May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread - Part 2

Well, Ive decided NOT to let rain in Barcelona or Volcanic ash ruin my excitement!:cool1: Im still having problems printing off tags for my FE gifts but my wife is trouble shooting this while Im at work (she's the technical wizard of the family). Trying to figure out how best to get a 7 and 9 year old acclimated to the 6 hour time change and if anyone has suggestions from previous travels, let me know. We do arrive in Barcelona on Thursday morning and I hope we get a few hours sleep on the plane then stay up that night until 10 or 11 then try to go to sleep. I have been slowly moving their sleep times down a bit from 9pm to 8 pm here in the states so it is a little less of a jump. Heres our port plans:
1) Malta- I am scuba diving with crestadive centre while other 5 in party go to blue grotto.
2) Tunis- Disney bardo museum with kids then tunis on our own
3) Naples- Private excursion with limo in rome to pompeii (guide) and amalfi
4) Rome- Private excursion with limo in rome to rome and vatican (guide)
5) La Spezia- Private excursion with limo in rome to florence and piza
6) Corsica- NOT A FRIGGIN CLUE.
7) Villefranche- Private excursion with Revelation to Monte Carlo, Monaco, Eze

Here's to hoping the Barcelona forecast is as accurate as ours so typically are (wrong). Friday 64 degrees and raining. Perhaps I will add umbrella to the packing list.

I am curious about what people are doing at each port e.g. private, DCL, on your own, etc? If you are interested, please post your port excursion itinerary.

I promise I am truly interested and this is not only a shameless attempt to get closer to my final forum post guess (99) :)

Valletta - Private Tour (uPhotoMalta)
Tunis - DCL Jeep 4x4
Naples - Private Tour (Rudy's Touring Service)
La Spezia - Private Tour (Rudy's)
Civitavecchia - Private Tour (Rudy's)
Ajaccio - D-I-Y (Still no firm plans)
Villefranche - Private Tour (Dream Tours)

Villefranche - Going by train or bus to Monaco - walk the F1 circuit, see the sights. Head back to Villefranche and if we have time we will mooch around the old town/beach there.

My OH is desperate to go round the F1 circuit as well

I have been trying to research if there was a Bus or something that goes round it etc.. but don't seem to be able to find anything

Do you have any more information that you could share?

Thanks!

Emma[/QUOTE]

I've heard that there is a chap who owns 2 Ferrari F430's and you can do 1 lap of the Monaco circuit for 80Euros (takes about 15 minutes or so). I'm led to believe he is based near the swimming pool.

Well, Ive decided NOT to let rain in Barcelona or Volcanic ash ruin my excitement!:cool1: Im still having problems printing off tags for my FE gifts but my wife is trouble shooting this while Im at work (she's the technical wizard of the family). Trying to figure out how best to get a 7 and 9 year old acclimated to the 6 hour time change and if anyone has suggestions from previous travels, let me know. We do arrive in Barcelona on Thursday morning and I hope we get a few hours sleep on the plane then stay up that night until 10 or 11 then try to go to sleep. I have been slowly moving their sleep times down a bit from 9pm to 8 pm here in the states so it is a little less of a jump. Heres our port plans:
1) Malta- I am scuba diving with crestadive centre while other 5 in party go to blue grotto.
2) Tunis- Disney bardo museum with kids then tunis on our own
3) Naples- Private excursion with limo in rome to pompeii (guide) and amalfi
4) Rome- Private excursion with limo in rome to rome and vatican (guide)
5) La Spezia- Private excursion with limo in rome to florence and piza
6) Corsica- NOT A FRIGGIN CLUE.
7) Villefranche- Private excursion with Revelation to Monte Carlo, Monaco, Eze

Im sure your children will be fine!

I was worried about how my DS7 (6 at the time) would adjust when we went from the UK to WDW last year but he was absolutely fine!

He was awake for about 20hours on Travel Day. (Excitement must have taken over) Woke up early the next morning & just carried on as normal. Never complained about being tired once!

My OH is desperate to go round the F1 circuit as well

I have been trying to research if there was a Bus or something that goes round it etc.. but don't seem to be able to find anything

Do you have any more information that you could share?

Thanks!

Emma

I've heard that there is a chap who owns 2 Ferrari F430's and you can do 1 lap of the Monaco circuit for 80Euros (takes about 15 minutes or so). I'm led to believe he is based near the swimming pool.[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness - he would be having kittens if he heard this LOL!

Where did you hear about this? Can it be pre-booked?

I've heard that there is a chap who owns 2 Ferrari F430's and you can do 1 lap of the Monaco circuit for 80Euros (takes about 15 minutes or so). I'm led to believe he is based near the swimming pool.

Oh my goodness - he would be having kittens if he heard this LOL!

Where did you hear about this? Can it be pre-booked?[/QUOTE]

I read about it on the CruiseCritic forum a while back. There was talk that he is now based in Eze but others reported that he was still based at the swimming pool.

I'm not sure if you can pre-book it. I'm going to head to the swimming pool and if he's there, i'm going to try it.

I've been checking on our Air France flight. The past 3 nights (tonight included) it has departed DTW on time but has not arrived in Paris until almost 2 hours later than scheduled (due to having to fly around the ash). If it continues like this, we will miss our connection to Barcelona (we are scheduled 90 minutes between flights). It looks like Air France has several later flights from CDG to BCN. If it looks like they will continue with the 2hr longer flight time--I'll see about changing our connection at the airport in Detroit. Just hoping we make it with luggage and all.

Our Air France flight finally took off last night about an hour and a half late, which would make us miss our connection to BCN. I looked for today and the flight is already delayed to 9:15, about a 4 hour delay. I am not worried about getting to BCN. It looks like there are quite a few flights to BCN from CDG or Orly. It's the luggage I am worried about and also getting a seat next to my son if we are bumped to another flight. He has some food allergies that could be life threatening and needs me there. Which day are you flying in?

Malta - DCL Blue Grotto. Walk over to St. John's Co-Cathedral after the tour.
Tunis - DCL Sidi Bou Said & Carthage
Naples - private tour with Limo in Rome to Pompeii and Amalfi Coast
Civitavecchia - private tour with Limo in Rome to Rome
La Spezia - private tour with Limo in Rome to Pisa and Florence
Ajaccio - on our own. Walk around town then beach day.
Villefranche - on our own. Take train to Monaco/Monte Carlo. Take bus to Eze.

Malta - on our own. Hoping to get to Mdina in the morning and walk around Valetta in the pm
Tunis - DCL jeep excursion
Naples - DCL Mt. Vesuvius, Pompeii & wine tasting
Rome - on our own
Florence - DCL transport to/from town but exploring on our own
Corsica - DCL Les Calanches
Villefranche - planning on staying in town possibly a beach day but not counting on it.

We're also flying out of PHL Thursday evening and only have a 90 minute lay over in Heathrow before arriving in Barcelona. Delays could complicate things - may the rains wash this ash cloud away.

gg.leigh - We're also staying at the Novotel

Our Air France flight finally took off last night about an hour and a half late, which would make us miss our connection to BCN. I looked for today and the flight is already delayed to 9:15, about a 4 hour delay. I am not worried about getting to BCN. It looks like there are quite a few flights to BCN from CDG or Orly. It's the luggage I am worried about and also getting a seat next to my son if we are bumped to another flight. He has some food allergies that could be life threatening and needs me there. Which day are you flying in?

For a moment i thought your flight had taken off without you and then i realised you were comparing the equivalent flight on a different day. :scared1:

Gosh i need a a vacation :surfweb:

That would be marvellous if you could!:thumbsup2

Ok here's a scan of the map - the F1 circuit is highlighted in green. The start finish line is on Boulevard Albert I between the yellow 40 and red 1. The markings will still be on the road as its Monaco grand prix this weekend.

4594644693_1985f1d0e7_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1098/4594644693_1985f1d0e7_b.jpg

Which swimming pool is this? I presume my OH would need to take his Driving Licence to show presuming that we found this chap?

Ok here's a scan of the map - the F1 circuit is highlighted in green. The start finish line is on Boulevard Albert I between the yellow 40 and red 1. The markings will still be on the road as its Monaco grand prix this weekend.

4594644693_1985f1d0e7_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1098/4594644693_1985f1d0e7_b.jpg

That is fantastic!

I am printing it out as we speak

Thanks!

Here is the list of people that might be attending the fountain in Barcelona on May 14th.

First show is at 9 pm. Would be good to get there early - 8:15 to 8:30 pm. (Jeff has added this to the Dis Meets section on the website)

Let me know if I have missed you.

The Eurostar Grand Marnia group will be meeting at 7:30 PM in the lobby.

Sayhello (Eurostar)
Jeff Spencer
Tripodjw (Eurostar)
Pixiedust519
MPS516
Leelee9878
Nanaguide
Dawne577
BTH
Taras
AlohaJoe23
K8e
Pinmeister
Abird
Sarahgirl (Eurostar)
Jedijill
Pixiepal5 (Eurostar)
Kehonuamemano
Trampslady
dfsc

Hello All... Its official I have mentally checked out from work:rolleyes1
Kevin and I are going to try and meet up with everyone at the fountain...See you all soon.

Safe Travels

~Jamie

Hello All... Its official I have mentally checked out from work:rolleyes1
Kevin and I are going to try and meet up with everyone at the fountain...See you all soon.

Safe Travels

~Jamie

That's so weird i was just coming in here to say the same thing.

I am so totally not with it here at work.

I'm currently writing lists of what needs doing around the house, what still needs packing, what liquids i need to buy at Heathrow (once through security), what i need to buy in barcelona (drinks for taking on the ship).

We don't leave until Friday - and I am completely and utterly distracted. My poor trainee is not going to have half of hs draft letters back before i leave at this rate.

Ive just been reading the 5th May thread to see what they are up to !

There is talk of some people being asked for a $400 fuel surcharge at Barcelona !! Does anyone here know what it is about ?

Im going to look through my documents , perhaps ive paid it allready ?

I saw that too. It makes no sense. I think the person must have misunderstood what they were being asked. No one else on the 4/24 or 5/5 cruise has said anything resembling that comment and I know people would be speaking up if they were asked to pay a $400+ charge for anything.

Malta: DCL half day sightseeing-mild excursion (DH has a bad foot:sad2:)
Tunisia: DCL Medina & Carthage
Naples: DCL Mt Vesuvius hike (DH will wait for me @jeep)Pompeii, wine tasting
Civitavecchi: private tour of Rome highlights with all around Italy
La Spezia: private tour Uffizi gallery and Acedemia museum with guide, all around itay
Ajaccio: not sure yet
Villefranche: wanted to do the "Nice and Eze with wine and cheese", but the only time it was offered was 2pm, to 6pm, that cuts in to late with evening plans. So I think we're doing a DCL morining sightseeing tour.

We are leaving Friday night at 8pm from Boston, arriving in Munich (which was closed yesterday:confused3) at 930am Saturday then arriving in Barcelona 120pm. Here's hoping for no cancelations or delays. picksiedustpicksiedustpicksiedust:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter