MB+

Worth it is subjective. There are a number of videos out there showing how it works and what it actually does. If you want to play the game in Batu or you want the statues to play music or say something or you want it to light up during FWs, then it would be worth it for you. If none of those things are important, than no it's not. I bought one but just because I got some off being a resort guest and I liked the design I couldn't get on one of the old ones. I have no, nil, zero, zilch, nada plans to play the game, listen to the statues and rarely even go to the FWs.

You can get a pretty good idea with a few minutes on Youtube. I didn't get my 7D pics last time, so I thought a manually chargeable band would be better for me. Hopefully, at least that part works.

In my opinion, they're not worth it at this point. I just got back from a week-long trip and found the technology glitchy and inconsistent (especially in regards to getting the effects to work with the 50th anniversary statues). I did have it on during Enchantment, but I only really noticed other people's wrists lighting up as I didn't want to spend the whole show looking down at my own wrist. I didn't play the bounty hunter game in Batuu, but I'm not sure that would change my opinion of MagicBand+ right now. Maybe in the future if there are more interactive elements around the parks, it would be worth it.

All depends whether you have any magic bands or if you want extra things to do. I didn't own any magic bands anyway so it was worth it for me.

We bought one for DH as a special birthday gift. Honestly one was enough for our family. I can't see why we would purchase it for everyone... especially the kids without a phone.

We did the adventures in Batu, collected the 50th statues and enjoyed seeing it light up with the evening shows. I see the potential for many more experiences with it.

My wife and I each bought one on discount for our hotel stay. We were excited to use it and determine if the upgraded price is worth it. Both of us had different results at the turnstiles. Mine didn’t vibrate or light up when tapping, wife’s turned green and vibrated. Both of us didn’t have the “Welcome Home” message at the turnstile we have come to love hearing. We had mixed results with different 50th statues. The night time shows have very limited features and TBH who is looking at your wrist when the show is in the sky. We did enjoy the bounty Hunter features and enjoyed a couple drinks after catching 2 of our bounties at Oga’s. We will probably not continue to buy more of them like we did regular mb’s due to the cost increase and so few uses. As features are added or expanded we will reevaluate, but we had fun learning and doing something new in the parks.

I liked it for the rechargeable aspect, knowing the long range features will still work (in theory) a few years down the line.
Plus, as DH briefly lost his, having 2 bands available to use interchangeably should it be necessary, was helpful.
I will say though, if you have folks who are easily startled in your party, turn off or decrease the vibration function!

Well, I guess if you need to buy a MB anyway, you may as well get the + because they aren't that much more expensive than a regular band. In that sense, they are "worth it."

If you already have a band, then it comes down to whether or not you care about the new features or would use any of the interactive elements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter