May/June 2021 rental rates

No go with UT either. (Much easier getting through to CS!). They told me that we'd have to cancel with them and rebook directly with Budget.

I'm not sure I want to spend $400-600 more...I'm probably just going to keep checking prices with Costco and directly with other companies and if they don't come down (the type of vehicle we need are sold out with Budget for our dates so doubtful there), we'll take our chances and hopefully at 11 a.m. the line isn't *too* long.

It's unfortunate our 6-something a.m. flight was changed to 8:30 lol

For those who have a reservation with Avis, I have a 13 day rental starting on Sunday and was just able to rebook it and save about $200. So you may want to check your rates!

I have a prepaid Budget reservation through UT for a minivan 6/15-20 and this morning was able to find a full size SUV rental directly through Thrifty for about $40 less AND linked to the Blue Chip account so we can head right to the garage. I think the minivan may have a bit more space for 7 adults but not sure if I want to take the chance with having to deal with Budget after the reviews I've seen.

I have a prepaid Budget reservation through UT for a minivan 6/15-20 and this morning was able to find a full size SUV rental directly through Thrifty for about $40 less AND linked to the Blue Chip account so we can head right to the garage. I think the minivan may have a bit more space for 7 adults but not sure if I want to take the chance with having to deal with Budget after the reviews I've seen.
Thanks I'm going to take a look at our dates too since we arrive a few days later. We don't have a membership there but might be worth it!

For those who have a reservation with Avis, I have a 13 day rental starting on Sunday and was just able to rebook it and save about $200. So you may want to check your rates!
Did you book directly or go with Costco or somewhere else? did you use a code?

Just got back from Orlando, and had a rental confirmed with Avis using the code that has been shared on here. I wasn't sure it would work since I'm not an employee. We were staying at DoubleTree SeaWorld and needed a 1 way rental from Orlando to Tampa with lots of luggage. I had a rental minivan booked for $156 Thursday morning picking up at their Landstreet location- Sunday evening dropping off at the Tampa airport. I am preferred but they only do skip the counter at the airport. But since I am preferred they just printed out everything and handed me the keys. They did not have a minivan but they had a Durango so I took it. the code I had was for a one way rental with unlimited mileage, and everything went smoothly! No questions asked, and my card was processed for the amount I booked it for. Saved so much money!

Just got back from Orlando, and had a rental confirmed with Avis using the code that has been shared on here. I wasn't sure it would work since I'm not an employee. We were staying at DoubleTree SeaWorld and needed a 1 way rental from Orlando to Tampa with lots of luggage. I had a rental minivan booked for $156 Thursday morning picking up at their Landstreet location- Sunday evening dropping off at the Tampa airport. I am preferred but they only do skip the counter at the airport. But since I am preferred they just printed out everything and handed me the keys. They did not have a minivan but they had a Durango so I took it. the code I had was for a one way rental with unlimited mileage, and everything went smoothly! No questions asked, and my card was processed for the amount I booked it for. Saved so much money!
Is there a thread where the code is shared? I know it can be a tossup whether it will work or they
will ask for work id.

UT with Budget went perfectly today! We got there about 10 am and just beat a rush. Was worried since we needed a minivan this time (usually we can book whatever). They had an exact car/parking spot waiting for us.

UT with Budget went perfectly today! We got there about 10 am and just beat a rush. Was worried since we needed a minivan this time (usually we can book whatever). They had an exact car/parking spot waiting for us.
This is great news! Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a magical trip!! ::MickeyMo

thank you! We arrived early at MCO and had my son and parents went to get our luggage while I went to the Budget Fastbreak desk to get the car. The line had about six people which was a lot longer than I anticipated but the total wait was about 20 minutes. I was given a midsize SUV for my midsize reservation which I was happy about. By the time I got my car, my family came with the luggage and we were out of the airport in a total of 30 minutes.

Hi how early did you arrive? Im just trying gauge the waiting times if you come early.

This is great news! Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a magical trip!! ::MickeyMo
Thank you!! :) After AA canceling our flight at the late hour and a getting a last minute rental car / 13 hr ride to get here, UT rental going smooth was a HUGE relief!!! Lol

Thank you!! :) After AA canceling our flight at the late hour and a getting a last minute rental car / 13 hr ride to get here, UT rental going smooth was a HUGE relief!!! Lol
Oh wow 😱 you certainly deserved a smooth experience after that ordeal! 😄

Coming back to this thread since a lot of us discussed booking rentals with UT. Has anyone booked and prepaid for their rental, and then reached out to UT to modify that reservation? I'm wondering if they're able to change your reservation (different pickup location and different rental company) and charge you the difference in price, or if you'd have to cancel and rebook.

I'm also a little hesitant to reach out because I used the AMC popcorn trick to get the rental car discount 😅

Coming back to this thread since a lot of us discussed booking rentals with UT. Has anyone booked and prepaid for their rental, and then reached out to UT to modify that reservation? I'm wondering if they're able to change your reservation (different pickup location and different rental company) and charge you the difference in price, or if you'd have to cancel and rebook.

I'm also a little hesitant to reach out because I used the AMC popcorn trick to get the rental car discount 😅
I don't know about modifying, but I did call them about adding Fastbreak onto the reservation (Budget told me to) and they didn't say anything about my solo movie ticket :).

Just that they couldn't add the Fastbreak, lol.

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter