May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 42: Cedar Point

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
Part 42: Cedar Point – The Night I Fell in Love with Millennium Force

June 1, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)

I went to Millennium Force. The line was pretty long. It stretched from the entrance, down part of Frontiertown, curved around, went down beside the train tracks to the train crossing area. The line looked like it was 30 minutes long and ERT was going to occur in about 20 minutes. The line was let in and I was on the train in about 15 minutes.

I sat in the middle of the train. I sat beside a guy who must have rode the coaster many times. As the train went up, I wasn’t anticipating much from this ride. I thought that this would be my last Millennium Force ride of my visit. I fell in love with Millennium Force as the train dropped down the first drop.

Does going down 300 feet at an 80-degree angle sound scary or fun? If you said fun, then you know how I felt. I felt like I was rising out of the seat! The coaster was faster than in the morning and the airtime was great! When the train finally stopped, I said, “WOW!” It was a better ride in the dark!

I knew I had to ride it again. I got the second row this time. I almost got the front row, but two people ahead of me got it. The park doesn’t let you wait for any seat. They just point you in the direction to the next empty seat. The front seat guys were cheering for the little metal thing to come down. The metal thing is what pulls the train up and over the lift hill. It then comes back down for the next train. When I ride Millennium Force, I like to look to the left for the great view of Lake Erie. I wish I could’ve taken a photo, but park rules say that you can’t take photos on rides. Then I have to look forward for 93 mph of fun!

After Millennium Force, I headed to Magnum. It was a walk-on. The queue was deserted! I thought that Magnum would be a different ride at night. It was just as painful. I like the first part and the pretzel twist, but the bunny hops hurt my ankles! If you like torture, ride Mean Streak and Magnum all day. You might come out of the park all bandaged up.

That was enough coastering for me today. I headed back to my Breakers room, hung out, and eventually fell asleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter