• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MCO shuttle options

JLBDisney

Earning My Ears
Looking for info on experiences with the shuttles from MCO to the Disney Resorts. I've read about Mears Connect which has 2 options and Sunshine Flyer. We are a group of 10. We won't land until about 3:15 and hope to make a dinner reservation in Disney Springs at 6:30. Is that reasonable? I was hoping to hear which option is quickest and most reliable. Thanks!

Looking for info on experiences with the shuttles from MCO to the Disney Resorts. I've read about Mears Connect which has 2 options and Sunshine Flyer. We are a group of 10. We won't land until about 3:15 and hope to make a dinner reservation in Disney Springs at 6:30. Is that reasonable? I was hoping to hear which option is quickest and most reliable. Thanks!
We stayed at Bay Lake Tower May 1-6 and booked Mears for both ways. We didn't have any problems going from the airport to the resort. However, they never showed up for our return trip. We called and were on hold for about 30 minutes. They sent a taxi to pick us up and take us to the airport. Although they provided alternate transportation we will never use them again. When I went inside the resort they said this had happened to another family that day as well. Luckily our flight was delayed so we did not have trouble making our flight.

We stayed at Bay Lake Tower May 1-6 and booked Mears for both ways. We didn't have any problems going from the airport to the resort. However, they never showed up for our return trip. We called and were on hold for about 30 minutes. They sent a taxi to pick us up and take us to the airport. Although they provided alternate transportation we will never use them again. When I went inside the resort they said this had happened to another family that day as well. Luckily our flight was delayed so we did not have trouble making our flight.
I really appreciate your reply. Do you know what transportation you would use in the future?

I really appreciate your reply. Do you know what transportation you would use in the future?
It was only my husband and I so most likely with 2 people we will use Uber/Lyft or maybe Tony Hinds (I've heard good things about his service). I'm not sure what we would do with 10 people though.

For a group of 10, private transportation is going to be quite a bit more cost effective than Mears Connect or Sunshine Flyer. You will need a large van such as a Sprinter, limo, or minibus.
A few companies that have these vehicles in the area:
Select Transportation (a subsidiary of Mears). Mears’ Luxury Division does not have vans that seat more than 8, but Select has Sprinters, limos, and minibuses.
Destination MCO
Skyline Destination Management
Ace Luxury Transportation
Tiffany Towncar
It’s worth noting that I am a chauffeur with Mears. These are companies that I see around the airport and resorts on a daily basis.

agreed for a group of 10 I would book a van with private transportation, especially if you are trying to make a dinner reservation. Mears shared shuttle alone would run you about $300

For a group of 10, private transportation is going to be quite a bit more cost effective than Mears Connect or Sunshine Flyer. You will need a large van such as a Sprinter, limo, or minibus.
Select Transportation (a subsidiary of Mears). Mears’ Luxury Division does not have vans that seat more than 8, but Select has Sprinters, limos, and minibuses.
Destination MCO
Tiffany Towncar
It’s worth noting that I am a chauffeur with Mears. These are companies that I see around the airport and resorts on a daily basis.
Thank you so much! I wasn't aware of these options.

hopefully no delays with your flight or at the gate like a thunderstorm. been there and had this happen

Was the issue you experienced with a shuttle or private transportation?
no but checked bags were not unloaded until after storm passed about 45 to an hour later. to use your time would be around 4 to 415 after your flight landed 315. not transportation as such but would still miss your ressie just the same

For a group of 10 I would strongly recommend private transportation, this would be both more efficient and more cost effective, you can book a private van through Mears.

Destination MCO
Tiffany Towncar
Ross, does Mears shuttle from MCO to Drury Plaza Hotel in Disney Springs for 5 people??

For a group of 10 I would strongly recommend private transportation, this would be both more efficient and more cost effective, you can book a private van through Mears.
Do any of the private transportation options have car seats?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter