MCO closing

Yes, MCO just tweeted that commercial operations and all parking will close at 10:30 AM tomorrow, Wednesday September 28.

I'm. a. VICTIM. :sad: ....just spent over two hours trying to rebook...

Last edited:
Just checked their website. Almost all are cancelled at this time of 8:15 AM. Very few are flying. Heavy rain but, not much wind (wind at 9 mph, gusts to 11 mph) here in northeast Polk County, Florida.

FAA lists a reopening time of 10:30 Friday morning. I think that is the plan as long as they don't find any major damage. Delta, United, American and Southwest all have flights they are selling to MCO tomorrow afternoon-evening. I have a friend scheduled to fly into MCO tomorrow evening, Delta assures him his flight is still on as scheduled.

My flight scheduled out of MCO to PHL after. 7pm Friday isn’t canceled yet, but all the earlier AA flight have been canceled. Anyone have any insider info on if this flight will take off or should I move it now ?

MCO execs are currently in a meeting to determine if they can open tomorrow. Follow @MCO on twitter for what the decision is after that meeting wraps up. My guess, if the flooding went down and the roads can be cleared overnight, they will operate tomorrow. Too many tourists that need to get out.
Look on www.flightaware.com for your flight tomorrow and click the "where is my plane now" If that flight has been cancelled you know yours isn't going to fly.
On a not unrelated note, the first class cabin for my flight into MCO next Wednesday just emptied out by half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter