MCO to Universal

You know you can always pull up the price real-time in the app? That way you can run a trial at the same time of day, and day of the week, and see the prices for different types of cars.

this is pretty much the range - but lots of factors like time of day etc...
A couple years ago it was about $35 to Endless Summer when I arrived but $90+ when I was trying to depart because my flight was pretty early. I waited a bit and got lucky the price came down, I'm not sure if booking in advance would have gotten a lower price or not.

I've been wondering the same thing about transportation to and from MCO to Universal for our trip in November. I wonder if taxi's are comparable to Uber? Also, what about car services? I will need to check things out.

A couple years ago it was about $35 to Endless Summer when I arrived but $90+ when I was trying to depart because my flight was pretty early. I waited a bit and got lucky the price came down, I'm not sure if booking in advance would have gotten a lower price or not.
WOW - that is crazy - I have found on occasion where the select or black is cheaper than standard uber - Ive never seen it that high

I've been wondering the same thing about transportation to and from MCO to Universal for our trip in November. I wonder if taxi's are comparable to Uber? Also, what about car services? I will need to check things out.
Id say in general Uber is cheaper that taxis in Florida and more importantly you know the price when you get in the car.

Is some states its pretty much the same as a taxi.
In Ireland I thinks its actually more expensive than a taxi and the price is variable like a taxi so time and milage factor in - you get an estimated price range. That said I think you are far less likely to get scammed in an Uber than a random off the street Taxi in Dublin.

In both those cases Ill still go with Uber over a random taxi.

WOW - that is crazy - I have found on occasion where the select or black is cheaper than standard uber - Ive never seen it that high

Id say in general Uber is cheaper that taxis in Florida and more importantly you know the price when you get in the car.

Is some states its pretty much the same as a taxi.
In Ireland I thinks its actually more expensive than a taxi and the price is variable like a taxi so time and milage factor in - you get an estimated price range. That said I think you are far less likely to get scammed in an Uber than a random off the street Taxi in Dublin.

In both those cases Ill still go with Uber over a random taxi.
Thank you, Tony67, I think we will stick with Uber. I had heard something about Star buses for Universal but cant find anything on them? So, I guess Uber is it:)

Thank you, Tony67, I think we will stick with Uber. I had heard something about Star buses for Universal but cant find anything on them? So, I guess Uber is it:)
You mean the superstar shuttle - that is like 15 per person each way - very mixed experiences with it - its fine if you come in during normal hours - but if you come in off hours forget it

Much better off with Uber IMO - Ive done the shuttle several times and last time was a nightmare - so never again

I would strongly recommend that people check “ride share”s instead of strictly Uber. Because of demand / peak pricing, prices can vary greatly - and often I’ve found Uber demand pricing to be much higher than Lyft pricing. Occasionally it’s been the opposite.

Has anyone had trouble getting an Uber late at night? We're arriving around 11:30 PM and I'm trying to decide if I should pre-book a taxi through the Mears website or just try for an Uber when we arrive. I'm concerned that there may not be many ubers available that late.

Has anyone had trouble getting an Uber late at night? We're arriving around 11:30 PM and I'm trying to decide if I should pre-book a taxi through the Mears website or just try for an Uber when we arrive. I'm concerned that there may not be many ubers available that late.
We’ve taken Uber/Lyft from MCO later than 11pm before (a few times at that hour) and never had a problem getting one. That place is always hopping with rideshares.

I'd like to very strongly agree with @WAstateDVCDaddy My sister and I fly in together quite often and will have one of us check lyft while the other checks uber and whichever is cheaper/fastest will get ordered. Sometimes the prices are pretty much the same, sometimes they are vastly different.

Last time I came to Orlando I pre-booked with Gear Fusion because we were going to have a lot of luggage and a scooter in the party and I wanted to make sure we would fit. I would recommend that car service, they were a pricier than a standard uber but excellent service and driver. Their prices are on their website.

We've typically paid $40-$50 (pre-tip) for an UberXL or LyftXL from MCO to a Universal hotel, although we tend to arrive during popular times of day (when pricing might be elevated). We do find that Lyft is almost always less expensive than Uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter