Mayonnaise dip with bread service

Not gonna lie, I really enjoyed the garlic mayo 😂 I did think it was kind of odd, but I liked it. Then again, I'm a mayo fan in general. Sadly for me, we only had it one night during our 4 night cruise.

On the 4 night on the Wonder in October we had a something different 'something' accompanying the bread each night. Same with the 3 night Dream last month. Aoli was in that rotation and is usually my favorite too.

IIRC it we had Aioli, Olive Tapenade, Butter, and Hummus across the various nights.

Actually this thread got me thinking about future cruises. As Europeans we don’t do bread service at a meal and it was no wonder we were overly stuffed and didn’t feel well after eating our multiple courses plus bread ( I mean seriously if you’re doing appetizers why also then bread?) So I think from now on we’re just going to tell the server is not even to bring the bread service.
That is interesting. The bread service with meals in England was my wife's dream come true as a bread lover.

Did you bother reading the link you gave earlier for aioli recipes? The one you used to « prove » that it is different from mayonaisse? The link defines aioli as « raw eggs emulsified with oil ». And the recipe is literally mayo with some additions.

And people aren’t saying that aioli is made from mayo (so, not sure why you keep saying « it has no mayo in it »), they are saying the the ingredients/process are the same.

Well, no one other other than the link you posted I saying that aioli is made from mayo.
Like I posted earlier, I would love to see the menu to see what Disney called it.

Did you bother reading the link you gave earlier for aioli recipes? The one you used to « prove » that it is different from mayonaisse? The link defines aioli as « raw eggs emulsified with oil ». And the recipe is literally mayo with some additions.

And people aren’t saying that aioli is made from mayo (so, not sure why you keep saying « it has no mayo in it »), they are saying the the ingredients/process are the same.

Well, no one other other than the link you posted I saying that aioli is made from mayo.
LOL As long is was mayo and not Miracle Whip!

That is interesting. The bread service with meals in England was my wife's dream come true as a bread lover.
Maybe it’s a UK thing and that’s how it became US culture🤷‍♀️ On the continent not so.

so I happen to have two paper menus right here with me from the Magic, that I got off this Sat.. My mom is older and so she got some nights paper.
Animator's First night: Freshly badked carrot and scallions loaf with cumin and cilantro dip (not sure if mayo, was creamy assuming it was as it didnt taste jogurt like at all, which I would use at home for a dip like that)
Animator's Palate 2nd night there: Garlic and Herb Foccacia with a roasted garlic dip (mayo)

The rest I dont have. but Lumiers was an oil and oil dip.

ps the best thing on the trip was in animators the Chicken Bastilla appetizer (moroccan spiced shredded chicken, wrapped in phyllo and sprinker with powered sugar and cinnamon with veggie almond slaw... the sweetness on top was very mild and really did bring out the moroccan flavors)

I was on the 4 night Magic prior to this cruise and was served the "mayo" based dips and I, as well as our 15 dining companions enjoyed them. I don't really understand what the issue is. They also served butter. What would people be expecting with the bread?

I've read so many complaints today alone about the food and I just don't get it. This was my 20th Disney Cruise and I didn't find it in any way bad. We all had wonderful meals and service.

We have sailed on the dream and the fantasy in the last few months and the bread service had varied dips. I do not remember eating any Mayo dips.

I was on the 4 night Magic prior to this cruise and was served the "mayo" based dips and I, as well as our 15 dining companions enjoyed them. I don't really understand what the issue is. They also served butter. What would people be expecting with the bread?

Some of us just don't like mayo. So, when it's mayo every night, that leaves us with just plain old butter. :(

To be fair, though, I usually just eat the bread without any toppings. But a nice oil is good every now and then!

This sounds yucky. The only time bread and mayo should be together is on a sandwich. Not as a dip. Bleck.

My preference is to eat my bread plain. Of course that means the bread must be tasty on its own. Sadly a lot of bread served is dry, bland, cold or all of the above. In those cases, I skip the bread entirely. If there is a good flavored butter available, I'll sparingly indulge in that.

Some of us just don't like mayo. So, when it's mayo every night, that leaves us with just plain old butter. :(

To be fair, though, I usually just eat the bread without any toppings. But a nice oil is good every now and then!

did you ever ask your server for your preferred condiment? I'm not a big mayo fan either, but I would have asked if I knew of something different to see if they could provide it. Personally, I just eat butter on bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter