MCO-SNA nonstop flight

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Kind of wondering what the purpose would be, but I've heard of this flight (which apparently started service a few days ago) referred to as a "Disney shuttle". It's on Breeze Airways, and it's once a day Provo, Utah - Orange County Airport - Orlando in each direction.

A new airline with budget-priced tickets is coming to John Wayne Airport in 2023, and it’s bringing cleaner, quieter planes, its officials said.​
Breeze Airways will start service Feb. 16 from Orange County to Orlando – “connecting Disney to Disney,” as Breeze Chief Commercial Officer Lukas Johnson put it – and to Provo, Utah.​
Johnson said Orlando is one of the largest markets without nonstop flights from OC; until now, travelers to Orlando have had to fly out of Los Angeles or connect somewhere along the way. (JWA-to-Provo flights will continue on to Orlando.)​

Both of those links launch numerous popups and one asks me to pay to read their articles. Probably will get more replies if you post the actual article here. I did find an article about Breeze airlines on USA today. I have seen in the past where some new airline starts up with a lot of fanfare and promises lower prices/better service/etc. If they actually pan out into something ongoing tends to be anyone's guess.

1676852639056.png

Living in Orlando I would love a good nonstop flight to Disneyland. I can’t stand LAX. I looked into Breeze and the lowest fair doesn’t include a carry-on.

I also read that there are lots of delays and cancellations with this airline, so I’ll just wait and see for now.

Both of those links launch numerous popups and one asks me to pay to read their articles. Probably will get more replies if you post the actual article here. I did find an article about Breeze airlines on USA today. I have seen in the past where some new airline starts up with a lot of fanfare and promises lower prices/better service/etc. If they actually pan out into something ongoing tends to be anyone's guess.

View attachment 741000

These should have no login required:

https://thepointsguy.com/deals/breeze-disney/
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/fir...-take-off-orlando/XKFA7442Z5HDBEJNJWSU4SYULU/

If there was really a demand for such a route I’d think some other airline would already be flying it. Who knows? Maybe it will succeed.

New budget airlines appear every so often and think they somehow have figured out a different approach to how to be cost effective. In reality, there are huge fixed costs to leasing/maintaining aircraft regardless of what business model they use. They have to attract/retain enough customers to cover their fixed costs and stay in business. Every airline competes for the same customers who have lots of choices on prices/routes/etc. If a route becomes that popular, then other airlines will probably add it to their regular schedule.

Usually these start-ups can only afford a few aircraft so you can have the same issues of other low cost airlines where flight delays/bad weather or some mechanical issues can leave customers stranded until a replacement plane is available. Things work well............until they don't.

https://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/breeze-airways/

Last edited:
I've flown Breeze a couple times, as they fly out of a small airport not too far from us (Canton-Akron). They're pretty good - I'd definitely put them a step above Frontier or Spirit (not that it takes much to be better than them ;) ). They don't have too many routes now, but they're young and growing. It's the same guy who founded WestJet and JetBlue, so it's not the guy's first foray into airlines, he's got experience with this sort of thing. :)

I live about 2 miles from SNA. I looked at Breeze for my trip in less than 2 weeks. I did not find the prices all that good. And with only 1 flight a day, I was concerned about cancellations. Like Spirit or Frontier, there is a lot of nickel and diming (seat selection, bags, carry ons). I decided against them until I find some reviews of people doing this flight. I will go up to LAX (so good 45-50 minutes away) and flying Delta nonstop.

Starting this July, SWA is running a nonstop from Long Beach to MCO once a day. There are also 5-6 connecting flights as well. Long Beach is an easy airport to use, too.

Starting this July, SWA is running a nonstop from Long Beach to MCO once a day. There are also 5-6 connecting flights as well. Long Beach is an easy airport to use, too.

Looked it up, and it will be once a week on Saturdays only. Not quite sure how useful that would be. But I suppose someone could do a round trip without a nonstop (and/or using LAX) for one leg.

On Saturday, July 15, 2023, Southwest also will launch new seasonal service on Saturdays between Long Beach, Calif. and Orlando.​

The review made me want to fly Breeze.

Her "problems" were not problems in my opinion. She made assumptions instead of finding out how things worked, wifi in particular, before the flight.

While she says the cost was about the same as JetBlue or American, I don't think she is comparing the firstclass she paid for on Breeze with first class on JetBlue or American.

I picked a random day about a month out and American offers no non stops from SNA to MCO. In first class the ticket ranges from $668 to $1283 with one or two connections.

JetBlue does not appear to fly out of SNA. I had to compare BUR to MCO. JetBlue does not offer first class on the route. The only flights available are red eye overnight flights that connect in JFK for $214 for Blue Extra.

If I compare JetBlue LAX to MCO they do offer Mint which is not a direct comparison to the seat she purchased on Breeze. But neither is the price. $852 to $1022.

She paid $299. Nearly 3x less than the lower end of American or JetBlue.

For the date I checked, August 21st, Breeze is $245 for nicest class.

Waaaaah!!! Nobody told me they don’t have Wifi.

It appears she expected Jet Blue Mint service at chewed up bubble gum prices.

The author's complaints were that it took 20 minutes to check in, the plane was dirty, and there was no wifi. It seems like she wasn't aware that Breeze is a budget airline, more akin to Spirit and Frontier than other carriers. Jetblue and Southwest call themselves budget but really aren't, they're like a step in between the major carriers and real budget airlines. The check in time and wifi are complete jokes, since that isn't a long line by most standards and I would never expect wifi on a budget flight. The cleanliness is the only real complaint, and that can be systematic because cheaper airlines spend the bare minimum on cleaning between flights. If I were doing a coast to coast trip, I would gladly try the same flight.

Mammoth Club posted a video on YouTube about their experience with Breeze. Overall it was positive - for what they paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter