May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 44: Back to Columbus, Ohio

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
June 2, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)

I headed to Paramount King’s Island. I headed down I-270 and stopped at the post office that I marked before. I passed Columbus and I was sure that I would make it to the park. Then it started to pour. I tried to drive some more, but after a few exits, I had to stop.

I pulled over for some gas and there were pools of water all around the pumps. I had to jump my way around to get to the pump. I decided not to go to PKI and I headed back to Columbus instead.

I decided to stay in Columbus for two nights, since we were planning on a DIS meet at the Columbus Zoo the next day. I had gotten the TownPlace Suites by the airport off Priceline. I got it for $25 a night. I had used my Mapquest.com directions to find the place. TownPlace Suites was the only place where I had to sit down to check in. I’ve never encountered that, not even at the Breakers or Portifino Bay! You would think that if you paid over $100 for a room, you’d get to at least have a seat instead of leaning against a counter!

I got my room and it was very nice. There was a kitchen, a sofa, a good-sized bathroom, and a bed. Sometimes I’m amazed at the hotels I get off Priceline. You would assume that cheap hotels would be wall-to-wall roaches. For $25, this is a bargain! I would hate to see what the rack rates are at the place.

At this point of the trip, I didn’t want to see another burger. Since I had a kitchen, I decided to buy some groceries. I looked in the phone book and Kroger’s seemed to be the closest. I didn’t want to go to some faraway place and get lost on the way back. Kroger’s prices seemed a little higher than what I was used to in Florida. I noticed that they offered a discount card and there were plenty of card markdowns. I wondered if they jacked up the prices a bit so the discount card is the “real” price. Maybe I was being too suspicious.

I went back to the room and made myself a sandwich as I watched the Cartoon Network. I’ve never seen so many ads for Six Flags World of Adventure and Wyanaot Lake. I also worked on some postcards. I then fell asleep.

Tomorrow is the DIS meet at the Columbus Zoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter