Mayim Bialik no longer hosting Jeopardy

Regardless, we're really going after a person's appearance now? How is that important to them being a good or bad host for Jeopardy?
It’s not. Truth be told, I think both Mayim and Ken are fairly average-looking people. Mayim is a modern Orthodox Jew who chooses to dress modestly for religious reasons. She does not try to be glamorous in the style of Vanna White. For that, I think she gets some criticism, but in reality it’s no different from Ken or any other male game show host who wears conservative suits and ties.

I only assumed because he has mentioned that he lived there in prior posts. The Canada bashing reminds me of my coworker from Vancouver who cannot stop herself from making fun of Toronto.
He just liked to talk about travelling back and forth between his two houses - one in Florida and one in Canada.

So he's a Floradian. Lots of them down here and the ones I encounter complain about everything.

On topic, I remember an interview with Alex, saying that he wanted a woman to take over the job when he no longer could, but also someone who was neutral as far as hot topics went. He wanted the show to be the focus, not the host.

So he's a Floradian. Lots of them down here and the ones I encounter complain about everything.

On topic, I remember an interview with Alex, saying that he wanted a woman to take over the job when he no longer could, but also someone who was neutral as far as hot topics went. He wanted the show to be the focus, not the host.
I remember that as well, Trebek never voiced his opinion on controversial issues; he was a very neutral guy. This is what led to my speculation in my previous post about possibly why she was let go. Regardless of whether one agrees or disagrees with her views, Tishby has strong opinions on the present conflict and wading into that minefield could have led to Bialik's undoing at the show.

TMZ reported that Sony was totally surprised at Mayim's announcement on Instagram. Mayim didn't let them know was going to make an announcement that she won't be back. They claim they were in talks with her.

That, yes, during her extended time away, Sony saw that the ratings hadn't gone down while she was gone. Ken has been doing a great job on his own, and they re-thought whether they need two hosts. Sony claims they were talking to her about still hosting the primetime Celebrity Jeopardy specials as she's great with the celebrity contestants. But, it appears, for Mayim, it was all or nothing and she made the announcement on her own.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/12/20/hollywood-strikes-showed-sony-brass-they-didnt-need-mayim-bialik/

Mayim Bialik stepping away from "Jeopardy!" in solidarity with striking writers showed Sony executives they didn't need 2 hosts for the quiz show, and that's why they moved on ... TMZ has learned.​
Sony Studios sources tell TMZ ... bosses at Sony weren't mad when Mayim refused to work during this year's strike, but her absence opened execs' eyes about their dual host system -- Mayim and Ken Jennings shared the gig.​
Our sources say Mayim stepping away gave Ken an opportunity ... and he took it and ran with it, improving his hosting skills while she was away.​
We're also told Sony worked incredibly hard juggling schedules to accommodate Mayim during her time on the show, and she didn't always agree with production decisions ... including the hiring of executive producer Michael Davies, and other staff changes.​
Mayim stepped away in May at the height of the writers' strike, and our sources say she eventually fell so far out of touch, Sony execs simply decided to press on without her.​
As we reported ... Mayim announced Friday she was no longer hosting "Jeopardy!"​
Our sources say Sony is still open to having Mayim host "Jeopardy!" primetime specials, because they feel she's talented and works well with the celebrity contestants ... but we're told Mayim made it clear it was all or nothing. As a result, we're told Sony brass declined and Mayim released her statement Friday without consulting Sony.​
Regardless, our sources say the ball is still in Mayim's court ... we're told Sony execs want her for primetime specials, if she accepts the offer.​

I think when they took over the shared hosting duties, they were both working on other projects and adding another full-time gig was just too much for either of them. But since that time, Ken has been able to back off a bit from The Chase (as they have added some more chasers) while Mayim is still very involved in her weekly podcast.

That’s how I feel. She was awkward to watch.
I liked her. I am not commenting on the specifics of why but I do believe that people will often finding themselves put into a situation where a choice between what they believe and what they do for a living will have some conflict. Oh well.

She has always been successful and I am sure will continue to be successful.

I liked Mayim Bialik too, but I prefer Ken Jennings. He has grown into a great host and has a quick wit which is quite funny! I read Alex Trebek's biography, and the only contestant that he mentioned was Ken Jennings. He made quite an impression on him.

For me - it felt like she was acting in a role as the Jeopardy host, while Ken feels like he is being the Jeopardy host. Does that make any sense? lol

Any of those job negotiations turns into a 'he said'/'she said' thing. Each side tries to make the other side out to be the bad guy who wasn't being reasonable in the negotiations. Which version is true is anyone's guess. TMZ is always one of those sleazy celebrity news/gossip shows that is the TV equivalent of reading the National Enquirer (if they are even still in business). I am glad they didn't pick that former Jeopardy champion from Las Vegas (can't recall his name at the moment). He always seemed awkward/uncomfortable in front of the camera, very aloof and tried to be funny when he wasn't. To me either Ken or Mayima did fine in that role.

Any of those job negotiations turns into a 'he said'/'she said' thing. Each side tries to make the other side out to be the bad guy who wasn't being reasonable in the negotiations. Which version is true is anyone's guess. TMZ is always one of those sleazy celebrity news/gossip shows that is the TV equivalent of reading the National Enquirer (if they are even still in business). I am glad they didn't pick that former Jeopardy champion from Las Vegas (can't recall his name at the moment). He always seemed awkward/uncomfortable in front of the camera, very aloof and tried to be funny when he wasn't. To me either Ken or Mayima did fine in that role.
James?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter