May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread - Part 2

I'm at the Orlando airport all checked in and waiting for my flight on to Miami and then to JFK and then Barcelona!!! I'm meeting the rest of my family in JFK who are flying from St. Louis then DC then JFK. My suitcase was 44.5 pounds - not bad! My carryon that is on my back is 30 so I'm a little hunched over today!!

Safe travels everyone!

I hope they've already left St. Louis because the same storms that kept me from flying into Chicago are bearing down on St. Louis right now! :eek:

Good luck to everyone flying today - it seems no flights can just be easy anymore! Safe travels and see you all Saturday!

I hope they've already left St. Louis because the same storms that kept me from flying into Chicago are bearing down on St. Louis right now! :eek:

Yes I talked to them as they were boarding and they took of at 7:35 CT. What a mess you've had to deal with already this morning but glad it's working out for you and you're on your way! See ya at JFK!

Argh! I'm really stressing about packing. My suitcase is at a bit over 45 pounds, but my carryon is 25 pounds, and I think that's too much, so I'm going to probably have to re-distribute. And I have a LARGE purse with my meds and my iPad and all my pursey-kind of stuff (reading glasses, wallet, passport, etc) and it's HUGE and heavy. I think I'm going to give up on bringing all my meds in the original bottles. Has anyone ever been bugged about that? I was thinking of just transferring them to baggies or something... :confused: I have a week's worth in my pill case, but the other 11 days' worth is in the bottles. Man, I need to go to sleep, but I'm a little freaked here. Being picked up by the taxi at 10am for a 12:30 pm flight.

Ye gods, I wish I was already in Barcelona!!!

Safe Travels!

Sayhello
Your med's have to be in the original containers with the scrip on the bottle... please don't put them in plastic bags no good... the bottles go in a clear plastic zip lock bag. OK.. and you will be fine put them in your carry one, if you put them in your luggage not good incase your luggage gets lost.
pooh;)

I had not a lot of time these last days to read this board.

And I had a lot of stress with the flight like many of you. I will only believe I will be on the cruise when the plane will land in Barcelona
:thumbsup2

Have a good and save travel, and will be very happy to see you saturday on the ship. :thumbsup2

Anyone flying out of or through Chicago is screwed today. Seeing how bad the weather was I was able to get to the gate agent and explain to them we needed to get to NYC for our 6:25 pm flight to Barcelona for a cruise. They took pity on me and moved me over to Delta, so we're now going to Wash-Reagan and from there directly to JFK (avoids the LGA to JFK shuttle bus). We were all very hush hush so as not to cause a mad rush to the desk when other people realized they too were screwed.

Soooo...our bags are being offloaded from the AA flight and retagged as I type. HOPEFULLY that works out, but as long as we get to Barcelona we can get more clothes. :)
:eek: OMG, I am SO glad I was able to talk the Iberia agent into routing me through JFK rather than Chicago, because the time between flights in Chicago was just too close. Man-oh-man, I'd be screwed now.

I will be SO happy when I get on that plane! I think my carryon is still overweight. ACK! We'll see when we get to the airport!

Sayhello

We are packed and ready. Neighbors pick us up in 15 minutes. Safe travels to everyone. Mom would be proud - the house is clean and I have new underwear on - no "holey" underwear today. Can't tell you how much fun this thread has been for the past 4 months - it makes planning a trip so much better. I'm looking forward to putting faces with posts on the thread - especially Charlotte. Here's to making a lot of wonderful "Mickey Memories" with all of you!

Lisbon disfriends we are flying from Philly to Barcelona.

PeterPan - My husband finked out on me for La Spezia if your friend would like to join me on Jeff's tour. Talk to you on the boat.

Scheduled to fly out of Detroit Metro at 9:40pm tonight. Crossing my fingers that we leave on time. We've been having strong thunderstorms all morning and there are excessive delays at the airport. :confused3 So far our flight is listed as on time, but it's still 11 hours away. Crossing my fingers!

Hoping everybody gets to Barcelona as scheduled!!

I am on the May 26th cruise and got the dreaded email this morning from
British Airways that my flight on May 21st Houston to London is cancelled. Anyone flying BA make sure you have your email info in your ressie so they can contact you. I have already made alternate flights but what a pain! On a positive note, since I had to book new airfares, I also added on the June 5th repo cruise! Nothing like another cruise to brighten the spirits of a cancelled flight! :rotfl:

We made it to Washington after having to go around once. Good luck with that carryon sayhello! :thumbsup2

Soooooo relieved and glad you were able to get your flight changed. Best of luck! We fly to PHI early in the a.m. and then from PHI to BCN tomorrow at 6. Here's hopin we are good to go!

See you all in BCN!

Tracy:cool1:

Heather,we found a flight out of JFK and are attempting one more time to get there. Wish us luck!!!
Oh! that is excelllent news!!! Keeping good thoughts for you!
We made it to Washington after having to go around once. Good luck with that carryon sayhello! :thumbsup2
Congrats, Jeff! see you at JFK!

so the taxi was early. But I decided it was better to Freak out at the airport than at home! So I am sitting at the Columbus airport on my iPad! it's awkward to type on, but easier to carry than a laptop. flights are still listed on time. we shall see!!!

Sayhello

oh! And they did not weigh the carryon. So unless they weigh it at one of the gates, I should be good. going home will be a whole other story, but I'll worry about that MUCH.later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter