MB+ or regular MB, my view

It's just another thing to remember. Plus I have to remember to pack the charger. And then if I forget after a long day then I'm screwed the next day. If you have kids you might have plus in a few and outlets are limited in hotel rooms.
To me the biggest benefit of a magic band is increasing convenience and reducing friction. The og accomplishes that more then then the plus.
You don't have to change the Magicband+, they will work just like the old Magicbands if not charged, you just won't have the new + features and interaction, so I wouldn't say you would be screwed.

We bought them last year for our trip but found out that we never used the extra features, so we are going to just reuse the ones we have this year, and I am not sure if we will even charge them up before we go.

Older magic bands are sealed units and the battery will eventually die. However, the band serves 2 functions and only 1 of them requires the battery. You can still use an older band for all of the other functions not requiring the battery.
Charge to your room, Open Hotel Door, Gain Entry to park/Lightning Lanes, Tap on ride photos when exiting.

I believe all the above do not require a battery.

Is the only thing that requires a MB for rides like Pirates where it is supposed to automatically link the Photo to MDE?

We have the MB+ and are not bothered by charging them however we will not all be using them next trip as we found them to be bigger on the wrist then the normal MB. Also DS did not like the feel of the MB+ (I couldn't tell a difference but he has sensory issues)

You don't have to change the Magicband+, they will work just like the old Magicbands if not charged, you just won't have the new + features and interaction, so I wouldn't say you would be screwed.

We bought them last year for our trip but found out that we never used the extra features, so we are going to just reuse the ones we have this year, and I am not sure if we will even charge them up before we go.
Did not know this. So if it's dead the LL, room key and park entry will still work?

Did not know this. So if it's dead the LL, room key and park entry will still work?
Yes. Any function where you touch Mickey to Mickey will work indefinitely, because the necessary power comes from the tap point, not from the MB. Only the long distance functions like linking ride photos, lighting up with shows, etc., require a charged battery inside the MB.

Out of curiosity, I just went and checked the pre-arrival availability for a potential trip I have in July. I only have 5 regular magic band options (themed to MK lands) and they are the same price as the plain color MB+ $24.99.🤷‍♀️
Yes they currently have 5 of the older MB's available and about 30 MB+'s available. Once the 5 older MB's sell out they probably will then only offer the +'s. Not every MB is offered for sale.

Pre-arrival MB's are offered at a discount.

Out of curiosity, I just went and checked the pre-arrival availability for a potential trip I have in July. I only have 5 regular magic band options (themed to MK lands) and they are the same price as the plain color MB+ $24.99.🤷‍♀️
I ordered a regular one on January 12 and it was $9.99, but it was just a plain single color one. I even hesitated about that but I hadn't gotten one in a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter