Mayim Bialik no longer hosting Jeopardy

Pay attention long enough and you'll no longer be surprised. Posting for reactions seems to be a hobby for some.

Yes, I addressed those kinds of posters in WM Corey's thread about a new discussion board. Some people are only here to incite others, not for a real discussion about topics. And some should be banned. . . Oh, wait, some have been ALREADY. :rolleyes: So, why are they allowed under an different name when it's well know who they are?

This individual gets on their high horse about being all christian and gung ho about America and all that jazz....showed their true colours. Vile.
The best part is that he's not even American. He's from Canada.

Regardless, we're really going after a person's appearance now? How is that important to them being a good or bad host for Jeopardy?

The best part is that he's not even American. He's from Canada.

Regardless, we're really going after a person's appearance now? How is that important to them being a good or bad host for Jeopardy?
HA! That's rich. Apparently, if someone doesn't have the face of Taylor swift or the chest of Kim kardashian, then they're not qualified to be in the public eye. Let's not forget that Bialik has a PhD from UCLA; she's the perfect host for a show like Jeopardy!

HA! That's rich. Apparently, if someone doesn't have the face of Taylor swift or the chest of Kim kardashian, then they're not qualified to be in the public eye. Let's not forget that Bialik has a PhD from UCLA; she's the perfect host for a show like Jeopardy!
Lots of people have a PhD from UCLA. That alone doesn't qualify you to host Jeopardy.

I'm not commenting on whether she is qualified because I don't much care. Her looks shouldn't have anything to do with it, but we are talking about a TV show and looks do matter on TV, for better or worse.

I think she’s a good looking lady! Her style of dress is a little unusual, and, as a pp mentioned, I initially found her little pause before saying whether the answer’s correct a little distracting, but I’d gotten used to her, and liked her.

To think that she was fired because she didn’t want to cross a picket line, her political beliefs, or her looks, just seems, well, wrong.

Bialik has aligned herself on TikTok with Noa Tishby, a radical Zionist. This is likely why she was let go. I haven't watched since the Trebek years. Really miss him.
Legitimate question - Is it your opinion that she is radical or is there some mainstream acceptance that she is radical?

I certainly don't agree with objectifying Bialik. I also don't agree with making incendiary remarks relating to Bialik's affiliations if, in fact, there is no basis for doing so.

Legitimate question - Is it your opinion that she is radical or is there some mainstream acceptance that she is radical?

I certainly don't agree with objectifying Bialik. I also don't agree with making incendiary remarks relating to Bialik's affiliations if, in fact, there is no basis for doing so.
I follow Tishby on TikTok and some of her statements I have found to be on the radical side, but that's my opinion. I do know others that have referred to her as both radical and a passionate activist. I am not sure I would refer to Tishby as mainstream.

I never made an incendiary remark, I was speculating and am entitled to offer my own editorial. People can accept or reject it if they wish.

I follow Tishby on TikTok and some of her statements I have found to be on the radical side, but that's my opinion. I do know others that have referred to her as both radical and a passionate activist. I am not sure I would refer to Tishby as mainstream.

I never made an incendiary remark, I was speculating and am entitled to offer my own editorial. People can accept or reject it if they wish.
I actually took your comment in the same way as I observed the objectification made by the other poster - neither comments were really necessary and drew a very specific conclusion for the purpose of a response … :confused3

I like Mayim and thought she did a fine job as host. I like Ken as well, and he was always, in my mind, the likely successor to Alex Trebek. Mayim has an acting career and other projects and will be fine. I wish her well and think she was gracious in her statements.

I like Mayim and thought she did a fine job as host. I like Ken as well, and he was always, in my mind, the likely successor to Alex Trebek. Mayim has an acting career and other projects and will be fine. I wish her well and think she was gracious in her statements.
I agree, and I think this is what it all boils down to. They are both good hosts, but Mayim has other obligations that could cause scheduling difficulties between her and the Jeopardy staff. Ken does not have those scheduling conflicts and can be on the show more reliably as a result, so it makes more sense for him to do the job full time. I can’t fault Mayim for wanting to maximize her career, but occasionally something has to be sacrificed to make that happen. For her, it appears for now that sacrifice is Jeopardy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter