Budget -- but at least it went down. Hopefully it keeps moving in the right direction!

Well it's not my Orlando rental but a 2 day weekend rental (Costco, Alamo) out of Atlanta in 2 weeks dropped $50 this morning. Still hoping for a mid-May drop.

4 day early may just dropped on Costco…217 Budget intermediate
Well that gives me some hope for my 6 day mid-May rental to drop. Currently the cheapest is to pick up at an off-site hotel near Universal, drop off at MCO. I have tried changing to pick-up and drop off at MCO, more expensive. I tried changing it to a full weekly rental, more expensive.

Hi all! It had been a couple years since my last visit to MCO...and when I went looking for car discount codes for my Aug 2021 trip, I saw lots of you talking about UCT. So... how does that work? Do I have to purchase a ticket through them? (I'm actually contemplating getting an annual pass to that other park because my BFF recently moved to MCO so I can go visit often & not need a hotel.) I had tried looking at rates on UCT, but they were MUCH higher than other places I looked.

Thanks for your help to explain to me!
popcorn::

Hi all! It had been a couple years since my last visit to MCO...and when I went looking for car discount codes for my Aug 2021 trip, I saw lots of you talking about UCT. So... how does that work? Do I have to purchase a ticket through them? (I'm actually contemplating getting an annual pass to that other park because my BFF recently moved to MCO so I can go visit often & not need a hotel.) I had tried looking at rates on UCT, but they were MUCH higher than other places I looked.

Thanks for your help to explain to me!
popcorn::

Discounts don’t show until you’ve put a ticket in your basket. It can be something as small as an AMC drink ticket. I have a rental for a Budget intermediate SUV for $330. Comparable rentals at Costco have been $500+. The only thing is it’s a prepay rental, so you pay for it now.

Discounts don’t show until you’ve put a ticket in your basket. It can be something as small as an AMC drink ticket. I have a rental for a Budget intermediate SUV for $330. Comparable rentals at Costco have been $500+. The only thing is it’s a prepay rental, so you pay for it now.
Thank you! It is a prepay ticket... but you can cancel w/ no charges. I did purchase a ticket and the car rental price was the absolute lowest I found in the 60 minutes (?? probably more!) scouring for codes and deals! I appreciate your help!

Hertz is running a special today and combined with my AAA I was able to book a mid size sedan 3-10 for $347

I still haven't gotten below Hertz $421 for a standard SUV for 5/13-21, but I got close today with $428.

My flight times changed...arriving an hour earlier...will my car rental be okay? Can't remember the grace period for pickup and drop-off. Thanks

My Alamo 5/11-5/21 dropped over $100 today with Costco code!!!

Our Budget rental with Costco just dropped in half!!

Any cons to booking with Costco? I'm not part of any loyalty program and have heard nightmare stories about the long lines at the rental counters.

We are looking to rent in Fort Lauderdale and dropping off at Port Canaveral for a day.

My flight times changed...arriving an hour earlier...will my car rental be okay? Can't remember the grace period for pickup and drop-off. Thanks
Ive come in early with Alamo but only by 30 minutes or so. My upcoming trip the flight lands at 9:38a so I have my rental at 10:30a. It usually takes us that long to navigate deplaning, bathrooms and luggage

Costco rates have been dropping daily for my upcoming trip 5/23-6/2 so keep checking everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter