• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May the 4th, 2023

MerlinandtheMouse

DIS Veteran
Hey y’all, I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s anything special happening in HS for Star Wars Day? I feel like they usually do a couple of little things but were never here this time of year so I’m not sure. Plus, I noticed annual pass availability for the 4th is unavailable so I assume something happens if so many people are going 😅 Thanks!

I would love an answer to this question as well. While we will skip HS on the 4th we will be in attendance on May 5 for Revenge of the 5th! :)

other than a themed cupcake or something merch related, there is nothing that Disney plans anymore. People just want to be there I guess.

Hey y’all, I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s anything special happening in HS for Star Wars Day? I feel like they usually do a couple of little things but were never here this time of year so I’m not sure. Plus, I noticed annual pass availability for the 4th is unavailable so I assume something happens if so many people are going 😅 Thanks!

We normally go every year. Disney just offers queues for May the 4th merchandise. Maybe even some special food and drinks. I wish they did more.

What makes it special is the SW fans who either dress up or bring their lightsabers. At night, there are lightsaber meetups, some in front of the Chinese Theatre and several in GE. If you want to see cool custom lightsabers, May 4th in GE at night is the place to be.

Last year there was a local jedi academy performing their moves near MF. Then outside of the exit at closing, many of us built a long lightsaber tunnel for exiting guests to walk through.

We normally go every year. Disney just offers queues for May the 4th merchandise. Maybe even some special food and drinks. I wish they did more.

What makes it special is the SW fans who either dress up or bring their lightsabers. At night, there are lightsaber meetups, some in front of the Chinese Theatre and several in GE. If you want to see cool custom lightsabers, May 4th in GE at night is the place to be.

Last year there was a local jedi academy performing their moves near MF. Then outside of the exit at closing, many of us built a long lightsaber tunnel for exiting guests to walk through.
Shame Disney doesn’t do a bit more given the fan base, but that’s pretty cool that the fans end up creating something special anyway. Thanks for the info😊

Full List of ‘Star Wars’ Food Coming to Walt Disney World for May the 4th 2023

https://wdwnt.com/2023/04/full-list...ng-to-walt-disney-world-for-may-the-4th-2023/

This is my favorite cupcake, and I’m thrilled they are bringing it back for the month of May.
  • Darth Vader Cupcake: Chocolate cupcake with chocolate-peanut butter buttercream, dipped in dark chocolate ganache, edged in chocolate flakes, and topped with a chocolate Darth Vader

Full List of ‘Star Wars’ Food Coming to Walt Disney World for May the 4th 2023

https://wdwnt.com/2023/04/full-list...ng-to-walt-disney-world-for-may-the-4th-2023/

This is my favorite cupcake, and I’m thrilled they are bringing it back for the month of May.
  • Darth Vader Cupcake: Chocolate cupcake with chocolate-peanut butter buttercream, dipped in dark chocolate ganache, edged in chocolate flakes, and topped with a chocolate Darth Vader
Although chocolate and peanut butter isn’t my favorite combo, this sounds so good.

I also love

Backlot Express (Available May 4 through 31; mobile order available)
  • Oi-Oii Puff: Raspberry cream puff with passion fruit mousse (Available May 4 and

PizzeRizzo and The Trolley Car Café (Available May 4 and 5; mobile order available at PizzeRizzo)​

• Dark Side Chocolate Creation: Malted milk chocolate mousse dome with raspberry mousse filling, slivered almonds, and chocolate shortbread cookie

and

The Ganachery​

• Queen Amidala Chocolate Piñata: Dark chocolate piñata filled with ruby chocolate and raspberry bark (Available May 1 through 31)

Although chocolate and peanut butter isn’t my favorite combo, this sounds so good.

I also love

Backlot Express (Available May 4 through 31; mobile order available)
  • Oi-Oii Puff: Raspberry cream puff with passion fruit mousse (Available May 4 and

PizzeRizzo and The Trolley Car Café (Available May 4 and 5; mobile order available at PizzeRizzo)​

• Dark Side Chocolate Creation: Malted milk chocolate mousse dome with raspberry mousse filling, slivered almonds, and chocolate shortbread cookie

and

The Ganachery​

• Queen Amidala Chocolate Piñata: Dark chocolate piñata filled with ruby chocolate and raspberry bark (Available May 1 through 31)

It is good. And I’m not a cake, cupcakes, or peanut butter person.

Do you remember Starring Rolls next door to
Brown Derby? On the DDP, we’d get their cupcakes as dessert, and the chocolate peanut butter was one of them. Similar to this Vader version.

The Oi-Oii raspberry cream puff is another good one. Too bad it’s only for 2 days. And the Dark Side Creation with malted milk chocolate mousse sounds amazing.

It is good. And I’m not a cake, cupcakes, or peanut butter person.

Do you remember Starring Rolls next door to
Brown Derby? On the DDP, we’d get their cupcakes as dessert, and the chocolate peanut butter was one of them. Similar to this Vader version.

The Oi-Oii raspberry cream puff is another good one. Too bad it’s only for 2 days. And the Dark Side Creation with malted milk chocolate mousse sounds amazing.

I’m going to have to adjust my plans to make sure I get to try the Oi-Oi and the Dark Side since they are 2 days only….🤨🤨🤨

They also have limited merchandise.
They always say limited merchandise, but we always go the around the first week of May and have seen some of the merch in the park after May the 4th. Granted, it’s what’s left over, but it’s been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter