MB+ and the dreaded 'gate'

I hate gate readers, they are my old nemesis. When I was working , most gates have a setting for the fire welp siren to automatically open them in an emergency. You blow the siren and the gate was supose to open. It never worked. I have driven through a few gates in my lifetime because of this, it depended on the situation....I have also broken them by lifting them, holding them ect. I have also sat outside with key fobs, swipe cards, and everything else. They never work right when you need them too.

I hate gate readers, they are my old nemesis. When I was working , most gates have a setting for the fire welp siren to automatically open them in an emergency. You blow the siren and the gate was supose to open. It never worked. I have driven through a few gates in my lifetime because of this, it depended on the situation....I have also broken them by lifting them, holding them ect. I have also sat outside with key fobs, swipe cards, and everything else. They never work right when you need them too.
Yup. The yelp trick would work at ours. There's a guard in there can see out the window, verify it's an emergency vehicle and once you showed them your license they'd open the gate. We have rules you know.
Now if the guard was occupied in the little potty they have in there, or out being a Lookie Lew, why then you can just drive right through those lightweight plastic gates. Don't worry though Spence, the residents break them all the time!

I stayed at Sunkissed RV Resort one year. They give you a garage door opener to open the gate. I came back late one night and could not get in. I ended up taking the battery out of my garage door opener and putting it in theirs so I could get back to my camp site. So it isn't just the Fort that is a problem to get in.

Yup. The yelp trick would work at ours. There's a guard in there can see out the window, verify it's an emergency vehicle and once you showed them your license they'd open the gate. We have rules you know.
Now if the guard was occupied in the little potty they have in there, or out being a Lookie Lew, why then you can just drive right through those lightweight plastic gates. Don't worry though Spence, the residents break them all the time!
Does that mean if I 'yelp' loud enough the gate will open? Or does it mean if I leave a bad Yelp review they'll fix the problem?

The gates at my old job's employee lot were steel. No trying to drive through those bad boys! Someone once did and it was NOT pretty!

The yelp is a setting on a siren, it gets picked up by a sensor in the gate and opens it. Its nit a yelling at the gate thing. That never works , I have tried it. It makes you feel better sure, but it dosnt work!

The gate is hit or miss and it seems to pick a side at the beginning. If it doesn't work the first day, it never works our entire stay. if it does work the first day, it works the rest of our stay. Regardless, i never minded waiting for the guard to come open the gate for me. Some of those guards are super fun to talk with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter