MCO Hyatt TO WDW Experiance???

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
Thinking about flying in the evening prior to our 2 night wdw stay to maximize our time that first day without paying for an extra night for a WDW resort. My question is how would I swing the ME in the morning? Also is this a nice place to stay the reviews online seem favorable. Thanks so much!

You would just make a reservation for the day you check in at WDW and then go to the DME desk that morning. Keep in mind that you will have to bring your luggage with you.

Did this last December and doing it again next June. It's really great. We weren't planning on doing the MCO thing originally, but when I figured out how convenient it would be (and got a Hyatt credit card so I had a free night coming to me anyway), I changed flights to the evening before our Disney check-in. I called Magical Express to see if there was anything I needed to do, and the person there said nope, they don't really care when you flew in. As long as you have a resort reservation beginning on the day of your Magical Express reservation, you're golden. So we got into MCO around 8:00pm on a Saturday night, checked into the Hyatt, went and found some dinner (Italian place in the airport, forget the name, but it was good!), then went back to the Hyatt and hit the hay. Got up bright and early the next morning, got dressed, packed up, and went down to the Magical Express. We were the ONLY people in line when we got there, and about three or four others (maybe two families?) joined us in a few minutes. We got on our bus, I think one other family was on there, and were at the Grand Floridian by a little after 9:00 am. We dropped bags with bell services and were going to head to Epcot, but we were checking out the Grand's decorations and getting pictures taken in front of the tree when I got a text that our room was ready. Got bags, took them to the room, then went and got on the monorail and headed to Epcot. Spent a few hours there, then came back, rested, changed, got something to eat, and headed to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for the night. Had we flown in that morning, there's no way we would have had the time and/or energy to do all we did that first day. From now on, flying in the night before and staying at the Hyatt MCO is always the plan!

Excellent good to hear! Thanks everyone. We will definitely be doing this. This will also prevent us from flying in on our daughters birthday. So it will maximize celebrating at MK. Now to decide which resort to stay at but that's another post! :thumbsup2

I like the Hyatt, but I’ve never gotten it for a good price. So be sure to check prices for your trip. It’s entirely possible that your onsite resort will be less expensive and therefore worth it to just head to Disney when you land.

I like the Hyatt, but I’ve never gotten it for a good price. So be sure to check prices for your trip. It’s entirely possible that your onsite resort will be less expensive and therefore worth it to just head to Disney when you land.
Interesting. I've always seen pricing from $175 to $250 per night, which is much cheaper than Disney resorts for rooms of similar quality (deluxe).

Interesting. I've always seen pricing from $175 to $250 per night, which is much cheaper than Disney resorts for rooms of similar quality (deluxe).

That’s 100% relevant if you’re staying at or paying cash for deluxe, and care about value vs plain old price. If I’m not pricing things for deluxe, I don’t want to pay anywhere near it.

If you’re staying on Dvc points it’s a lot more cash than you’re paying. :)

If you’re staying Value, make sure it is a value before booking.

Since I don’t know where the OP is staying, I mentioned it. :)

I just checked (prices and years we booked there). In 2011 my base cost was 204. 2013 my total cost was 170. Those are in line with what you’re quoting, but they weren’t with today’s dollars. It was high to us but doable. And the times we *haven’t* booked there, despite wanting to, it was MUCH higher and I couldn’t get it down. So we didn’t book there.

We did it on our last trip and opted to take Uber vs. ME.
Otherwise it's very easy to just go down to ME and get on. Your reservation on ME is valid on your check in day to Disney, not the day you fly in. They don't care when you fly in, just when you check in.
We've stayed at the MCO Hyatt and it is very nice. In fact, unless you're staying deluxe at WDW, you might be disappointed after going from the MCO Hyatt to your Disney resort room.
We paid $300 at the Hyatt last month and I've never seen it below $250 on our dates. Their rates fluctuate greatly. We check the Hyatt for every trip when we fly in late (after work). Typically we'd paid the same to go on to Disney. And they are NEVER cheaper than a value for the night. A night with an AP rate at BWI can be right at $295 with tax when it's on a good deal. AP rate at a Value is barely $100.
And quality, well, I guess I didn't see anything vastly better than a Disney room. Bigger maybe but nicer? Fancier? I sure missed it.
The only reason we went with the Hyatt that trip was we landed at Midnight and had been up and at work since 6AM

Oh, one very nice thing about them, like Disney, you can totally skip the front desk. We just had to scan a code on the phone, had a machine print out the room key and we want right in. Nice to not wait on the clerk when you are tired. Especially late at night when there was only 1 and a couple others checking in

I tend to agree with PP that its important to check the price of the Hyatt compared to the price of your WDW resort. There may be no savings or it may be negligible. If the purpose of staying at the Hyatt is so you can arrive the night before to maximize time on your first park day, I would really consider just staying at a WDW hotel. If you're staying deluxe for your trip and don't want to pay that, stay value instead and have Disney transfer your luggage the next day. That way you're already on-site and can be out for rope drop in the morning without hassling with DME and storing your bags at the resort.

I've read bell services at the Hyatt has the ability to get your bags to the DME luggage area. The few dollar tip will avoid the need to drag your bags to your resort and possibly have them stored.

I just checked (prices and years we booked there). In 2011 my base cost was 204. 2013 my total cost was 170. Those are in line with what you’re quoting, but they weren’t with today’s dollars.
We paid $300 at the Hyatt last month and I've never seen it below $250 on our dates.
I stayed there a year and a half ago during Christmas vacation & paid about $215 using a AAA discount.

I just checked their online rates for tonight, and their standard nondiscounted rate is $229. That's typical for the rates I've seen at various times of year.

Both rates are far cheaper than a Disney deluxe, which is the only kind of Disney resort the MCO Hyatt is comparable to. In fact, from an objective hotel-ranking perspective, with no consideration of Disney theming, pools, or proximity to the parks, the Hyatt's rooms are actually better than the rooms at Disney deluxes, as they're larger (especially the bathrooms) and are more consistently very clean and well-maintained, and the service is better.

Last edited:
I stayed there a year and a half ago during Christmas vacation & paid about $215 using a AAA discount.

I just checked their online rates for tonight, and their standard nondiscounted rate is $229. That's typical for the rates I've seen at various times of year.

Both rates are far cheaper than a Disney deluxe, which is the only kind of Disney resort the MCO Hyatt is comparable to. In fact, from an objective hotel-ranking perspective, with no consideration of Disney theming, pools, or proximity to the parks, the Hyatt's rooms are actually better than the rooms at Disney deluxes, as they're larger (especially the bathrooms) and are more consistently very clean and well-maintained, and the service is better.
And the $300 we paid was a AAA rate. So you just never know done their rates change day by day. Not just seasons

We are staying at the Hyatt first week of November and we’re lucky to pay a points and cash rate of 6000 points plus $75. Cash rates are $339 for our night. We check into our resort the following morning but arrive at MCO around 7:30pm so Hyatt was a good choice. I can’t find a value for $75 plus tax. We booked in April.

Last edited:
Rates at the MCO Hyatt vary greatly with demand. We have stayed there the night prior to a DCL cruise from aport Canaveral. Since that’s a pretty common option for cruisers, rates tend to be higher on those nights than might otherwise be the case.

We tend to fly either very early in the morning, or very late at night to really stretch our SW points. When arriving at MCO late I've never seen the upside to staying at the Hyatt and then getting up early to catch the DME, check in at our Disney hotel and then head to the parks. We've preferred to just get the DME over with in and get to our resort so we can be ready to go directly to the parks the next morning.

For an early morning flight out of MCO, I love the Hyatt. Spend the entire day before in the parks, pick up luggage from bell services and head to the Hyatt. Then in the morning it's just a quick trip down the elevator to check in and clear security. No waiting for the DME at 3am to make the 6am flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter