MDE App Update & Recent “Refresh” Changes Discussion (we’re not doomed!)

If I were an Android app user (or an iPhone app user) I'd consider switching to the browser for the best interface. It doesn't recenter anything and lets you click the same time over and over so when I'm modifying an existing FP, I can keep my finger right over the times and not have to scroll to see times. I was surprised the first time I used the Android app that you have to scroll a little bit to see the times that are available. I wonder if that's why I had really good luck during the brief time when FPs went to the fastest fingers. The web browser interface allows the fastest human interaction (the Android app still has the fastest reload time for each refresh though).
Great idea. I have used the mobile site in the past when the app wasn't working for me but didn't remember that the times don't automatically change like they do on the iPhone app. I just tried it on my browser and it is refreshing so quickly! Too bad my next trip isn't til August.

If I were an Android app user (or an iPhone app user) I'd consider switching to the browser for the best interface. It doesn't recenter anything and lets you click the same time over and over so when I'm modifying an existing FP, I can keep my finger right over the times and not have to scroll to see times. I was surprised the first time I used the Android app that you have to scroll a little bit to see the times that are available. I wonder if that's why I had really good luck during the brief time when FPs went to the fastest fingers. The web browser interface allows the fastest human interaction (the Android app still has the fastest reload time for each refresh though).

I'm not sure I understand. Neither the app nor the browser require me to change anything. I can keep clicking the same time over and over without moving or scrolling. The only benefit I find to the browser is if I want the time that I am hitting ro stay at the right hand side of my screen. With the browser the time selections to hit won't move. With the app it defaults the last time selected to the left of the screen.

Here's how I see both and keep keep hitting the desired time without moving. On a side note, I've found 7DMT to be very easy to get night before recently. To show what I meant by the screens I quickly grabbed a 7DMT in 2-3 refreshes and then in about 10 refreshes had another time show up. Here is how it looks trying to modify using both.

Screenshot_20190408-232640_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20190408-232813_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm not sure I understand. Neither the app nor the browser require me to change anything. I can keep clicking the same time over and over without moving or scrolling. The only benefit I find to the browser is if I want the time that I am hitting ro stay at the right hand side of my screen. With the browser the time selections to hit won't move. With the app it defaults the last time selected to the left of the screen.

Here's how I see both and keep keep hitting the desired time without moving. On a side note, I've found 7DMT to be very easy to get night before recently. To show what I meant by the screens I quickly grabbed a 7DMT in 2-3 refreshes and then in about 10 refreshes had another time show up. Here is how it looks trying to modify using both.

View attachment 393546 View attachment 393547
The iPhone app functions a little differently. If you hit 9:00 it will slide off the screen to the left and the earliest time you will see is 9:30. Once you hit 9:30, 10:00 is the earliest and so on. That's pretty good luck. May be a stupid question but you have to scroll down to see 7DMT every time until you can book one, right?

The iPhone app functions a little differently. If you hit 9:00 it will slide off the screen to the left and the earliest time you will see is 9:30. Once you hit 9:30, 10:00 is the earliest and so on. That's pretty good luck. May be a stupid question but you have to scroll down to see 7DMT every time until you can book one, right?

Yes, you do have to scroll down for 7DMT. I found one quickly and then those were from modifying.

Not saying I want Disney to institute tiers at Mk but the tiers at Epcot, AK, and HS make it so much easier for refreshing with not having to scroll down. I always hate refreshing for MK.
I'm totally in the same boat.

Not saying I want Disney to institute tiers at Mk but the tiers at Epcot, AK, and HS make it so much easier for refreshing with not having to scroll down. I always hate refreshing for MK.

The only positive I take from it is that I'm pretty sure I can refresh and scroll for 7DMT faster than most people so the fact that it takes others longer gives me a very slight advantage. But 100% agreed.

Not sure how you got on Disney's 'bad list' with refreshing. ;)

Pretty consistently about 3 second here (both WiFi and cell, no difference), FWIW.

I must have done something very wrong in a past life. Maybe I was a mortal enemy of Walt's or something.

View attachment 393546 View attachment 393547

With the browser, when I'm refreshing, I move the screen up so that the line of times is just below the cutoff for the screen. It stays there each time I select a time. So I can see the icon for the FP I'm modifying, all the available times for it, and often the first alphabetical ride below that and it's times. Through each refresh it stays with the times at the very top of the screen. When I've used the Android app, it recenters that band of times vertically to approximately 1/3 of the way down the screen. Depending on the ride I'm refreshing for, it knocks the times down below the bottom edge of the screen. I have to scroll just a little bit to see what's actually available for the times. But maybe that's because I have an older phone with a smaller screen. But after using the website, it drives me nuts.

The first one below is how things look in the web browser for me on each refresh - so if I'm looking for EE, I can also keep an eye out for FOP. The second one is simulating what I see with the Android (I don't have that phone charged at the moment).

Attachments

• IMG_0803.PNG
    IMG_0803.PNG
    191.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0804.PNG
    IMG_0804.PNG
    246.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I must have done something very wrong in a past life. Maybe I was a mortal enemy of Walt's or something.

With the browser, when I'm refreshing, I move the screen up so that the line of times is just below the cutoff for the screen. It stays there each time I select a time. So I can see the icon for the FP I'm modifying, all the available times for it, and often the first alphabetical ride below that and it's times. Through each refresh it stays with the times at the very top of the screen. When I've used the Android app, it recenters that band of times vertically to approximately 1/3 of the way down the screen. Depending on the ride I'm refreshing for, it knocks the times down below the bottom edge of the screen. I have to scroll just a little bit to see what's actually available for the times. But maybe that's because I have an older phone with a smaller screen. But after using the website, it drives me nuts.

I use a Note 8 so screen size doesn't cause that problem....that would be annoying.

The first one below is how things look in the web browser for me on each refresh - so if I'm looking for EE, I can also keep an eye out for FOP. The second one is simulating what I see with the Android (I don't have that phone charged at the moment).

I have to scroll down a bit on my android phone too. (Samsung galaxy S7) Very annoying.

I was really feeling this while trying to modify Splash last month LOL

Have you tried turning off your phone and rebooting it? That will sometimes fix issues.

I still haven’t updated to the new iOS. Reading recent reviews on App Store, people had dining issues. Anyone experiencing that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter