MB fingerprint question

kiramay

DIS Veteran
I have multiple MBs on MDE and I don’t remember which finger I used in 2017 and 2018. No AP this trip. I plan to bring my new MB and my two purchased ones (Grumpy and Wall-E).

When I set my fingerprint the first time I go in November, does is only set THAT MB, or does it reset all the MBs on MDE?

Thanks!

I have multiple MBs on MDE and I don’t remember which finger I used in 2017 and 2018. No AP this trip. I plan to bring my new MB and my two purchased ones (Grumpy and Wall-E).

When I set my fingerprint the first time I go in November, does is only set THAT MB, or does it reset all the MBs on MDE?

Thanks!
Biometric finger ID is not linked to MBs.

The ID is linked to new tickets upon the first day of park entrance.

Thanks!

What magic band you use has zero effect on which finger you use.
I assume you'll have new TICKET MEDIA? That is what matters for finger scans. Select a finger the first time and use that finger each time for that ticket media.
Its odd to me how often people seem to have no clue what finger they used.
Ordinarily most people would use the index finger on their dominant hand (although I'm a weird one because I write with my left but do most other things with my right so I use my right hand and because the very first time I encountered the single finger scan I had a bandage on my index finger I used my middle finger instead and it has always felt natural every time since.)

So my new biometric ID will be the same on all my MBs after I touch the scanner the first day?
Nothing is “on” your MB. It’s just a digital device that links to your MDX account. It is linked to each specific person’s profile to provide a link to/from data.

I have forgotten what finger I used during our trip last December when I activated my annual pass. I will be at the parks next week and I don't want to hold up the line. What happens if you've forgotten which finger you used? Do you just keep trying until you find the correct one?

after 3 attempts the cm calls over a supervisor with a tablet. Looks at your profile. then overrides for entry

Think of your MBs as a key to your MDE account account. It’s shows Disney who you are and what is attached to your MDE. When you scan your MB it shows that you have a ticket or AP and then you unlock that ticket with your finger - every ticket is unique (so a newnfinguer could be used) but your MBs all unlock your MDE the same.

Just for reference, in January the CMs were suggesting everyone uses their right index finger if possible, that way it is easy to remember, you just ask what finger they recommend if you forget.

This also makes the tapping and scanning easier, as most people wear the Magicband on their left wrist and the finger scanners are to the right of the tap point when facing them. So this actually speeds up the entry process as well. Personally I have my Magicband puck on a lanyard in a MagicKeeper because it is far more comfortable than those hot sweaty magicbands, but this still works equally well.

All MBs are linked to the same account. You can't have a different finger for different MBs. As mentioned above, if it fails 3 times, help comes over. Don't worry, if it happens to you, you will be far from the only person that happens to that day. Unfortunately, it seems to happen in whatever line I am waiting in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter