• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maya grill vs Frontera cocina

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
We will staying at AKL for now unless something else opens out. Looking for Mexican we have eaten at Cocina in Disney springs- but thinking about Maya. We want to stay somewhat close to AKL and not head over to boardwalk area. How is Maya quality food?

It been a few years, but was really disappointed in their food. Would not go back. I would easily go back to DS instead.

Oh my word....Maya Grill! It's worth the time and effort to travel to Coronado. As a matter of fact we are doing that our first night on our upcoming trip. Live music. Delicious food. Amazing service. Beautiful ambiance. And.... all the benefits (Barcelona Lounge, gorgeous design) of the Gran Destino tower. Wouldn't miss Maya Grill!

I don't want to toot my own horn here, but a recent review of Maya Grill just went up on the main DIS site. :rolleyes:

I know you said you didn’t want to go to the Boardwalk area but honestly Rosa Mexicano at the Dolphin is better than both of them if it’s anything like the ones in NY.

We are thinking of going to Rosa our check in day as we moved to pop. I scheduled it on open table

I wouldn't make a special trip out to Coronado just for Maya Grill.
Ditto this. The food is OK but not incredible, and the vibe is just…pretentious, but you look around and you realize how not high end the restaurant really is? If that makes sense. Coronado is our home resort, but Maya Grill was a one and done for us. You might want to travel to Coronado for Toledo, though.

We decided our arrival night to go to DS and our HS park day to go to the next Mexican at dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter