May hours shortened

Penny McMouse

Mouseketeer
We’ll be there the week of May 22nd and closing time for Islands has changed from 9pm down to 8pm. Does this mean they are looking at lower ticket sales for that time and so possibly smaller crowds? Or am I reading into something that isn’t really there.

Same time we are going...yeah, it would be nice to get in some night rides...bummer.

We’ll be there the week of May 22nd and closing time for Islands has changed from 9pm down to 8pm. Does this mean they are looking at lower ticket sales for that time and so possibly smaller crowds? Or am I reading into something that isn’t really there.
OI Meetup happening around that time announced their private event was getting an extra hour exclusive to themselves.

Closing early likely just means giving private events more private time and thus being able to charge more and/or keep guests happiest. Helps clear the queues out for private events as well.

What is OI Meet up? Will this make the park more crowded?

We are going for the first time May 28-June1. Is the 8pm and 9pm closings not normal? Sorry our first trip, so I just assumed they closed earlier than Disney.

What is OI Meet up? Will this make the park more crowded?

We are going for the first time May 28-June1. Is the 8pm and 9pm closings not normal? Sorry our first trip, so I just assumed they closed earlier than Disney.
The OI meetup is a special ticketed after hours even sponsored by Orlando Informer website. It is June 2 and 3 so shouldn't affect you. I have seen the parks open until 10 PM during busier times, but 9 is fairly standard.

I was disappointed they took away hours, too. I didn't know they'd do that. By the time we finish dinner we might not even be able to go back into the park. At least if the crowds are low, we may not need more time anyway. Still feels a little unfair for them to do that at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter