May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 30: The Walt Disney World Thrill Ride Tour – The Beta Test

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
May 30, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)

Today is the Walt Disney World thrill ride tour. Why did I do it? One time, I wanted to try to visit all four parks in one day. I wrote down the attractions that I wanted to go on and most of them were thrill rides. Then, in a chat about the DIS Convention, we were discussing convention meets. I brought up a thrill ride tour, where we ride every thrill ride at the parks. Linda thought it was a good idea and suddenly, I was in charge of it!

As I was planning the tour, I was worried that we couldn’t do it. I was planning on starting at a park’s opening and finishing at the Tower of Terror ERT at 8:00 pm on November 29. What if we couldn’t do all the thrill rides? My reputation was on the line. I decided to test it before making further plans. Granted, the crowds may be lower in November, but even with the parks at capacity, if I could finish the tour by 8:00 pm, I could do it at any other time of the year.

The rides that I planned to hit were:

Epcot: Test Track, Body Wars
Magic Kingdom: Barnstormer, Mad Tea Party, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain
Animal Kingdom: Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur
Disney-MGM Studios: Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours

I decided to do things a little differently than what I had planned on for the convention. I would start at a park and end up at the Rock N Roller Coaster in Disney-MGM Studios for the last ride. I decided to start at Epcot and be at the front gates by 8:30.

I decided to stay on course and not be derailed like yesterday. I would only go on the rides on my list. There would be no waiting in the Hall of Presidents for a Fast Pass. The only wait I would consider is a stop for lunch.

I woke up at around 6:30 and headed to breakfast at 7:00. The hotel had a continental breakfast in their special breakfast room. The front desk clerk told me about it at check-in, but she never mentioned the price. I did not see the price in any hotel literature around the room. I was too lazy to hunt for breakfast on my own, so I decided to go to it. I entered the room and no one was there to collect the money. It was free! The breakfast had pastries, bagels, toast, croissants, and a waffle-making machine. I had enough food to my heart’s content. I made a waffle. It was a big, but rather tasteless, waffle.

I ate until I was full, checked out, and headed to Epcot. I used the same route as yesterday.

Anxious to know if you were successful! :)

Barry, I am liking this! What hotel were you at?
Looking forward to more!:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter