• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MDE and website issues?

Born 2B a Princess

Where's my tiara?!?!
I'm having problems with MDE and the website -- when I open MDE it just freezes and doesn't even get to the sign in screen...and the website isn't much better yesterday/today. Anyone know if there are widespread issues or is it just me?

As of late (and by that I mean several months) the MDE app has been freezing and barely loading for me, if at all. Since then I've only ever used the website on my mobile phone. It works the same, you just are going through your internet browser instead of the app. I've deleted, reinstalled several times and the MDE app still has issues. It's most definitely not you.

There are always widespread issues. It isn't just you. MDE is an hour by hour gamble.
Honestly the Dis should have a splash page for everyone who logs on that says "Welcome To The Dis! If you are wondering if anyone other than you is having difficulty with MDE app or website, trust us--it's everyone because Disney IT sucks." It would save users a lot of time;)

That said there is an update on the iOS today. No idea if it's much of an improvement or not. But it's there

I've been forced to do everything on my laptop lately. The app won't even open most of the time. I've deleted and reinstalled several times and it still won't work most of the time. I guess I'll have to use the website on my phone when I'm trying for 4th FP's in the parks. It's disappointing that a company like Disney has so much trouble with MDE. It seems like they should be much better.

I'm having problems with MDE and the website -- when I open MDE it just freezes and doesn't even get to the sign in screen...and the website isn't much better yesterday/today. Anyone know if there are widespread issues or is it just me?

When I went to my plans here on my desktop it said not able to view FP plans. First off, I don't have any tickets let alone FP plans. I opened up an incognito window here on Chrome and everything was normal. I think from one of us to the next it just depends on what we get when using MDE

I've been having the same issue but only when using cellular data. It works fine when I'm connected to wifi. It's annoying for sure!

There was an outage yesterday evening of the fast pass functionality. It lasted about 30-45 minutes, and there was a pop-up message on MDE during that time.

It constantly crashes when I use Chrome. When I switch over to explorer I have no issues with it.

I'm curious. Anyone in the parks have trouble using an FP booked before the outage during the outage? Just wondering if a hard outage like this affected the ability to redeem FPs in addition to seeing, making, or changing them.

I'm curious. Anyone in the parks have trouble using an FP booked before the outage during the outage? Just wondering if a hard outage like this affected the ability to redeem FPs in addition to seeing, making, or changing them.
According to the pop up message, there shouldn't have been any problem actually USING FP, just seeing, modifying, making them.

No. It's a viewing problem only. It's not an outage. The FP themselves are unaffected.

Now, that said, they have HAD some outages here and there but that's not the issue of late. Those are few and far between and short bursts. Horrible mind you but very different from the issues plaguing MDE right now

I was having the same problem but at least for me seems to be working now with the update that was released today

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter