May Sweet 16, 12-13-14 wedding and a WONDER Familymoon 2-11-15

dawne98

DIS Veteran
Hi I am Dawn I love love love love love did I say LOVE Disney and anything to do with Disney (just like all of you:))
As I wrote this title to my familymoon I have a lot going on this year and I did not put in the two trips my two DD's are going on with mom and dad....and a weekend get away for my 42nd birthday in September just going up for MNSSHOP.....
OK let's start at the very beginning yes I love the the Sound of Music.... but wait I am talking about Disney so lets get to that....
I am all about Snow maybe it's because I think I looked like her or maybe it's because I have been waiting for Charming and yes I have him now!
My love of my life was in my life 17 years ago we went to high school together but it was not until I was out that we dated... it was a wonderful year but it was me that wanted to move on and see The great blue sea.... so I just went from one sea to shinning sea from CA to NYC... this when my DD Tori who is all Minnie came into my life and I was alone and living back in CA then when she was 1 years old we moved to Miami FL.... and from 2000 to now we have been going to WDW! when I was a kid we had gone to WDW and Disneyland many times... Disney is in my DNA :rotfl:
Then in 2006 I moved to NYC again with my then not so DH and then Maddie was in our life at the end of 2007! She is just like Tink always getting in to something... Her 1st time to WDW was in 2009 I think and at the end of 2010 we moved back to Miami and have been going back to WDW each year.
our 1st trip on a Disney Cruise was May of 2012 on the Dream! It was wonderful my DD's told me it was the best trip ever!

Now are next trip on the Dream is in February of next year over Valentine's weekend! IT's going to be our "Familymoon" here is a photo of my little family and me and my DF .... now I know your wondering what am I doing for my Honeymoon. I work in retail so I can only have the weekend off for our wedding then right back to work so our Honeymoon is not until Dec 27 and we'll be going to Las Vegas.... why Las Vegas that's where my DH to be is living right now and I am OK with it I like Las Vegas but I really can not wait for our "Famlymoom" on the Dream!
I am going to have to say Good night for now (my DF and I have date night on Saturday night so it's almost time for him to call:lovestruc )
I hope you'll stop by time to time to see what's going on in my
Crazy lovely family life... rally it's more like I am the crazy one and my family is the lovely ones lol

Well it's not far down to paradise, at least's not for me
If the wind is right you can sail away and find tranquility
Oh the canvas can do miracles, just you wait and see, believe me

It's not far to never, never land, reason to pretend
And if the wind is right you can find the joy of innocence again

Sailing, takes me away
To where I've always heard it
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
Soon I will be free

Fantasy, it gets the best of me when I'm sailing
All caught up in the reverie
Every word is a symphony, won't you believe me?

Sailing, takes me away
Soon I will be free

It's not far back to sanity at least it's not for me
And when the wind is right you can sail away and find serenity

Sailing, takes me away
Soon I will be free

I can not stop thinking of this song all day at work! One year from today We'll be sailing away on our familymoon on the DREAM!
I have to say it's not to hot today in Miami and it's going to be in the 40's tonight and I just hope next year this time we don't have this cold weather! I like the heat and just not the MIAMI HEAT lol
I have been on pinterest looking at the DIs door magnets for our trip I am not a DIY girl so I am going to have to pay for them to be done and then I got to looking at fish extenders gifts I hope we'll have one on this cruise I have not seen anyone yet booked for this but the stateroom we booked is sold out....we have a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with the window you can set in:goodvibes OK need to get my little one to Track... have a great night and a great Valentines Day tomorrow!:thumbsup2

what a day I had :) I don't get Saturday's off most of the time so this morning I went out to the park with my little one for a one mile walk then to lunch after that went home did 3 loads of laundry then my older DD and I went to see a movie Endless love I wanted to see Winters tale but she really wanted to see Endless love so we did, it was cute then to dinner and then to DQ for ice cream....but want I really want is a MICKEY's ice cream lol For the pass few nights I keep saying "next year we'll be on our way to Port Canaveral" then yesterday it was "a year from today we'll be getting on the Dream" Then today it was a year from today "we'll be having dinner at Palo" ok so you get it I am sure you all do that too :rotfl: OK it's date night for my DF and I so he'll be calling soon hope all of you had a wonderful Valentine day yesterday and enjoy the rest of your weekend... I'll be at work tomorrow :rolleyes: wish I had a long weekend like my DD's do but I am off on Monday and we'll be going to Zoo Miami, a long time ago I was told that Disney went to the zoo Miami to look at the lions at the zoo to help them for the movie they where working on the Lion King this when it was alled Metro zoo Miami you can Google it if you like :)

so date night with my DF did not happen and me going to work today did not happen....last night my Tori came out to the living room and her lower lip was swollen up so bad so off to the ER we went and we where told they have never seen something happen like this from a cold sore then we went home after getting the meds but they told me if it had not gone down to go back to the ER and so this morning we went back b/c not only did it not go down it got bigger so more meds and 5 hours latter thank God her lip is going down! She is 15 years old and in high school and for something like this to happen is like the end of the world I felt so bad for her but at less it's gone down and we are all happy about that! so now I going to bed I have been up and down all night looking in on her and I am over done now lol But as always thinking Disney can always make me happy lol

Today is why I live in Miami it was a great day what we like to say "PARADISE DAY" and all I could think of how great it would be to be on cast away cay :beach: but no I was at Zoo Miami they have a new exhibit with Animals out of LEGO's it was so cool..... our day at the zoo

what that is not right

now for the Lego's

they have a great splash play

and what do teen girls do?

Also the family that lived next door moved and the new family that has moved in has redone everything and have a made it into a Riding club
Miami international riding club so Maddie had her 1st horse riding lessons
so now she'll have two riding lessons a month for the next 6 months she is SO Happy! When I was a teen my sister had houses and I was not into it but my sister was real good and got a few scholarship from it.... Tori also has lessons but it was not her thing (she is all DREAM she is my actress)
but Maddie told me she LOVED riding the horse and that she thinks it could be her thing... we'll see I just love it that we can just walk next door for it lol

I hope you all had a great long weekend I had a REALLY long one back to work tomorrow.... have a lovely week at work :wave2:

I have two days off in a ROW so what have a done in the last 3 hours.... went to Publix to drop of DVD's we had from the "red box" got what I need for dinner then home and yes again WASH I don't know why my DD's have to put on 2 or 3 outfits a day:confused3 and cleaned the living room and kitchen so now time to think of what to do the day before the cruise :scratchin I am going to drop off the girls for school and then pick them up at at 10 AM then be on our way up to Cocoa Beach we should get up to Cocoa beach by 2 pm from Miami :beach:
I have been looking on line and I am thinking of going with Best Western it has oceanfront rooms or courtyard rooms.... the person I am I want to kick off our trip right so OCEANFRONT ROOM! I love that they have a Publix's right across the st ( we love Publix ) When we go to see family in Daytona the 1st night we get Publix sandwiches and have dinner on the beach love doing that.... If the weather is good then for sure we'll do that if not then I'll have to look into where to eat that night....
Last night I also went and read the post about the 5K ran on Castaway cay and after talking with my DH to be we are going to do it! I found out last month that I have type 2 diabetes but on the low end and in a month I have lost 5 pounds so if I keep that up I'll lOOk great for the wedding and the be good to go on the 5K:yay: SO wish us luck on this :cheer2:

Then we talked about the Cabana's now we know how much they are $550 now / that by 4 for each of us= $137 then / that by 5 for the hours =$34.25 each for a hour..... then you have the bike and float/tube and snorkel equipment and the best part.... your our hammock that I don't have to wait for lol but the real reason would be for us to be able to see this

to look out at the sea and be out of the sun.... yes we live in Miami but we are the family under the beach umbrella with SPF 100 we are the family that uses sunblock NOT sunscreen... my dad had skin cancer and seeing what it did I don't want that to happen to me or anyone else so we don't stay in the sun that much and my DD's have swimsuits that have SPF 50 or more in them.... so from 2 pm to 4 pm is when we go in but we would be able to lay in the cabana and rest and nap if we wanted....my teen wants us to do this so bad but we know more then likely we'll end up with out one b/c by the time we would be able to book it they are all going to be GONE :( but we can wait and see!
OK now I need to get going I have to meet up with a photographer to talk to about family photo's and Tori's sweet 16.......
have a great day everyone!

the rest of the week was good no ER..... just work then on Thursday I did a few things for my wedding I BOOKED our wedding location right by the ocean but not on the sand! I'll show you a photo after I go back next month I forgot my camera :(
I love the location so after booking it I went back and just sat where I'll say " I DO " and wrote my vows, my DH to be wants us to write are own vows.....then today I was off and Maddie had her 1st Photo shoot she had so much fun..... the photographer loved her and we ended up at a spot that another photo shoot was going on with a young lady from the Dominican Republic her name is Amara "Las Negra" she was so sweet to Maddie and they ended up doing a few photo's together....now I need to rest so how do I do that?
What else but get on the DIS lol

In Feb 2011 my mom and dad went to WDW just the two of them and when they came home late it was b/c they had join Disney Vacation club :yay: they did get my DD's a few things and for my little one at the time just 3 years old it was Duffy:) let me just say how much she loves him....he goes on all vacations with us and when we went on our 1st cruise he went everywhere with her.......
his 1st trip with us was to Vero beach and WDW for my b-day

then to AKV

then last summer just my DD's and myself it was one of the best trips we had been on.....

but wait from our 1st cruise
with Mickey

with my dad when we got off the ship to look about the town

and the last night she loved this man lol

getting off the ship and one last photo with the captain of the ship

so in school they had her 1st book report to do and she did it on Duffy! We don't have any thing Minnie but ears lol but I'll have to get a photo up latter i forgot to get a photo of her b4 going to school.....so I am doing the wash and just cleaning up so much fun on a off day lol
Hope you enjoy your day too!

ok what a week I had.... I have started my 5 k work out and it was and is a work out lol then it was just work but Saturday was crazy when we have the $10 off of $25 or more and sale things for $4.97 we did not get out off work until 1 AM! Then on Sunday my Dr's got me up at 8am and I never got back to bed until 7pm last night..... so let's talk Disney :) my dd's and are going to Vero beach in July and not going to Mnsshp in Sept...why? Well my mom and dad are going on the cruise with use now and they are using points to go and they needed 65 points and they had booked the room at BLT for September so I told her to drop that trip so they can go.....then she tells me to drop my teen from my room because they put her under them ...... so that saved use same money and then my mom told me my two dd's can stay with them so my DH to be can go out at night and have alone time....that works for me too lol so that's about it in two weeks my love is going to be in Miami for two weeks and we'll be doing a few things for the wedding and just hit the beaches......have a great week until next week......

IN a week from tomorrow my love of my life is going to be in MIAMI for the the girls Spring Break :cool1: It has been 6 months from the last time in was in Miami but with work and saving $$$ for sweet 16,wedding and Disney Cruise we had to cut out flying....now we'll just see each other every 6 months not every 3 months like we had been doing.....
We are going to do a little Disney to kick off Spring Break we are going to a Disney on Ice show:yay: Maddie and V have never been to a ice show and the last time Tori and I went she was about the same age as Maddie is now 6 years old.....That's Thursday night.
On Friday Maddie still has one more day of school but that is Tori's 1st day of Spring Break and we'll be getting things together for a GREAT BIG yard sale we are having on Saturday I hope to that with all we sale I'll make about $300! The last time we did one I made $500, but I had a lot more things I just did not need or had not used in years!
Sunday we are going to The FL Everglades to Shark Valley and go on the Tram Tour...
Monday to the movies to see Muppet's most wanted and the Miami youth fair that night (it is also going to be a 1st for Maddie and V )
Tuesday is going to be Beach day in the FL keys and out to dinner
Wednesday we'll be going to Zoo Miami then V and I have date night out alone
Thursday is V's goes home on a evening flight out :worried:
Friday that day I'll be in bed trying not to cry and rest b4 going back to work.....
I hope you all have a great week and until the next update I'll be thinking of all the fun Disney things I have to look forward to as I am sure you all do too :)

:goodvibes His on his way!!! Veranrd is on his way to Miami from Las Vegas! I have missed him so much I hate not seeing each other as much as I wold like but what can I say you have to do what you have to do.....but my little one and I have been sick for a few days now she had a high fever with 102 and I never did get the fever but just felt out of it for a few days.....but today I am OK not bad all the way but GOOD to go lol
Now about the Dream.....our little trip is growing with and sister and brother in law and my sisters in laws from Australian might be going too.....they are working on that now.... ok have to go now to get Maddie to school and get a few things done b4 going to pick up Veranrd from the airport:) have a great week all!

what a lot of fun we had in the last 8 days.... My true love flew in from Las Vagas last week Wed.... that 1st day we spent the day and night together NO KIDS lol
Thursday was our Disney on Ice show and they loved it! We had seats up high then two women came over to my DF and told him that they saw us up here and would like to give us new tickets to move down to row 6 on the floor!!!:banana: so we moved and could not believe that happen to us lol photo of us waiting up high in the sky lol then the new seats!

row 6

a few from the show

the next day was Friday and Madeline still had one more day of school but Tori had no school so we just did nothing until Dinner time and we went to look at the where we'll say "I DO" V had told me he wants to get married by the ocean so saw he loved it:)

we had dinner by the beach and enjoyed a good meal....
Saturday was all about the Muppet's the movie was OK not great and V and Maddie went to sleep for most of it lol
That night V and I went out with my Best friend and her husband to Bayside in Miami and just happen to be a Miley Cyrus concert at the AA too funny to see how DADS got dressed up to go to the concert lol
Sunday we wen to the Miami youth fair.....
Monday we went out to the Everglades Shark Valley and as we waited to get to the gate I put the car in park and then when it was time to move it would move! That's right the car would not get out of park so after a hour of my DF and the park ranger they did a Macgyver on the car and off to the car mechanic and $200 to fix it :eek: that day was done for so just rest and hung out at home....
Tuesday we went to the Everglades again main entrance located in Homestead, Florida not too far where I live...

Then Wednesday we went to Zoo Miami it was crazy! like WDW crazy on a low day lol

One night I can not think of what night it was we put in THE MOVIE
that's right FROZEN

Thursday yesterday was the day V flew back to Las Vegas :guilty: I miss him so much each time it's harder and harder! Before his flight home we went to the Rain Forest Cafe in Sunrise Maddie and V loved it (Tori and I have been to the one in Downtown Disney)... after a good dinner it was time get to the airport for V's flight I cry like a baby each time we kiss good bye!
OK now what's next?
Tori's sweet 16 May 3rd so now to get going on that...hope you all have a great week and enjoy your love ones that you have next to you each and every day! xoxoxxo

for the past two weeks I have been with this cold and so had Tori! I am so over it! :crazy2: OK only weeks away from Tori's
sweet 16 :) on Sunday we went to the Everglades again to get a few photo's of Tori for her inventions and after 150+ photo's she pick this one

then here are a few more that we did that day....

this one was fun to do I got the tee from work at JCP and if any of you have a teen you know they love to take selfie's

I only have 3 days of work this week because I called out Tuesday I am just now feeling like I over the never ending cold.....
also we have BOOKED my sister and my brother in-law!
Today I also did our ADR at Vero Beach for the The Pirate dinner they do on Monday night with a few of the Disney characters..... when we go on the Dream in Feb on Pirate night we are not going to do dinner at our MD....that's Valentine's day and all the adult's are going to Palo for dinner that night... Tori and Maddie are going to have to eat b4 going to the kid and teen club that night.....

This morning I had GMA on and I loved what they did for "it's a small world" that is my FAVORITE RIDE it always has been and always will be!
OK have a wonderful week and I know you have that song in your head now sorry :upsidedow

:rotfl: I don't have one yet! I need to get one going but with Tori's sweet 16 only weeks away that's the only one I have going on right now OK I have a wedding one also but that's done for me I just have to check off what I have done.... need one for a DCL.....
the 1st thing I need to do is book the night before the cruise room but the one thing I waiting on is if we all going to stay at Old Key West at WDW or if my sister and brother in law are going to fly into Miami......so the waiting game is going on right now....and I hate not knowing but we are looking into flights for them.....
need to order door magnets for all the rooms and I found on photo in the Disney wedding of this top and OMG I need to get this made for my DHTB and me......

now I just have to think of what colors I want to do......

other then that nothing much going on....I am also working on a PTR in the DVC for my DD's and I trip up to Vero Beach in July.OK hope everyone has a great week :)

talked with my sister yesterday and she told me YES YES YES and right after that she asked me "when can I book a couples massage?" :rotfl: so today I called and got all of us moved to the Disney Wonder out of Miami for a 4 day cruise! Now I have to go and find out everything I can about the Wonder.... I do have to say I looked a little and saw the Cadillac lounge and I know my DHTB is going to LOVE THAT! He loves his Cadillac, he has one and he can not wait to get me one.....a car is a car to me lol so anyway went out also to pick up a few things for TOri's sweet 16 at Walmart, they had Sunflowers in pots for $2.66, I got 6 of them, then I had to get pots to put them in .95 each not to bad now just have to work on how I am going to do them up to look good for the tables.... I have a few ides I am working on in my head :rolleyes: until next time have a great weekend!

OKAY so only days to go until Tori's sweet 16 I can not believe she is going to 16 years old soon.... I look at her and think where did the time go and look back over the last 16 years and she has had a great 16 years old with a few things that made us afraid Tori was getting sick when she would have a headache.... her doctor at the time told me they would do a MRI to make sure she was not getting sick from a brain tumor or cyst.....those 3 days as I waited to know was the hardest days I have had in my life .......
(next to giving birth to her she was 9 lbs and 10 oz! Then the placenta would not detach from the uterus so they did whatever they had to do to get it out so I would not bleed to death and I had Tori natural with out anything so I felt it ALL, that pain was the worst pain I had in my life! But I knew if it did not get it removed I would die so I just pray to GOD and dealt with pain!)
We did not tell her what was going on but she got anything and everything she asked for those 3 days (she tells me if she knew why she was getting what she wanted she would have asked for a lot more then just going out to dinner ) lol The day we went to the doctor they told me she has a cyst in the pineal gland and they would just keep a eye on it and make sure it doesn't grow and as long as she is doing good then every year or two get a MRI so for 6 years the cyst has not grown :banana: she does get migraines so bad that she'll vomit so she's on a migraine mediation that's in nasal form....she has been great in school getting the two Presidential awards in 5th and 8th grd. :)
OKAY that it for today I need to get back to cleaning I have a great day and weekend!

OMG what a day we had Saturday! As we got to up putting up things it looked like it was going to cry so we had to stop and wait NOT until 5ish did get rain! The party was set to being at 6:30pm!:scared1:
SO after the rain it was great! The teens had so much fun and at the end of the night asking Tori when the next party would be lol

So yesterday I got my mom and dad moved from the Dream to the Wonder now we are all book and ready to go..... I can not wait! But now it's all about the WEDDING!
I have been walking and working out and have lost about 17 lbs from Jan :cool1:
I just hope I can keep it up! Have a great weekend and Happy Mothers day to all you that our mothers or mothers to be :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter